[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Derrick Alexander?

Chief Dick

From the KC Star this morning. I wonder if Alexander knows the fans in KC think he sucked. Unbelievable. :D:D:D

RECEIVER RETURNS, THEN RETIRES

Chief for another day

Team lets Alexander go out as KC player

By ADAM TEICHER The Kansas City Star

When a player signs a contract so he can retire as a member of a certain team, it’s usually because he is a franchise icon — like Emmitt Smith with Dallas or Tim Brown with Oakland.

The Chiefs took time Friday to bestow that honor on … Derrick Alexander?

Alexander, a wide receiver, was neither a superstar nor wildly popular with the Arrowhead Stadium masses. He had one big season for the Chiefs in 2000 when he caught 78 passes for a team-record 1,391 yards and 10 touchdowns and was chosen team MVP.

His three other Chiefs seasons were, at best, average. He was released by the Chiefs following the 2001 season after he caught 27 passes for a team starving for competent receivers.

“The Chiefs and Kansas City have been very good to me,” Alexander said in a statement released by the Chiefs. “The Chiefs were the team that I was with the longest and we love the area, so it just made sense to retire here.

“Kansas City is a nice place with nice people and good schools. I have a lot of great memories of playing at Arrowhead and will never forget how exciting it was just driving into the parking lot on Sundays and seeing all the fans in red, ready to cheer us on.”

Alexander finished his playing career in 2002 with Minnesota. He returned to live in the Kansas City area, where he owns a computer repair franchise.

Before joining the Chiefs, Alexander played two seasons in Cleveland and two in Baltimore.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alexander is reason number 1 as to why receivers shouldn't be considered punks for wearing braces. Dude's got a nasty gapper. Moss fixes his teeth and he's a punk.

Let's be fair. The dude sucked as a receiver but teams kept flashing the money to him to play on their teams. Well, at least the Vikings did.

Edited by MikesVikes

So, he's been out of the league since 2002, and he decides NOW to come back to 'retire' as a Chief? And, somehow, Carl Peterson decided this was a worthwhile use of his time?

Crimeny... :D

So, he's been out of the league since 2002, and he decides NOW to come back to 'retire' as a Chief?  And, somehow, Carl Peterson decided this was a worthwhile use of his time?

Crimeny... :D

892495[/snapback]

This is Carl we are talking about here :D

God Bless Alexander...ho hum....pass the dip...Alexander was never on one of my teams....and never missed him!! :D

891971[/snapback]

Helped me to a title in '00.

But aside from that season, he was pretty worthless for the bulk of his career.

So ya think Carl Peterson will give Kennison the same consideration? :D