[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ESPN NATION POLL

wildcat2334

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My team is the Bears.  And what makes you so sure that 3/4 of Americans saw the game differently?  Like I've been saying, all these polls and such are skewed because only people who have the motivation to vote actually do the voting.  The huddle poll you posted shows only 59% think the game was unfair.  That is way less than 3/4, hell it's even less than 2/3 and barely over half.  Basically, the only people speaking out are people who are upset which makes it appear to be everyone.  However, people who don't think it was that unfair probably aren't saying much because a. they don't need to and b. they know people will jump down their throats.  I am speaking up because it is my duty in life to make sure you humans try to see everthing from all angles and think individually.

1309889[/snapback]

Brent, I had no money on the game. I quit betting on the NFL a long time ago, and officiating was one of the main reasons. I'm a Cowboy's fan. So I have no vested interest in this, other than being a fan of what used to be the greatest professional sport in the world. When the game started, I was rooting for the Steelers, because I wanted the Bus to get a ring. I think he and Ward, and even Coach Spitter deserve it. By 1/2 way through the 2nd quater I started rooting for the Seahawks because the refs were shafting them.

Yeah.  So you didn't see parts of the game, but you think it was called fairly.  Got it.

1309926[/snapback]

So you're fishing for an argument because you have no life. Got it. I saw the whole game and I don't recall that play. But of the game changing plays where TDs were scored or weren't, I didn't see anything blatantly wrong. If you're talking about a holding penalty, give up. How many holding penalties go uncalled in a game? You gotta be kidding me. :D:D:D

So you're fishing for an argument because you have no life. Got it.  I saw the whole game and I don't recall that play.  But of the game changing plays where TDs were scored or weren't, I didn't see anything blatantly wrong.  If you're talking about a holding penalty, give up.  How many holding penalties go uncalled in a game?  You gotta be kidding me.  :D  :D  :D

1309940[/snapback]

Did you catch the replay of the holding call that brought back the Stephens catch to the two yard line? Did you see the Steelers were offsides on the next two plays?

So you're fishing for an argument because you have no life. Got it.  I saw the whole game and I don't recall that play.  But of the game changing plays where TDs were scored or weren't, I didn't see anything blatantly wrong.  If you're talking about a holding penalty, give up.  How many holding penalties go uncalled in a game?  You gotta be kidding me.  :D  :D  :D

1309940[/snapback]

I don't understand why someone would acuse Hook of crying?

Did you catch the replay of the holding call that brought back the Stephens catch to the two yard line?  Did you see the Steelers were offsides on the next two plays?

1309944[/snapback]

Yeah, the consistant offsides by Pitt was my biggest problem with the calling of that game. it was more than just those 2 straight offsides. they were doing it all game. I commentated here at my house over and over again and waited the whole game for them to call 1..that never happened.

I always thought that Seattle had a excellent offensive line but after that game I had even more respect for them. despite them getting a head start to the QB who knows how many times they still did a good job defending their QB.

Yeah, the consistant offsides by Pitt was my biggest problem with the calling of that game. it was more than just those 2 straight offsides. they were doing it all game. I commentated here at my house over and over again and waited the whole game for them to call 1..that never happened.

I always thought that Seattle had a excellent offensive line but after that game I had even more respect for them. despite them getting a head start to the QB who knows how many times they still did a good job defending their QB.

1309967[/snapback]

OK, I did not notice consistent offsides. If what you say is true, and I believe you, then there is some justification for all the whining today. However, my comments were in reply to the TDs by Big Ben and D-jax that everyone seems to be whining about because those are the obvious game-changers.

OK, now that's pretty funny based on all the whining today. :D

1309988[/snapback]

:D

On that note. I'm out for a while. Thanks to Hook for some advice and to Skylive on the phone, I'm happy my team made it to the big dance. They underperformed for mysterious reasons. Pittsburg has the title. I congratulate them. The NFL has a problem. I hope they fix it.

OK, I did not notice consistent offsides.  If what you say is true, and I believe you, then there is some justification for all the whining today.  However, my comments were in reply to the TDs by Big Ben and D-jax that everyone seems to be whining about because those are the obvious game-changers.

1309987[/snapback]

Unfortunately it appears you took your smoke break when it got really bad. I agree, I thought Ben scored. And the PI against Jax, while ticky tack I can see. BUT there was a horrible holding call as Seattle is driving to take the lead that calls back a completion to the two yard line. Then the line judges go blind allowing 2 straight offsides that result in sacks and an INT. Then on the INT Hass tackles the interceptor, but is mysteriously called for an illegal low block. HUH? That gives the Steelers the ball at midfield. Horrible. I just can't fathom how you didn't think there were bad calls. Even Steelers homers Skippy and Menudo think the officiating was bad. I just don't see how you couldn't either.

OK, I did not notice consistent offsides.  If what you say is true, and I believe you, then there is some justification for all the whining today.  However, my comments were in reply to the TDs by Big Ben and D-jax that everyone seems to be whining about because those are the obvious game-changers.

1309987[/snapback]

Naw- maybe to some- to me this biggest by far was the Locklear hold. Sea would have been at the 1- punch it in- go up 17-14, have a nice litte lead. Instead, Sea gets pushed back , turns it over followed by the bogus call on Hass- and BINGO the long pass to Ward- 21-10 ball game. How anyone can think these did not have an effect on the outcome is psychotic, or bleeds Steeler yellow, or goes on smoke breaks with Brent..........

1309987[/snapback]

I semi agree with you on those..I have no problem with the Roeth TD except that the ref STARTED to call him down at the 1 and then for some odd reason went to TD.

And I also thought that the interference call on Jackson WAS interference. my only problem with that was that the call was inconsistant with what they had been calling.

It was the Holding and offsides and delay of game and the Hasslebeck tackle that were called or not called that concern me.

Unfortunately it appears you took your smoke break when it got really bad.  I agree, I thought Ben scored.  And the PI against Jax, while ticky tack I can see.  BUT there was a horrible holding call as Seattle is driving to take the lead that calls back a completion to the two yard line.  Then the line judges go blind allowing 2 straight offsides that result in sacks and an INT.  Then on the INT Hass tackles the interceptor, but is mysteriously called for an illegal low block.  HUH?  That gives the Steelers the ball at midfield.  Horrible.  I just can't fathom how you didn't think there were bad calls.  Even Steelers homers Skippy and Menudo think the officiating was bad.  I just don't see how you couldn't either.

1310002[/snapback]

Ok, at least now we're closer to being on the same page. Like I said, my comments were solely based on the TDs by ben and djax.

Apparently I did miss the most crucial officiating blunders. That's one reason I hate going to SB parties because I like to watch football. Unfortunately, when you're with a big group, there's more talking than watching. Based on what you said here and what Doc said, and I believe you guys especially since you agree with the TD calls, I'll reside to the fact that there may have been some bad calls. I really wish I coulda seen them myself though.

All that being said, Seattle didn't do enough to win. IMO, they played a better first half yet they were down 7-3. When you have 22 guys on the field at the same time and only 4 refs, bad calls or missed calls are bound to be made. Holding could probably be called on every down. Missing blatant offsides calls like you mentioned, however, is inexcusable. Hopefully I can see some replays throughout the week.

So I have no vested interest in this, other than being a fan of what used to be the greatest professional sport in the world.  When the game started, I was rooting for the Steelers, because I wanted the Bus to get a ring.  I think he and Ward, and even Coach Spitter deserve it.  By 1/2 way through the 2nd quater I started rooting for the Seahawks because the refs were shafting them.

1309930[/snapback]

This mirrors me from yesterday.

Like I've said many times, I completely understand the Seahawks anger. All the calls went the Steelers way, there is no denying it. However, I do have a problem when some, not all, insinuate that the Seahawks would have won the game if not for the bad calls. No one knows that. The sad thing is we might have missed out on a solid finish. I'm of the opinion that the Steelers win regardless, so the officiating has me annoyed as well, because it is taking away from what my team has accomplished. All that said, everyone has been heard over and over again, and I think the classy thing to do is congratulate the Steelers and move on. What's done is done.

All that said, everyone has been heard over and over again, and I think the classy thing to do is congratulate the Steelers and move on.  What's done is done.

1310077[/snapback]

Sit down and take out your pencils, everyone...

Menudo is about to give us a lesson on classiness.

:D:D

Like I've said many times, I completely understand the Seahawks anger.  All the calls went the Steelers way, there is no denying it.  However, I do have a problem when some, not all, insinuate that the Seahawks would have won the game if not for the bad calls.  No one knows that.  The sad thing is we might have missed out on a solid finish.  I'm of the opinion that the Steelers win regardless, so the officiating has me annoyed as well, because it is taking away from what my team has accomplished.  All that said, everyone has been heard over and over again, and I think the classy thing to do is congratulate the Steelers and move on.  What's done is done.

1310077[/snapback]

Menudo- enough, I do not think you get it. This is not "Seahawks anger" this is an intergrity of the NFL issue, which is becoming suspect at best. I have already congratulated Steeler fans- take the IC hangover out of your eyes and the terrible towel out of your ass- Don't let it take away from the game- time will erase all this stuff- CONGRATULATIONS...... again....... :D I would feel the as strongly no matter who played- and I did feel this strongly in the Indy/Pitt game- for YOUR STEELERS. This is a nation wide thing, not just Seattle fans whining-

Menudo- enough, I do not think you get it. This is not "Seahawks anger" this is an intergrity of the  NFL issue, which is becoming suspect at best.  I have already congratulated Steeler fans- take the IC hangover out of your eyes and the terrible towel out of your ass- Don't let it take away from the game- time will erase all this stuff-  CONGRATULATIONS...... again....... :D  I would feel the as strongly no matter who played- and I did feel this strongly in the Indy/Pitt game- for YOUR STEELERS. This is a nation wide thing, not just Seattle fans whining-

1310105[/snapback]

O.k. I understand, and thanks for the Congrats.