[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hutchinson in Minnesota tonight

CaP'N GRuNGe

yeah I also heard John Clayton mention it in on his radio show. Either way I think the Seahawks are in a pretty good position. They are allowing someone else to dictate his market. If he's simply given a reasonable offer, the Seahawks gladly match, have a nice day. If he's given big time, like almost tackle money, the Seahawks can choose to decide that they just can't pay a guard that much money. If all else fails, they can save money, and still be able to start last season's first round pick (Spencer) in his place.

yeah I also heard John Clayton mention it in on his radio show.  Either way I think the Seahawks are in a pretty good position.  They are allowing someone else to dictate his market.  If he's simply given a reasonable offer, the Seahawks gladly match, have a nice day.  If he's given big time, like almost tackle money, the Seahawks can choose to decide that they just can't pay a guard that much money.  If all else fails, they can save money, and still be able to start last season's first round pick (Spencer) in his place.

1364801[/snapback]

Uh, Spencer is slated to replace Gray. Hutchinson gives the Seahawks the best left side in the NFL for the rest of the decade. There is no option but to sign him.

Uh, Spencer is slated to replace Gray. Hutchinson gives the Seahawks the best left side in the NFL for the rest of the decade. There is no option but to sign him.

1364818[/snapback]

Even if the Vikes overpay for him? Will Seattle match it?

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1364959[/snapback]

What do all those !'s mean? You can't put any more emphasis on a statement by place more !'s on it.

Hmmmm.... what could that no mean? :D

Does this mean you don't want Seattle to match? Does this mean that you want him to go to your team? Are you anti-viking? Are you anti-Seattle?

Hmmm.... :D

I wouldn't be surprised if the Vikes offer him Tackle type money...

1364992[/snapback]

Seattle has lost too many people already. Unless the Vikings offer something like the GNP of a medium country I don't see them letting him go.

You can't pay people like Hass and Alex the money you do and not protect them with the people that have consistantly let them do what they do best.

Seattle has lost too many people already. Unless the Vikings offer something like the GNP of a medium country I don't see them letting him go.

You can't pay people like Hass and Alex the money you do and not protect them with the people that have consistantly let them do what they do best.

1365000[/snapback]

I agree. After the signings yesterday, I think we have two million more than Seattle. I ddon't think they will blow it all...They still have to be reasonable about it.

1365000[/snapback]

Agreed as well. With the salary cap going up each yr. You do just like Browns did. Youth get 6 yr contracts and dont think about it anymore or maybe 8. Because in about 2 or 3 yrs that will be cheap money for players of their caliber.

What do all those !'s mean? You can't put any more emphasis on a statement by place more !'s on it.

Hmmmm.... what could that no mean?  :D

Does this mean you don't want Seattle to match? Does this mean that you want him to go to your team? Are you anti-viking? Are you anti-Seattle?

Hmmm....  :D

1364988[/snapback]

I'm on the phone with Red Shoes right now and he wanted me to let you know that this is none of your concern.

Agreed as well.  With the salary cap going up each yr.  You do just like Browns did.  Youth get 6 yr contracts and dont think about it anymore or maybe 8.  Because in about 2 or 3 yrs that will be cheap money for players of their caliber.

1365040[/snapback]

And then they will want new contracts after 2-3 years.

Yes.

1364956[/snapback]

They could have franchised him. I wonder if they would have been better off doing it. Other teams probably know they will match most offers. I wonder if someone will try and bid them up.

Interesting.

And then they will want new contracts after 2-3 years.

1365083[/snapback]

FIRST! Nice Avartar!

Second. As GM they dont have to rework the deal in 2-3 yrs if they dont want to so they will have the upper hand their. But then again they might. But its about now.

Yes.

1364956[/snapback]

Not necesarily. If the contract is in the range of Bentleys, aka 5 yrs for 35 mil with a 12-14 million signing bonus, I don't see the Hawks matching it. I love Hutch, he's my fav offensive player on the team, but he is a guard. Best in the league most likely, but Ruskell will not overpay for a guard, even of Hutch's talent. He won't put the team's cap at risk, like Whitsett did before him.

Vikes just have the money and need to spend it. They can always franchise him later, maybe get him to renegociate his monster contract in due time. But the Vikes need to get this guy with the kind of money they got.

Maybe the Vikes will front load Hutch's contract like Winfield accepted? It's a good strategy to keep a player for the length of the contract and they have the cap space to do again. Players don't mind collecting a monster paycheck right now.

Alexander took too big of a peice of the pie

1365205[/snapback]

I was just thinking the same thing. The Hawks might not be able to match the offer if it is too large. We'll see just how much this kid is really worth.

:D

1365486[/snapback]

Yep. Appears that they offered that GNP of the medium sized country I was talking about. Hopefully Seattle will let Minn bury itself.

Throwing money around like a drunken sailor and not thinking about the fact they have no QB. Gotta love it.

Yep. Appears that they offered that GNP of the medium sized country I was talking about. Hopefully Seattle will let Minn bury itself.

Throwing money around like a drunken sailor and not thinking about the fact they have no QB. Gotta love it.

1365520[/snapback]

They do have a QB...... he even has a ring.

:D