[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OT: RIP Kirby Puckett

drafter

Kirby was the face of Minnesota baseball. He helped bring us 2 World Championships. The 1987 World Series brought life to Minnesota, especially after 4 Super Bowl Loses and 1 Stanley Cup finals loss.

Kirby was a boy in a mans body playing a boys game. He will always be my favorite baseball player.

This guy truly embodied pride and competition in Minnesota. He had his share of personal problems (which all of us do) and still he was hands down the most beloved sports icon in Minnesota's history!

FYI... the stats are wrong, he was actually 45 years old (just about a week or two shy of his 46th birthday). The Twins organization has always had that wrong, and Kirby just never bothered to have them change it. It's correct at the HOF though.

RIP Kirby.

I once saw him in batting practice at Royals Stadium (Kauffman now) hit three consecutive pitches off the base of the scoreboard. FWIW I had never seen anyone do that and haven't since. My dad and I thought that was special. I will always remember that.

Thanks for the memories #34! :D

I am a hugh Brewer fan and loved Kirby Puckett. Saw him play many times at County Stadium and he was a true Brewer killer. I fondly remember him going 4-5, 5-5, 6-6, etc... and just killing the Brewers. Everyone respected him in Milwaukee despite he alone beat the Brewers many times.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family/friends.

It is a sad day indeed.

Read several local papers here that some of his teammates said his weight was a concern for his health but Puck just did things his way and wouldn't listen to them about the hazards.

We will really miss you Kirby.

Puck you are the man! :D

Edited by dfv87