[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ahhhhh

Bier Meister

I think I know the kind of place you are speaking of... One place in the West Chester PA area I believe is called the Dillworthtown Inn. Another place in the Santa Monica Mountians (Los Angeles area) called Saddle Peak Lodge. A third that I can think of is called Barefoot in Whistler BC Canada. The latter two are a bit bigger then you may talking about, but in any case I think that atmosphere is some of the most romantc around.

The Dillworth Inn isn't too far of a drive for me - I'll have to take the wife and check it out.

Good luck Bier!

Oh, and Happy Fathers Day to you and all the other Huddle Dads! :D

the phrase "out of the frying pan and into the fire" describes this week..... absolutely horrible. we basically have 4 people: a new chef, myself, and 2 other workers. well this week we had 3-4 banquets (2 at the same time) and a couple of celebrities staying at our little lodge. the new chef really didn't have his scheisse together and we all suffered. yesterday i was so frustrated that i was half way out the door 3 times. then, while cooking, the new guy leaves during our dinner rush without saying anything.

i ralley the 3 of us... contain the chaos.... then we have a little pow-wow at the end of the night. now that the 3 of us are doing the work of 5-6 we requested a heafty bonus for the work we've done and are about to do (6 more weddings this week). they gladly abliged. today we were going to have a day off, but were all happy to come in to regroup.... i/we deveolped a game plan for this busy week ahead of us and even though it's going to be rough, we at least have an idea of what needs to be done..... all i can say is that i am exhausted, but very relieved that there is some order to things.

:phew:

the phrase "out of the frying pan and into the fire" describes this week..... absolutely horrible. we basically have 4 people: a new chef, myself, and 2 other workers. well this week we had 3-4 banquets (2 at the same time) and a couple of celebrities staying at our little lodge. the new chef really didn't have his scheisse together and we all suffered. yesterday i was so frustrated that i was half way out the door 3 times. then, while cooking, the new guy leaves during our dinner rush without saying anything.

i ralley the 3 of us... contain the chaos.... then we have a little pow-wow at the end of the night. now that the 3 of us are doing the work of 5-6 we requested a heafty bonus for the work we've done and are about to do (6 more weddings this week). they gladly abliged. today we were going to have a day off, but were all happy to come in to regroup.... i/we deveolped a game plan for this busy week ahead of us and even though it's going to be rough, we at least have an idea of what needs to be done..... all i can say is that i am exhausted, but very relieved that there is some order to things.

And that is why the life of a restaurant chef would not be for me... :D

well...... they gave me chef de cuisine and a 25% raise... staying put (until sept)

Great to hear Bier! :D

That partnership in Denver sounds like a great opportunity.

Oh...and with that 25% raise...ya gonna forego the Boxster and get the Z4M? :D

Great to hear Bier! :D

That partnership in Denver sounds like a great opportunity.

Oh...and with that 25% raise...ya gonna forego the Boxster and get the Z4M? :D

danke

if i change cars.... will be either the boxster or boxster S. only advantage the bimmer has is lux features (which is still holding me back, as my car is pretty loaded)

Congrats and hang in there Chef! :D

Hopefully you'll be able to replace the MIA and other open spots quickly and get back to a more enjoyable pace. Sound like you got some good co-workers to support you.

Good luck! :D

When you say "Then, the new guy leaves without saying anything", I am assuming you mean he quit...

Are you possibly in line to get that job? Do you want it?

my promotion put me ahead of him...... this week i have been the guy in the kitchen. i am eager for them to bring in an executive chef... franky my interests lie in the restaurant and not banquets...so i want someone in there to oversee them.

Edited by Bier Meister