[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Woo Hoo ! Going to Opening Weekend

Menudo

Stop right there - there is your problem.  Two entirely different franchises, the Colts and the entire ownership/team/everyone left Baltimore.  You can't claim titles from a franchise that is now operating in Indy, just because they previously operated in Baltimore. 

This seems hard for you to understand, so perhaps this lesson will help:

Who should we believe, Big Red or the NFL?  How about let's see what the NFL and the Ravens/Colts have to say.....

Go to the Indy colts site and read up on the team's history:  http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=history

Towards the bottom: 

"In more than 40 years of National Football League competition, the Colts have achieved a 322-339-7 record, including three World Championships and 10 Conference or Division titles. "

Now go to the Ravens site and read up on their history:

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/historyAndRecords.jsp

Notice how it only dates back to 1996?  That is because YOUR RAVENS franchise history began in 1996.  The Baltimore Colts are now the Indianapolis Colts and you don't get credit for their history.  It is THEIR FRANCHISE HISTORY - and it belongs to the Colts franchise, not Baltimore.

Class is dismissed.

880536[/snapback]

:D

Steelers Schedule:

:D Monday, Oct. 31 RAVENS 9:00 p.m. (ABC) :D

:D Are you ready for some football ?!?

That is a lot later than we usually wait to play the Ratbirds. :D

Edited by Menudo

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop right there - there is your problem.  Two entirely different franchises, the Colts and the entire ownership/team/everyone left Baltimore.  You can't claim titles from a franchise that is now operating in Indy, just because they previously operated in Baltimore. 

This seems hard for you to understand, so perhaps this lesson will help:

Who should we believe, Big Red or the NFL?  How about let's see what the NFL and the Ravens/Colts have to say.....

Go to the Indy colts site and read up on the team's history:  http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=history

Towards the bottom: 

"In more than 40 years of National Football League competition, the Colts have achieved a 322-339-7 record, including three World Championships and 10 Conference or Division titles. "

Now go to the Ravens site and read up on their history:

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/historyAndRecords.jsp

Notice how it only dates back to 1996?  That is because YOUR RAVENS franchise history began in 1996.  The Baltimore Colts are now the Indianapolis Colts and you don't get credit for their history.  It is THEIR FRANCHISE HISTORY - and it belongs to the Colts franchise, not Baltimore.

Class is dismissed.

880536[/snapback]

OK, we're going to do the two franchise thing. Ask anyone about the Colts that won anything, they'll think Baltimore.

If you want to go that way, I could easily say that the Steelers glory days where in old Three Rivers, which was torn down. That would be as poor an arguement as your 'Colts don't count' garbage.

:D 

Steelers Schedule:

:D  Monday, Oct. 31  RAVENS  9:00 p.m. (ABC)  :D

:D Are you ready for some football ?!?

That is a lot later than we usually wait to play the Ratbirds.  :D

880548[/snapback]

I could post the line from the first game where Turnover Tommy gave us a few, Big Ben gave us a few and the Ravens won.

Yes, it is a lot later. I suspect they want the game to have a lot more meaning. Usually it's too early in the year for the first one to count. By the time the 2nd rolls around, one of us is in and the other is out, so there isn't as much tension.

MNF, where these two belong.

At least when we win this year, you'll get to say you lost to the eventual champs :D .

Edit to add: Let me know if you're going to the game, I'll come by and say hi.

Edited by Big Red

What would you rather have, a few divisional banners or one Lombardi Trophy that isn't so old it's rusting?

880146[/snapback]

I think Mike Webster traded that old rusted trophy for a new cardboard box and a few rocks of crack. Yoi!

I think Mike Webster traded that old rusted trophy for a new cardboard box and a few rocks of crack. Yoi!

880986[/snapback]

Mike Webster is dead.

OK, we're going to do the two franchise thing.  Ask anyone about the Colts that won anything, they'll think Baltimore. 

If you want to go that way, I could easily say that the Steelers glory days where in old Three Rivers, which was torn down.  That would be as poor an arguement as your 'Colts don't count' garbage.

880836[/snapback]

Dude, you're reaching here. Two seperate franchises and you are comparing it to the same franchise playing in a different stadium. :D Worst comparison ever. :D The fact is, if you are a die-hard Colts fan, you root for the "Indianapolis Colts", as that is where that franchise went. The Baltimore Ravens franchise is a completely different one than the Colts. You really can't take credit for both franchises, they are seperate. I don't see how it is that hard to understand. :D

Dude, you're reaching here.  Two seperate franchises and you are comparing it to the same franchise playing in a different stadium.  :D  Worst comparison ever.  :D  The fact is, if you are a die-hard Colts fan, you root for the "Indianapolis Colts", as that is where that franchise went.  The Baltimore Ravens franchise is a completely different one than the Colts.  You really can't take credit for both franchises, they are seperate.  I don't see how it is that hard to understand.  :D

881054[/snapback]

If you where a die hard Colts fan, the move pissed you off. NO ONE followed them to Indy. Then Indy fans didn't follow them before they found out about the move. Baltimore citizens where old Colts fans, and became Ravens fans when we got that team. Why some momotrons think that Colts fans followed the team to Indy, I'll never understand. One city, one fan base, two seperate teams.

Why you can't understand why we are attached to both teams is beyond stupid. My Aunt had Colts season tickets, and upon the Ravens return, was given the same tickets for the Ravens. Many, many Ravens season tix holders where also Colts tix holders. How many Indy season tix holders where season tix holders before 1984? I guess if the colors aren't the same, you just get confused. At least we can agree that the colors where left in Cleveland not only because they where ugly and we didn not want them, but because if they changed, Clevelanders would get confused and throw plastic beer bottles on the field in protest.

Pittsburgh has been lucky to not only avoid not having a set of retarded owners (Rosenbloom, Irsay), but also to have a top owner. Until the current owner took over, you had us all over on that one, and we'll never have it on length of ownership on you guys.

I get the feeling that whoever wins a sigline bet between a Ravens and Steelers member this year will dig up this thread for some fun quotes.

Edited by Big Red

If you where a die hard Colts fan, the move pissed you off.  NO ONE followed them to Indy.  Then Indy fans didn't follow them before they found out about the move.  Baltimore citizens where old Colts fans, and became Ravens fans when we got that team.  Why some momotrons think that Colts fans followed the team to Indy, I'll never understand.  One city, one fan base, two seperate teams. 

Why you can't understand why we are attached to both teams is beyond stupid.  My Aunt had Colts season tickets, and upon the Ravens return, was given the same tickets for the Ravens.  Many, many Ravens season tix holders where also Colts tix holders.  How many Indy season tix holders where season tix holders before 1984?  I guess if the colors aren't the same, you just get confused.  At least we can agree that the colors where left in Cleveland not only because they where ugly and we didn not want them, but because if they changed, Clevelanders would get confused and throw plastic beer bottles on the field in protest.

Pittsburgh has been lucky to not only avoid not having a set of retarded owners (Rosenbloom, Irsay), but also to have a top owner.  Until the current owner took over, you had us all over on that one, and we'll never have it on length of ownership on you guys.

I get the feeling that whoever wins a sigline bet between a Ravens and Steelers member this year will dig up this thread for some fun quotes.

881086[/snapback]

All of that is great, but they are still two seperate franchises, with two seperate records. It's not that hard :D

Hmmm...let me count all the Steeler Super Bowl Trophies...1, 2, 3, 4. Old or new, I'll take my four over the Birds' one. :D

On the other hand, I like what the Ravens did as far as gathering talent this season. They did a good job there, no doubt about it. I love to hate them--but I can also admit when a team has done a good job of preparing for the upcoming season.

It's up to Boller now. If he sucks the hind teat again, the Ravens are going to struggle. Can't keep winning with FGs and defensive masterpieces forever. Advice--next draft, get a QB from Western PA. The numbers don't lie and neither does the Hall of Fame. :D

Edited by Ruffian

i recommend Filthy Mcnasty's after heading to 'Club Erotica' in the Steel District (trust me on this one, best strip club around P-town hands down---

879594[/snapback]

Not sure what the "Steel" District you're referring to, but Filthy McNasy's is closed. It has been for over a year.

Not sure what the "Steel" District you're referring to, but Filthy McNasy's is closed.  It has been for over a year.

882014[/snapback]

Go to The Edison for chicks (Club Ed...LOL). Always a nice choice. And the bar I recommend in Pittsburgh is Jack's. Crowded, but good prices and fine ladies. Tequila Willie's is a good spot as well.

I concur with Runner--it's the Strip District. :D

Go to The Edison for chicks (Club Ed...LOL). Always a nice choice. And the bar I recommend in Pittsburgh is Jack's. Crowded, but good prices and fine ladies. Tequila Willie's is a good spot as well.

I concur with Runner--it's the Strip District.  :D

882391[/snapback]

Good recomendations from Ruffian. Personally Jack's gets too crowded for me to tolerate (atleast now that I am getting old). It is like cramming 500 people into a living room. Bar 11 was always a good time in the South Side. Tequila Willie's is a good time too. I also like the Loft in Sports Rock. You could see some decent local bands there and there are usually some good drink specials.

Good recomendations from Ruffian.  Personally Jack's gets too crowded for me to tolerate (atleast now that I am getting old).  It is like cramming 500 people into a living room.  Bar 11 was always a good time in the South Side.  Tequila Willie's is a good time too.  I also like the Loft in Sports Rock.  You could see some decent local bands there and there are usually some good drink specials.

882658[/snapback]

Bar 11 is a premium site for fine ladies.

Okay.  I guess the old Baltimore Colts players have it wrong then.

883093[/snapback]

No, I'm pretty sure they realize that the organization they played for is now located in Indianapolois. If it is only based on location, do the Jets get to claim the Giants records ??? :D

Big Red, Menudo, this is the second thread I have looked at today that you guys have highjacked. Either get your own thread and duke it out or get a room..... :D

881935[/snapback]

I concur with you on the first one, but I started this thread, so I reserve the right to change its direction.... :D

Edited by Menudo

Okay.  I guess the old Baltimore Colts players have it wrong then.

883093[/snapback]

I guess you guys won the Brownies a Super Bowl then huh? Or does it not count that time because the name changed? ... Either way your argument is SCREWED!

Edited by 1stimer