[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Back to the scene of the crime

NoSupe4You

Actually I agree he pushed off.  Of course that was after the defender had hands on him 3 times:

1) Grab Jacksons jersey as he makes his first break infront of the goal line

2) Before the hand releases the jersey, he grabs Jackon's upper arm

3) Before Jackson pushes off (which I do not beleive gained him anything) the defender extended his arms and contacted his left shoulder.

At worst it should have been off setting penalties.  I beleive the proper thing to do would have been no call.

1407505[/snapback]

Don't take this the wrong way Supe because I don't know you but seriously, it's time to let it go. The game is way over and pretty much we all know that there was some issue with the officals. All the complaining isn't going to change the fact that the steelers won. Doesn't matter.

And steelers fan, there is really no point in rubbing it in to seahawk fans. You won. enjoy it and look forward to next year.

This whole super bowl b1tching fest is soooooo done that i'd rather have a conversation with my wife than see the threads.

I'm washing my hands of this whole topic. There are better things to do than b1tch about the game months after it is over.

You dont' hear me screaming injustice about the Bucs/skins game (the one where alstott snuck that crap into the endzone during the reg. season. (but we all know the skins won that game d@mn it.) sorry had to sneak that one in.

Edited by cliaz

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Which crime ?

Your big-mouthed TE dropping 5 passes ?

Your defense allowing a record-breaking TD run ?

Your QB throwing an interception at a crucial moment ?

Your team's inability to manage the clock ?

Your defense allowing the same trick-play to work that was used just a few

weeks earlier?

Oh, nice :D in your sig.  You are sinking down to Bushwacked's level.  Congrats.

P.S.  :houseofpain: 'cause we've got five and you ain't got none'  :houseofpain:

1407245[/snapback]

Probably that wild ass holding call on the Stevens catch in the 4th.

Pope, I agree Jackson pushed-off and that was no TD. That holding thing was pretty bad, IMHO.

Probably that wild ass holding call on the Stevens catch in the 4th.

Pope, I agree Jackson pushed-off and that was no TD.  That holding thing was pretty bad, IMHO.

1407905[/snapback]

Watch it again. He has his arm hooked. Officials are going to see that everytime. The only reason people went nuts about this, is because of Madden's statement. It was clearly holding. Next.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpkgpnAtxPA...elers%20Holding

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgiK1hMsaYM...Bowl%20Official

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv7xP9WjfgA...Bowl%20Official

Edited by Menudo

Menudo - try a little restraint my man.  You've been doing very well recently.  :D

1407926[/snapback]

Just responding to the comments. I'm not starting anything. :D

Just responding to the comments.  I'm not starting anything.  :D

1407932[/snapback]

True, but I did think it was a clever way to for NoSupe4U to point out the Seahawks were going to lose another game at Ford Field in 5 months. :D

That is explained in my 2nd video above.

Edited by Menudo

He says the defender can't hold him but can put his hands on him.  The defender held him twice... once by the jersey once by the arm.

1408029[/snapback]

He gave a great explanation with visual evidence, but it still isn't good enough for you, is it ? Jackson was never close to being held, the contact was allowed because Hasselbeck broke the pocket, and Jackson clearly pushed off.

Edited by Menudo

He gave a great explanation with visual evidence, but it still isn't good enough for you, is it ?  Jackson was never close to being held, the contact was allowed because Hasselbeck broke the pocket, and Jackson clearly pushed off.

1408038[/snapback]

He talked only about the contact in the endzone, he didn't address the hand full of jersey or arm before they got in. Listen to him again, he says contact in the endzone.

Though I can see why he missed that... he was to busy looking at Hasselbeck to make sure he was out of the pocket :D

Edited by NoSupe4You

He talked only about the contact in the endzone, he didn't address the hand full of jersey or arm before they got in.  Listen to him again, he says contact in the endzone.

Though I can see why he missed that... he was to busy looking at Hasselbeck to make sure he was out of the pocket  :D

1408074[/snapback]

:D No matter what you see or hear, you are just going to keep :D ,so, there is no point in arguing any further. I'll stop again, at least for a while.

Check out the sig, learn to live with it !!!!

I

I

\ I /

\I/

Edited by Menudo

:D  No matter what you see or hear, you are just going to keep :D  ,so, there is no point in arguing any further.  I'll stop again, at least for a while.

Check out the sig, learn to live with it !!!!

I

I

\  I  /

\I/     

1408138[/snapback]

Never begrudged the Steelers their championship. They did what they needed to do to win. Also about as over the situation as I will get. More I just enjoy seeing you Steelers fans get worked up over it. :D

More I just enjoy seeing you Steelers fans get worked up over it.  :D

1408150[/snapback]

It's all good. :D

Lets get a replay and settle this down in Miami next February...... :D

Watch it again.  He has his arm hooked.  Officials are going to see that everytime.  The only reason people went nuts about this, is because of Madden's statement.  It was clearly holding.  Next.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpkgpnAtxPA...elers%20Holding

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgiK1hMsaYM...Bowl%20Official

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv7xP9WjfgA...Bowl%20Official

1407919[/snapback]

You are wrong. It's OK by me as I have no affinity for either team and I'm not sure the Steelers wouldn't have won even if you give Stevens the catch. But it wasn't holding.

You are wrong.  It's OK by me as I have no affinity for either team and I'm not sure the Steelers wouldn't have won even if you give Stevens the catch.  But it wasn't holding.

1408179[/snapback]

I know, I said I wouldn't say anything. Can't help myself :D Did you watch the videos above, or are you just going from memory from the game ? He had Haggans arm hooked, Haggans was past him, and he pulled him back. That is holding.

What's that nose tackle doing lined-up on top of the football, anyway? Isn't that illegal, or something like that?? :D

1408203[/snapback]

Yeah something like that. Officials must have been keeping their eyes closed to rest them so as to be sure not to miss any holding.

Yeah something like that.  Officials must have been keeping their eyes closed to rest them so as to be sure not to miss any holding.

1408209[/snapback]

:D I hate to be another instigator here but if any of you huddlers out there have ever played football back in your high school (or possibly even college years :D) and on the offensive or defensive line you would know that almost every single play there could be a possible holding call. That's what happens when you're fighting in the trenches, and especially during the heat of a huge game. I find if very interesting that most of the horrible calls that were against the Seahawks just so happened to be in the Red Zone or endzone itself.

But then when the Steelers are on the endzone and good guy Roethlisberger slams into a brick wall before getting the TD the ref decides to change his mind about the play and call it a TD several seconds after the play ended--not just a second or two, but several. Ben Roethlisberger even went to the sideline and told his coach that it was not a TD. Yet somehow the refs decided to close their eyes again during the review of the play so that they could be nice and rested to call some more holding penalties against the Seahawks. Good job refs, thanks for making a possible great game into a dud. This issue about the horrible officiating isn't an ongoing issue for nothing, it was actually that bad.

When you have accomplished as much as Miles Davis has, then, you can talk in the 3rd person like Miles Davis does.  Miles Davis doesn't have to answer to you, but, Miles Davis is simply being polite.  You should be thankful that Miles Davis even took the time out of Miles Davis' busy schedule to acknowledge your existence !!!  Miles Davis is getting upset !!!!!!

1407494[/snapback]

:D

female spray cleanser