[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Woo Hoo ! Going to Opening Weekend

Menudo

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there any other Huddlers heading to or in Pittsburgh that weekend that would like to get together at Hi-Tops on Saturday night for some drinks ? 

878453[/snapback]

Depending on my work schedule at that time I may be able to do something.

Menudo, congrats. I am, and will always be a Jets fan, but I've always had several teams in the NFL that I would root for, as long as it wasn't at the expense of the Jets. You have caused me to delete the Steelers from that secondary list. I own Rothlisberger in DWII, and now, I even hope he stinks the joint up. Dern you, Menudo. I speet on yer terrible towel!  :D

879345[/snapback]

I don't want anyone "secondarily" rooting for the Steelers, so good riddance !!! :D

I don't want anyone "secondarily" rooting for the Steelers, so good riddance !!!    :D

879689[/snapback]

Yeah, yer right. They don't deserve even secondary fandom. This year's biggest bust. So, are the wheelchairs for the RB corp all oiled up? :D

:D

What was the Ravens record last year?  What was the Steelers record last year ?

:D

879028[/snapback]

They were both 1-1 against each other and 0-0 in the Super Bowl.

That is all that matters.

Push.

Oh yeah, and the Ravens had a better draft pick :D

(and draft).

Gosh, are all Steelers fans so silly!? :D

Edited by justin

Then if it is all about SB ... why ignore the 4 that Pitt has won or the 3 in a row Mia won just because they aren't as recent.  A Super Bowl is a Super Bowl is it not.

879329[/snapback]

You have to understand. The Ravens fans have ONE and ONLY ONE argument they can use against Steeler fans, and they try to use it. EVERY OTHER comparable category goes to the Steelers other than "Who won the most recent Super Bowl ?" It is impossible to reason with them, so just let them go. The Steelers owned the AFC Central, and they now own the AFC North. Everyone knows it, except Baltimore, Cleveland, and Cincy fans.

They were both 1-1 against each other and 0-0 in the Super Bowl.

That is all that matters.

Push.

Oh yeah, and the Ravens had a better draft pick :D

(and draft).

Gosh, are all Steelers fans so silly!? :D

879959[/snapback]

Yeah, that is all that matters. I bet you Ravens fans enjoyed last season just as much as we Steeler fans. :D

The Steelers are 13-6 overall against the Baltimore

Ravens, including a 1-0 record in the postseason.

Pittsburgh has a 6-3 record at Baltimore and is 7-3 at

home versus the Ravens.

The Steelers have won six of the last eight games,

including a 2001 AFC Divisional Playoff victory at

Heinz Field (Jan. 20, 2002). The Steelers have not lost consecutive

games to the Ravens since 1999-00. The

Ravens have never swept the season series against

the Steelers.

===

Menudo - I've been to the following games IN baltimore:

PIT 31 at BAL 18 Sunday 10/27/2002 (Burress got tossed in this game)

PIT 26 at BAL 21 Sunday Night 12/16/2001

It's great going into Baltimore to watch the Steelers dominate - about 1/4 of the crowd MINIMUM is black and gold, and it's great atmosphere. Have a great time at the game, they're always a fun time. Enjoy!

home versus the Ravens.

Heinz Field (Jan. 20, 2002).  The Steelers have not lost consecutive

games to the Ravens since 1999-00.  The

the Steelers.

===

PIT 31 at BAL 18  Sunday 10/27/2002  (Burress got tossed in this game)

PIT 26 at BAL 21  Sunday Night 12/16/2001 

It's great going into Baltimore to watch the Steelers dominate - about 1/4 of the crowd MINIMUM is black and gold, and it's great atmosphere.  Have a great time at the game, they're always a fun time.  Enjoy!

880089[/snapback]

:D Best post I've seen in years.

:D Thanks for doing the research I was too lazy to do. :D

I've also been to Baltimore once for a game, which, of course, the Steelers won. I must say, I was surprised how full of Steeler fans it was. You certainly don't see that many opposing fans in the "Burgh" :D

You have to understand.  The Ravens fans have ONE and ONLY ONE argument they can use against Steeler fans, and they try to use it.  EVERY OTHER comparable category goes to the Steelers other than "Who won the most recent Super Bowl ?"  It is impossible to reason with them, so just let them go.  The Steelers owned the AFC Central, and they now own the AFC North.  Everyone knows it, except Baltimore, Cleveland, and Cincy fans.

880029[/snapback]

The Steelers fans don't have half the arguement Philly fans have and no where near the arguement that New England fans have, yet they seem to remind everyone how great they USED to be 25 years ago.

No one cares who didn't win the SuperBowl that year, even if they did win 15 games. Steelers where 1-1 in the playoffs last year, and that's when it counts.

Yeah, that is all that matters.  I bet you Ravens fans enjoyed last season just as much as we Steeler fans.    :D

880030[/snapback]

We enjoyed the SuperBowl as much as you did. You guys win one playoff game and think that puts you head and shoulders above everyone else. Congrats, you're as good as the Colts. In 10 years, no one will care or remember, except maybe Rothlisberger's mom.

home versus the Ravens.

Heinz Field (Jan. 20, 2002).  The Steelers have not lost consecutive

games to the Ravens since 1999-00.  The

the Steelers.

===

PIT 31 at BAL 18  Sunday 10/27/2002  (Burress got tossed in this game)

PIT 26 at BAL 21  Sunday Night 12/16/2001 

It's great going into Baltimore to watch the Steelers dominate - about 1/4 of the crowd MINIMUM is black and gold, and it's great atmosphere.  Have a great time at the game, they're always a fun time.  Enjoy!

880089[/snapback]

In that same period, we are 5-2 in the playoffs, including 1-0 in the SuperBowl.

In that same period, the Steelers are 3-3 in the playoffs, never reaching the SuperBowl. In fact, the Steelers have not won two playoff games in a year since 1995. One and done the last three trips.

You are right, you have a great team during the regular season the last few years. What would you rather have, a few divisional banners or one Lombardi Trophy that isn't so old it's rusting? Ask Philly fans, they know the answer to this.

In that same period, we are 5-2 in the playoffs, including 1-0 in the SuperBowl.

In that same period, the Steelers are 3-3 in the playoffs, never reaching the SuperBowl.  In fact, the Steelers have not won two playoff games in a year since 1995.  One and done the last three trips.

You are right, you have a great team during the regular season the last few years.  What would you rather have, a few divisional banners or one Lombardi Trophy that isn't so old it's rusting?  Ask Philly fans, they know the answer to this.

880146[/snapback]

Big difference... Philly fans have 0 Super Bowls. The Steelers still have 4. Yes, they were a long time ago, but the organization does own 4, while the Eagles own 0.

In that same period, the Steelers are 3-3 in the playoffs, never reaching the SuperBowl.  In fact, the Steelers have not won two playoff games in a year since 1995.  One and done the last three trips.

You are right, you have a great team during the regular season the last few years.  What would you rather have, a few divisional banners or one Lombardi Trophy that isn't so old it's rusting?  Ask Philly fans, they know the answer to this.

880146[/snapback]

I didn't realize the intellect we were dealing with here, since I don't post often to know you:

Did you read the earlier post:

RAVENS

2001 - Lost AFC Divisional game @ Pitt 10-27

2002 - Used their remotes to watch the Steelers in the playoffs

2003 - Lost AFC Wildcard game @ Ten Titans

2004 - Used their remotes to watch the Steelers in the playoffs

STEELERS

2001 - Beat Ravens in AFC Divisional game @ Pitt 27-10

Lost AFC Championship to NE 24-17

2002 - Lost AFC Divisional game @ Ten 34-31

2003 - Used their remotes to watch the Ravens lose a Wildcard game

2004 - Lost AFC Championship to NE 41-27

The reason the Steelers have not won more playoff games is because they had byes in the playoffs due to their performance during the regular season.

Looking at those results, the Ravens won 1 wildcard game and lost 1 wildcard game in the past 4 seasons.

The Steelers, on the other hand, had a bye before stomping you in the divisional game in 01, and also had a bye last season before beating the Jets in the divisional.

You don't have the right mindset when making your arguments: you don't know whether to argue recent history, or Superbowls. I suggest you don't argue either, because unless you go back to 2000, you haven't won a superbowl nor have you had any success IN the playoffs recently OR vs. the Steelers recently (or ever).

So if you want to argue recent history (a.k.a recent success head to head), see my prior post.

If you want to look at SB rings, we've got you there also. I suggest you take a quick trip here: http://www.superbowl.com/history/records/team/games and do a "Control+F" for Baltimore - they aren't anywhere to be found. Sorry for your team.

Trying to argue "Superbowls won in the 2000-2001 season" is your only argument and the only way you can possibly say you are better. And we all know that is not an intelligent argument.

I didn't realize the intellect we were dealing with here, since I don't post often to know you:

Did you read the earlier post:

The reason the Steelers have not won more playoff games is because they had byes in the playoffs due to their performance during the regular season. 

Looking at those results, the Ravens won 1 wildcard game and lost 1 wildcard game in the past 4 seasons. 

The Steelers, on the other hand, had a bye before stomping you in the divisional game in 01, and also had a bye last season before beating the Jets in the divisional.

You don't have the right mindset when making your arguments:  you don't know whether to argue recent history, or Superbowls.  I suggest you don't argue either, because unless you go back to 2000, you haven't won a superbowl nor have you had any success IN the playoffs recently OR vs. the Steelers recently (or ever).

So if you want to argue recent history (a.k.a recent success head to head), see my prior post.

If you want to look at SB rings, we've got you there also.  I suggest you take a quick trip here:  http://www.superbowl.com/history/records/team/games and do a "Control+F" for Baltimore - they aren't anywhere to be found.  Sorry for your team.

Trying to argue "Superbowls won in the 2000-2001 season" is your only argument and the only way you can possibly say you are better.  And we all know that is not an intelligent argument.

880243[/snapback]

Wow, you actually got them to shut up. Congrats !!! :D:D

You don't have the right mindset when making your arguments:  you don't know whether to argue recent history, or Superbowls.  I suggest you don't argue either, because unless you go back to 2000, you haven't won a superbowl nor have you had any success IN the playoffs recently OR vs. the Steelers recently (or ever).

880243[/snapback]

Last I checked, I could only go back to 1996. Even if we do, Steelers didn't do anything then either.

If you want to look at total history, Baltimore has won 2 SuperBowls and 2 NFL Championships.

Looks like we're tied, 4 to 4, except we haven't been in the league half as long as you have. Hell, we where out of the league from 1984 to 1995 and you only managed to lose a SuperBowl during that period.

How many players from you last championship team are still on the roster? We still have players who have won titles with this team in this day and age. Your roster is full of guys who may have gotten a sniff or won it with an other team.

Last I checked, I could only go back to 1996.  Even if we do, Steelers didn't do anything then either.

If you want to look at total history, Baltimore has won 2 SuperBowls and 2 NFL Championships.

Looks like we're tied, 4 to 4, except we haven't been in the league half as long as you have.  Hell, we where out of the league from 1984 to 1995 and you only  managed to lose a SuperBowl during that period.

How many players from you last championship team are still on the roster?  We still have players who have won titles with this team in this day and age.  Your roster is full of guys who may have gotten a sniff or won it with an other team.

880444[/snapback]

I don't really care to debate the cities - you are now trying to claim titles off of two entirely different franchises. You said it yourself - "Last I checked, I could only go back to 1996." That is your franchise - the Baltimore Ravens - 6-13 vs. the Steelers, and 1-4 comparing Superbowls w/ the Steelers.

In the long run, who really cares - as you can see, I only post when I want/need to, and I felt like I needed to make sure you Ravens (don't forget Ex-Colt apparently) backers know the truth.

Now that the truth has been told, continue posting whatever you want about players on other teams, teams in other cities and whatever else.

That's laughable. I'm posting info from the Baltimore Ravens and Baltimore Colts. Both Baltimore teams. How many titles did your team win that where called The Greatest Game of All Time?

If you want to talk about total team performance, we could look at the Steelers before Chuck Knoll came along. In the 33 years before Knoll, your sad franchise was pathetic, having only 1 coach with a winning record. He was the only coach with more than 3 years with the team.

Facts are the Steelers had 4 great years in the 70s. Since then, they've been mediocre. When did the last Steeler to win anything retire?

When the Ravens no longer have players that won a title with their current team, I'll stop brining it up as a point relevent to current discussion.

Both cities have good teams right now. Difference is we have players that where around for our last glory. Too bad these two teams can't meet in the SuperBowl, that would just get ugly.

I don't really care to debate the cities - you are now trying to claim titles off of two entirely different franchises.  You said it yourself - "Last I checked, I could only go back to 1996."  That is your franchise - the Baltimore Ravens - 6-13 vs. the Steelers, and 1-4 comparing Superbowls w/ the Steelers.

In the long run, who really cares - as you can see, I only post when I want/need to, and I felt like I needed to make sure you Ravens (don't forget Ex-Colt apparently) backers know the truth.

Now that the truth has been told, continue posting whatever you want about players on other teams, teams in other cities and whatever else.

880458[/snapback]

Agreed. At some point you have to realize who you are arguing with and just give up. They'll think they've won, as people like that do, but it just isn't worth the effort. Congrats Big Red, NFL people really do hold the Baltimore Ravens franchise in the same high regard as they do the Pittsburgh Steelers. :D

One more note. (Yes, I can't let it go)

I think to compare we have to look at their most recent game, since it is afterall, most recent. :D

Total Net Yards Ravens 248

Steelers 404

Net Yards Rushing Ravens 71

Steelers 183

Steelers 20

Baltimore 7

And my favorite drive. No need for trickery, lets just run this over-rated defense over:

1-10-PIT29 (14:53) B.Roethlisberger pass to H.Ward to PIT 36 for 7 yards (R.Lewis).

2-3-PIT36 (14:17) J.Bettis right guard to PIT 43 for 7 yards (E.Hartwell, M.Douglas).

1-10-PIT43 (13:39) J.Bettis left guard to PIT 46 for 3 yards (A.Thomas, M.Kemoeatu).

2-7-PIT46 (13:01) J.Bettis left end to BLT 43 for 11 yards (M.Douglas).

1-10-BAL43 (12:18) V.Haynes left tackle to BLT 32 for 11 yards (E.Reed; R.Lewis).

1-10-BAL32 (11:38) V.Haynes left guard to BLT 23 for 9 yards (M.Douglas, E.Reed).

2-1-BAL23 (10:57) V.Haynes left guard to BLT 18 for 5 yards (R.Lewis).

1-10-BAL18 (10:18) V.Haynes up the middle to BLT 15 for 3 yards (M.Douglas, R.Lewis).

2-7-BAL15 (9:39) J.Bettis left tackle to BLT 9 for 6 yards (E.Hartwell).

3-1-BAL9 (8:56) #78 Starks is an eligible receiver J.Bettis right guard to BLT 9 for no gain (T.Suggs, E.Hartwell).

4-1-BAL9 (8:29) #78 Starks is an eligible receiver B.Roethlisberger up the middle to BLT 7 for 2 yards (M.Kemoeatu; A.Weaver).

1-7-BAL7 (7:46) #78 Starks is an eligible receiver J.Bettis left guard to BLT 3 for 4 yards (E.Hartwell, J.Johnson).

2-3-BAL3 (7:10) #78 Starks is an eligible receiver J.Bettis left guard to BLT 2 for 1 yard (A.Weaver, E.Hartwell).

3-2-BAL2 (6:30) #78 Starks is an eligible receiver B.Roethlisberger pass to J.Tuman for 2 yards, TOUCHDOWN. PENALTY on BLT-T.Suggs, Roughing the Passer, 15 yards, enforced between downs. Penalty will be assessed on the kickoff (Roethlisberger shaken-up on the play.)

Here's a little poem I wrote, you might want to read it note for note:

RAVENS

Live from Heinz for an AFC North fight,

When these two teams do battle, they are never, ever polite;

The Ravens needed a win to keep their playoff hopes alive;

While the Steelers looked for homefield in their quest for # 5;

After a good Raven return, the Steelers ‘D’ stood tall,

Out came Zastadil to punt away the ball;

Big Ben comes out throwing, and the Ravens ‘D’ he dissects,

Then he throws a gorgeous 36 yard touchdown pass to Plex;

The Steelers wasted no time and got 7 on the O’s debut,

This was a different Steeler team, than the Ravens saw in Week 2;

But the Ravens fought right back, and began to move the ball,

Then they capped the drive with a touchdown from Jamal;

Through the uprights, the extra point was kicked,

And on the Steelers very next play, Ben’s pass was picked;

The Ravens needed to take advantage of this opportunity in the 1st Quarter,

But Harrison nailed Boller and the pass was intercepted by Porter;

Harrison beat Orlando Brown, who said the Steelers deserve no respect,

But the Ravens only have 8 wins, and the Steelers had 13 last I checked;

The Steelers drove the ball and picked up a 3 point lead,

As the offense stalled and settled for a field goal from Jeff Reed;

And there the score remained, as the half came to a close,

The coaches looked for weaknesses that their teams could expose;

The ‘O’ came out to make a statement that was both bold and strong,

Lewis said the Bus wouldn’t run, but Ray Ray sure was wrong;

Ray was getting run over, and through the defense our backs would roam,

The Ravens were being bowled right over by our big, bad Bus, Jerome;

The Steelers had run 12 straight and continue to plow,

The Ravens time is over, the Steelers time is now;

On the next play the Ratbirds showed they have no class,

As Big Ben gets a cheap shot after he threw the pass;

But the ball still ended up in Tuman’s hands as the Steelers added six,

The score was 17 for the Steelers, 7 for the convicts;

The Ravens once again proved they were a team full of thugs,

As a 15 yard penalty was called on the late hit by Suggs;

Roethlisberger was hurting, but you just can’t stop Big Ben,

He’ll get revenge in the future, as he beats the Ravens time and time again;

For the rest of the game the beating continued to be handed out,

The Steelers proved they were the class of the North, as if there was a doubt;

The score showed 20 to 7, but it wasn’t even close,

The Steelers got homefield, while the Ravens playoffs went adios;

What a great win for the Steelers, and the Super Bowl looks enticing,

Getting homefield was the cake, ruining the Ravens was the icing;

But the Steelers know it won’t be easy, to reach their final goal,

As we’ve got a feeling that Pittsburgh’s going to the Super Bowl;

The Steelers look amazing if I may be so blunt,

And for the 3rd time this year, Gardocki didn’t even punt;

The Steelers are 14-1 and all that can be said is Wow! ,

Now lets all get back to waving that terrible towel;

4 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

4 Members: Menudo, justin, Steeltown Dre, Big Red

On a lighter note, I think we've annoyed all non-Steeler and non-Raven fans away from this urination contest.... :D

That's laughable.  I'm posting info from the Baltimore Ravens and Baltimore Colts. 

880487[/snapback]

Stop right there - there is your problem. Two entirely different franchises, the Colts and the entire ownership/team/everyone left Baltimore. You can't claim titles from a franchise that is now operating in Indy, just because they previously operated in Baltimore.

This seems hard for you to understand, so perhaps this lesson will help:

Who should we believe, Big Red or the NFL? How about let's see what the NFL and the Ravens/Colts have to say.....

Go to the Indy colts site and read up on the team's history: http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=history

Towards the bottom:

"In more than 40 years of National Football League competition, the Colts have achieved a 322-339-7 record, including three World Championships and 10 Conference or Division titles. "

Now go to the Ravens site and read up on their history:

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/historyAndRecords.jsp

Notice how it only dates back to 1996? That is because YOUR RAVENS franchise history began in 1996. The Baltimore Colts are now the Indianapolis Colts and you don't get credit for their history. It is THEIR FRANCHISE HISTORY - and it belongs to the Colts franchise, not Baltimore.

Class is dismissed.