[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Huddle's Top Ten RB's

DMD

Is Domanick Davis not being considered in these rankings because of his being injury-prone. I can completely understand that, but, I think in a point-per-reception league, DD could be a steal.

If I remember correctly, DD finished 4th in our PPR league just two years ago.

Edited by Menudo

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Domanick Davis not being considered in these rankings because of his being injury-prone. I can completely understand that, but, I think in a point-per-reception league, DD could be a steal.

If I remember correctly, DD finished 4th in our PPR league just two years ago.

Yes, he came in 4th in 2004 and also 18th in 2005. His durability is an issue to be sure but he would be showing up pretty quickly all things considered.

I should have added that he was also the #8 back in 2004.

The guy's been a top 10 2 years running. What have the other guys done?

I'm in the group that doesn't like to play hunches with my first round pick. I'm not saying that one of those guys won't outscore him. All three might outscore him. But if I am betting money on my team, I'll take the guy I have seen be a top 10 RB 2 seasons running, and the #20 back in 2003 after sitting behind Dillon for the first 5 or 6 games.

Good points here...

Jordan better down the stretch? Did not look it to me.

Here is what he did rushing last year:

1 @NE 	18-702 KC 	15-59 (1 TD)3 @PHI 	16-194 DAL 	26-126 (1 TD)6 SD 	12-36 (2 TD)7 BUF 	28-122 (3 TD)8 @TEN 	20-679 @KC 	19-9310 DEN 	14-4811 @WAS 	27-5212 MIA 	23-97 (2 TD)13 @SD 	15-5514 @NYJ 	14-4915 CLE 	25-13216 @DEN 	DNP17 NYG 	DNP

He only had a game with a score once in the second half of the season. He only had 3 100+ yard rushing games and those all came against teams he will not face in 2006. Where is real fantasy value came was with receptions, not even so much recieving yards and scores:

1 @NE 	5-402 KC 	6-323 @PHI 	5-53 (1 TD)4 DAL 	4-226 SD 	6-587 BUF 	4-408 @TEN 	5-69 (1 TD)9 @KC 	5-2510 DEN 	7-6011 @WAS 	5-3712 MIA 	7-47 ( TD)13 @SD 	2-1014 @NYJ 	4-3015 CLE 	5-4016 @DEN 	DNP

His three scoring games receiving also came against teams he will not face this year. He just got a ton of dump off passes particularly early in the season that may not be there this year.

and i see him getting a ton more dump off passes this season with the QB change

i see Jordon as a top 20 back but in a PPR he moves way up to #10 or #11

i also drafted Ryan Leaf

Edited by tooshea

I was one of the few who dared to put Jordan in the top 10 (8th) last year...

he doesn't make the top 10 this year...he makes the top 15, though....

he could be around 14th....but I haven't really thought it through to confirm this..

Jordan better down the stretch? Did not look it to me.

Here is what he did rushing last year:

1 @NE 	18-702 KC 	15-59 (1 TD)3 @PHI 	16-194 DAL 	26-126 (1 TD)6 SD 	12-36 (2 TD)7 BUF 	28-122 (3 TD)8 @TEN 	20-679 @KC 	19-9310 DEN 	14-4811 @WAS 	27-5212 MIA 	23-97 (2 TD)13 @SD 	15-5514 @NYJ 	14-4915 CLE 	25-13216 @DEN 	DNP17 NYG 	DNP

He only had a game with a score once in the second half of the season. He only had 3 100+ yard rushing games and those all came against teams he will not face in 2006. Where is real fantasy value came was with receptions, not even so much recieving yards and scores:

1 @NE 	5-402 KC 	6-323 @PHI 	5-53 (1 TD)4 DAL 	4-226 SD 	6-587 BUF 	4-408 @TEN 	5-69 (1 TD)9 @KC 	5-2510 DEN 	7-6011 @WAS 	5-3712 MIA 	7-47 ( TD)13 @SD 	2-1014 @NYJ 	4-3015 CLE 	5-4016 @DEN 	DNP

His three scoring games receiving also came against teams he will not face this year. He just got a ton of dump off passes particularly early in the season that may not be there this year.

there were plenty of games where they were playing from behind and he had about 2 or 3 catches for 25 yds and about 50-60 rushing yds heading into the 4th quarter and then he'd get about 2 or 3 catches for 10 yds each on the final drive and then add another 10 yds...

Collins has been known to throw to the backs a little.....Jordan averaged about 5 catches a game....Brooks won't do this....or at least hasn't given me any reason to believe this...

I was one of the few who dared to put Jordan in the top 10 (8th) last year...

he doesn't make the top 10 this year...he makes the top 15, though....

he could be around 14th....but I haven't really thought it through to confirm this..

he went #6 here

http://football25.myfantasyleague.com/2006...ns?L=16108&O=17

and i see him getting a ton more dump off passes this season with the QB change

i see Jordon as a top 20 back but in a PPR he moves way up to #10 or #11

i also drafted Ryan Leaf

I stayed at a holiday inn last night..

Those people that have LaMont ranked in the top 10 will be disappointed. Please remember that Norv Turner was the HC last year and he has a long standing history of using his RBs to their fullest potential where as Art Shell is the HC now and does not have this RB freindly history. Also remember that a couple of their key WRs were injured for a good part of the year (Moss & Curry) so they didnt have an effective pass game and had to rely more heavily on their next best offensive weapon (LaMont) AND they have a new QB who is not known for throwing the swing pass. Combine all these factors and LaMont is a big question mark...take away half of Lamonts receptions and receiving yards and receiving TDs and that is more of a realistic # for him.

Those people that have LaMont ranked in the top 10 will be disappointed. Please remember that Norv Turner was the HC last year and he has a long standing history of using his RBs to their fullest potential where as Art Shell is the HC now and does not have this RB freindly history. Also remember that a couple of their key WRs were injured for a good part of the year (Moss & Curry) so they didnt have an effective pass game and had to rely more heavily on their next best offensive weapon (LaMont) AND they have a new QB who is not known for throwing the swing pass. Combine all these factors and LaMont is a big question mark...take away half of Lamonts receptions and receiving yards and receiving TDs and that is more of a realistic # for him.

okay you guys win - but please explain to me why other dummies besides me are drafting him this high ?

check link http://football25.myfantasyleague.com/2006...ns?L=16108&O=17

okay you guys win - but please explain to me why other dummies besides me are drafting him this high ?

I wish I knew their reasons....I'm not saying LaMont cant be a top 10 RB its just that I think there are too many negative changes from last year to indicate that will be a top 10 RB....I really hope he is a top 10 RB because I live the SF Bay Area and follow the Raiders and Niners very closly and go to a couple games each year I would like to have at least something to root for. Last year I predicted Lamont to end up very close to top 10 and even drafted him in late round 3 as my #2 RB but I think drafting him in the 1st round this year is a big mistake.

Look the difference between a #10 and #11 pick are risk an upside VS downside. They aren't that great and he may prosper. Who knows? We are all just guessing but making calculated guesses.

If you have confidence he will prosper despite a new coaching staff go for it.

LaMont will be a definite top 10 back in PPR leagues. The Raider's passing game and defense CANNOT be as horrible as last year. Therefore, I feel last year was the absolute floor as far as rushing yards for Lamont. As the Raiders improve, so will Jordan.

LaMont will be a definite top 10 back in PPR leagues. The Raider's passing game and defense CANNOT be as horrible as last year. Therefore, I feel last year was the absolute floor as far as rushing yards for Lamont. As the Raiders improve, so will Jordan.

Brooks is the type of QB who always wants to make a 20-40 yd pass...he's not thinking of a dumpoff....

Collins has done this with Tiki and Jordan as of last year...

I'm not saying it won't happen...but Brooks is an actual downgrade from Collins and Art Shell is a downgrade from Turner.....at least for RB's anyways...Turner has good luck with RB's...

Come on, man. After #5 nothing is definite. It's all a crap shoot and depends on more than just the back that's running.

Even Edge has downside.

Shell will however improve the O-line and open bigger holes for him to run through,i would not count Lamont out,he may indeed show up this year.

his strength in catching the ball 4-5 times a game is what helped him out last year....

he had too many games where he did little to nothing running the ball...but ended up with 4-5 catches and 40-60 yds receiving...

in most leagues...that was an extra 8-11 pts...

but in my league, we had 2 pts every 10 rec. yds for a RB....so he did real well for me...

I nabbed him in the 3rd last year which was a complete steal.....and the way people in my league draft, he'll probably go in the top 5-7 picks....

they can have him there.....Chester Taylor is this years Jordan

I can understand Rudi or Jackson ahead of Caddy, but what's the rationale behind rating Ronnie Brown ahead of all of them? :D

Ricky Williams is gone and he did show some flashes of brilliance last year. :D

Edit: Last year Ricky and Ronnie combined for 1,650 rushing yards with 10 td's, and 49 receptions for 325 yards with 5 td's. He may not match those totals, but he is the main guy all by his lonesome this year.

Edited by Puddy

I can understand Rudi or Jackson ahead of Caddy, but what's the rationale behind rating Ronnie Brown ahead of all of them? :D

Brown actually had a higher YPC than those three backs that you mentioned for one.

He also was a rookie in a first year offense last year that gained 1139 total yards and 5 TDs. Combined with the now departed Ricky Williams, they produced 1650 rushing yards and 325 receiving yards with 11 TDs scored. Now he and the offense is in it's second season (assuming Mularkey really does keep the same one and even if he doesn't - Mularkey likes to run).

There is nothing wrong with any of the runners you mentioned and they are bunched together via projections pretty much, so they are effectively the same in fantasy terms. I just see Brown improving this year a tad bit above the others.

Thanks for replying to my request; Great sneak peek at top 10...SA at #3...is that due to Hutchinson leaving? LJ has an "old" line 30+ and a 30+ QB...let me throw this out there:

Based on last year, the moves made by teams in your opinion (anyone can share their .02) is LJ going to be ??? how many points better than LT per game...(LJ#1 LT #2...)

Reason I ask is if you choosing an RB in the first 3 picks...how do you splice it? I like to see how many FP I will get per game....last year SA got me 22..LJ got me 20 and LT and Tiki got me 18...that was the top 4...

the top ten was SA-22, LJ-20, Tiki-18, LT-18, Edge-17, Jordan-16, Holmes-15, D. Davis-15, Dillon-15, Portis-14....of those top 10..only SA, LJ, Tiki, LT and Portis played all 16 games....i.e. Priest played 7 games, thus I got 15 points from him but only in 7 games.....Davis only played 11, Dillon-11, Jordan-14 and Edge-15....so if I had Davis and Dillon and made it to the Super Bowl in my league--Week 17....neither RB played! All the rankings in the world made it seemingly worthless to own 2 top 10 RB's....my point is it isn't the first 2-5 rounds that make your season...it will be who is on the bench!!!! JMHO and I like it.... :D