[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Woo Hoo ! Going to Opening Weekend

Menudo

I just found out that I will be attending the Steelers - Titans game on the opening weekend, and I am pumped up about it !!!!!!!! We are going to be staying at the Marriott Spring Hill Suites, which is right across from PNC Park and Hi-Tops. It should be a lot of fun. Are there any other Huddlers heading to or in Pittsburgh that weekend that would like to get together at Hi-Tops on Saturday night for some drinks ?

I'm such a little kid when it comes to this stuff and knowing that I am going to that game will make me happy all day today. Woo Hoo !!!! :D:D:D

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO !!!!

:D

Steelers :D

Edit: My Avatar really fits this message.

Edited by Menudo

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But I thought you were a Ravens fan. :D

878477[/snapback]

He is, he just has a man love thing for Bill Cohwer. Ever since he saw him give Kordell a kiss on the head, he's been secretly wondering how he can get him some.

He is, he just has a man love thing for Bill Cohwer.  Ever since he saw him give Kordell a kiss on the head, he's been secretly wondering how he can get him some.

878934[/snapback]

Yeah, I wish we could have an arrogant piece of garbage like Billick (If I'm spelling it wrong, it is because he is not worth my effort to spell it right) coaching the Steelers. He fits in perfect with this team full of wife beaters, drug addicts, and convicts.

Yeah, I wish we could have an arrogant piece of garbage like Billick (If I'm spelling it wrong, it is because he is not worth my effort to spell it right) coaching the Steelers.  He fits in perfect with this team full of wife beaters, drug addicts, and convicts.

878983[/snapback]

Man, 1979 was a long time ago.

Man, 1979 was a long time ago.

879007[/snapback]

What was the Ravens record last year? What was the Steelers record last year ?

Edited by Menudo

Yeah, I wish we could have an arrogant piece of garbage like Billick (If I'm spelling it wrong, it is because he is not worth my effort to spell it right) coaching the Steelers.  He fits in perfect with this team full of wife beaters, drug addicts, and convicts.

878983[/snapback]

There is a fine line between confident and arrogant, and Billick crosses it every day. Cohwer doens't have to worry about being arrogant, he's had since 1992 (12 years) to win a Super Bowl and hasn't done it, so there is nothing to be arrogant about.

Regular Season

1992-present Bill Cowher 135-83-1 (61%)

1999-present Brian Billick 60-41-0 (60%)

SuperBowl

Bill Cowher 0-1

Brian Billick 1-0

Who would you rather be?

What was the Ravens record last year?  What was the Steelers record last year ?

879028[/snapback]

So, I guess that is the new championship for a Squeeler fan. Whether they have a better record than the Ravens. :D

Regular Season

1992-present Bill Cowher 135-83-1  (61%)

1999-present Brian Billick    60-41-0  (60%)

SuperBowl

Bill Cowher  0-1

Brian Billick  1-0

Who would you rather be?

879036[/snapback]

So lets look at playoffs since then ...

RAVENS

2001 - Lost AFC Divisional game @ Pitt 10-27

2002 - Used their remotes to watch the Steelers in the playoffs

2003 - Lost AFC Wildcard game @ Ten Titans

2004 - Used their remotes to watch the Steelers in the playoffs

STEELERS

2001 - Beat Ravens in AFC Divisional game @ Pitt 27-10

Lost AFC Championship to NE 24-17

2002 - Lost AFC Divisional game @ Ten 34-31

2003 - Used their remotes to watch the Ravens lose a Wildcard game

2004 - Lost AFC Championship to NE 41-27

Who would you rather be? :D

I guess the one thing we can gather from this is that ...

at least the Ravens should know how to use their remotes during the beginning part of the year.

So lets look at playoffs since then ...

RAVENS

2001 - Lost AFC Divisional game @ Pitt 10-27

2002 - Used their remotes to watch the Steelers in the playoffs

2003 - Lost AFC Wildcard game @ Ten Titans

2004 - Used their remotes to watch the Steelers in the playoffs

STEELERS

2001 - Beat Ravens in AFC Divisional game @ Pitt 27-10

Lost AFC Championship to NE 24-17

2002 - Lost AFC Divisional game @ Ten 34-31

2003 - Used their remotes to watch the Ravens lose a Wildcard game

2004 - Lost AFC Championship to NE 41-27

Who would you rather be?  :D

I guess the one thing we can gather from this is that ...

at least the Ravens should know how to use their remotes during the beginning part of the year.

879240[/snapback]

I'd rather have the success of the Patriots or Bucs since we last won it. Funny how you Pittsburgh fans always blab about how you won 4 in the 70's but when I post this, 5 years is too far for you to go back.

Neither of us won a SuperBowl. You've been to the playoffs 3/4 years, we've been 2/4. If you want to count playoff wins and almost victories, that's what Eagles fans are for.

Funny how you Pittsburgh fans always blab about how you won 4 in the 70's but when I post this, 5 years is too far for you to go back.

879258[/snapback]

:D All depends on how you use the numbers ....

For instance, under Cowher the Steelers made it to the playoffs in his first 6 years every time.

Take a look at how many times the coaches have led their teams to the playoffs ...

Cowher - 9 out of 13 years (69%)

Billick - 3 out of 6 years (50%)

Granted, those numbers could change but right now they are what they are. Pittsburgh is more consistently a playoff team ... congrats for winning the SB 5 years ago ... and just to set the record straight

I am NOT a Steelers fan!

Cowher - 9 out of 13 years (69%)

Billick - 3 out of 6 years (50%)

879284[/snapback]

Cowher 0 out of 1 SuperBowl (0%)

Billick 1 out of 1 SuperBowl (100%)

I seem to think that people care more about who won the SuperBowl than they do who made the playoffs that year. Did not Tony Dungy get canned because his team ONLY made the playoffs? Cowher not getting canned after reaching the playoffs so many times and not winning it is the exception, not the rule.

If we go by number of trips to the playoffs, recent teams like Minny, San Fran and Indy are all great teams (all have canned a coach the last few years because of failures IN the playoffs).

SuperBowl is what it's all about. Everything else is just fluff for the slows.

He is, he just has a man love thing for Bill Cohwer.  Ever since he saw him give Kordell a kiss on the head, he's been secretly wondering how he can get him some.

878934[/snapback]

That wasn't Kordell's head, it was actually some kind of weird growth ON Kordell's head. :D

Edited by Ralph Furley

Cowher 0 out of 1 SuperBowl (0%)

Billick 1 out of 1 SuperBowl (100%)

I seem to think that people care more about who won the SuperBowl than they do who made the playoffs that year.  Did not Tony Dungy get canned because his team ONLY made the playoffs?  Cowher not getting canned after reaching the playoffs so many times and not winning it is the exception, not the rule.

If we go by number of trips to the playoffs, recent teams like Minny, San Fran and Indy are all great teams (all have canned a coach the last few years because of failures IN the playoffs).

SuperBowl is what it's all about.  Everything else is just fluff for the slows.

879313[/snapback]

Then if it is all about SB ... why ignore the 4 that Pitt has won or the 3 in a row Mia won just because they aren't as recent. A Super Bowl is a Super Bowl is it not.

Menudo, congrats. I am, and will always be a Jets fan, but I've always had several teams in the NFL that I would root for, as long as it wasn't at the expense of the Jets. You have caused me to delete the Steelers from that secondary list. I own Rothlisberger in DWII, and now, I even hope he stinks the joint up. Dern you, Menudo. I speet on yer terrible towel! :D

Me and Marauders will be in Atlanta for the opening Monday Night game. BJ we have to grab a beer.