[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Packer FA Tidbits

Guest Sores

Guest Sores

Packers will have Cleveland LB Ben Taylor in for a visit.....in a week.

Mike Vanderjagt's agent talked with the Packers and thinks they are interested.

Paul Edinger wants to play in GB

Grady Jackson still doesn't have a visit lined up. However, he said his agent has been contacted by five teams. . . .

Miami and Minnesota have shown interest in former Green Bay linebacker Na'il Diggs.

The Vikings had Craig Nall and William Henderson in today and look to make them both offers, though Nall has at least 2 other visits planned to unspecified teams.

Packers will have Cleveland LB Ben Taylor in for a visit.....in a week.

Mike Vanderjagt's agent talked with the Packers and thinks they are interested.

Paul Edinger wants to play in GB

Grady Jackson still doesn't have a visit lined up. However, he said his agent has been contacted by five teams. . . .

Miami and Minnesota have shown interest in former Green Bay linebacker Na'il Diggs.

The Vikings had Craig Nall and William Henderson in today and look to make them both offers, though Nall has at least 2 other visits planned to unspecified teams.

1366017[/snapback]

What's the lowdown on Nall? Can he be a decent #2 or is he more of a #3 QB?

Is Edinger trying to play for every NFC North team?

I remember watching Nall during the preseason and thought that he looked pretty solid and he could play. I'd take him as a No. 2. That's just going off of watching a couple of series of him here and there.

Ryan Pickett visited on Saturday too. He's pretty quick off the line and we could use a powerful DT whether Jackson stays or not.

1366071[/snapback]

he is visiting quite a few teams...so take it for what its worth

Is Edinger trying to play for every NFC North team?

I remember watching Nall during the preseason and thought that he looked pretty solid and he could play. I'd take him as a No. 2. That's just going off of watching a couple of series of him here and there.

1366060[/snapback]

He lookied solid at times and then looked terrible other times. He is a project and I would make him the number 3.

"Agent Robert Lattinville took a call from Packers director of pro personnel Reggie McKenzie on Saturday expressing interest in his client. However, with GM Ted Thompson, McKenzie and others unavailable this week, the Packers won't have Taylor in until next Sunday and Monday."

Are they on vacation or visiting other teams? What are they out of touch until next week?

Edited by Randall

He lookied solid at times and then looked terrible other times. He is a project and I would make him the number 3.

"Agent Robert Lattinville took a call from Packers director of pro personnel Reggie McKenzie on Saturday expressing interest in his client. However, with GM Ted Thompson, McKenzie and others unavailable this week, the Packers won't have Taylor in until next Sunday and Monday."

Are they on vacation or visiting other teams? What are they out of touch until next week?

1366258[/snapback]

I read an article that said much of the scouting department was attending timing days for draft prospects.

I read an article that said much of the scouting department was attending timing days for draft prospects.

1366288[/snapback]

OK That makes sense but they do have cell phones and laptops. A lot of pro days.

This is an important time, but perhaps they are waiting for the big deals to be done before making moves. I hope they are staying in touch with free agents though.

Yeah, is anything going down with this guy yet in free agency?  I am really curious about where he might end up...

1366306[/snapback]

I haven't heard anything.

Edited by Randall

Guest Sores

If Nall went to Minnesota he would be #2 (presuming Cpep is gone). The backup to Brad Johnson is JT O'Sullivan (remember him Packer fans?).

I honestly believe Nall could start as a #2 and end up like a Delhomme. I really respect Nall and he should have been the heir to Favre.

I can't find a list of FA kickers, other than Vinatieri and Edinger. I also don't see a K listed in the top 200 of the draft either, but I'm sure we'll now take one in the 3rd round (Bret Conway)... :D

Henderson?  It would be sad if he goes to the Vikes.  He has to be one of my favorite Packers from the past 20 years.

1366644[/snapback]

Absolutely. He loves to block and is great catching passes out of the backfield. I hope he retires a Packer.

Yeah I read that story.  Good stuff.

I was kinda looking for something more recent however...

1367119[/snapback]

Yeah, latest news I have on that guy is that there IS no news on him. He'll probably sign somewhere other than Green Bay, and will almost certainly be relegated to a backup spot no matter where he signs.