[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lundy v. Morency

General Itals

The word on this board and that I thought I heard early out of Houston camp was that Morency was on the outs with the coaching staff and that Lundy would be able to break through as a real weapon in Houston if DD couldn't go this year, which looks more and more likely. However, last nights preseason game produced these interesting results.

V. Morency - 11 rushes, 95 yards and 2 touchdowns, 3 receptions, 19 yards

W. Lundy - 7 rushes, 40 yards, 3 receptions, 26 yards

Does Morency have a chance to be the main man if DD can't go? Are we looking at RBBC? Does Antowain Smith have anything to add as a veteran presence or will he be cut as rumors have it? What do you guys think?

However, last nights preseason game produced these interesting results.

V. Morency - 11 rushes, 95 yards and 2 touchdowns, 3 receptions, 19 yards

W. Lundy - 7 rushes, 40 yards, 3 receptions, 26 yards

Does Morency have a chance to be the main man if DD can't go? Are we looking at RBBC? Does Antowain Smith have anything to add as a veteran presence or will he be cut as rumors have it? What do you guys think?

I didn't see the Hou game - who got the start and the early carries? If Morency did, that means the staff is giving him a chance to win the job; if it was Lundy, I'd hazard he has the inside track and they may be allowing Morency to play his way out of the doghouse, showcasing him as potential trade bait, or merely seeing what he can do.

Lundy got the start, but this was Morency's first game, he's been sidelined.

I think the staff loves both of them, Morency imo, gets the nob due to his experience if DD can't go week 1.

It'll be RBBC, but Morency has the experiece in the NFL that should earn him atop the depth chart, i don't see A.Smith figuring in the equation.

(KFFL) HoustonTexans.com reports Houston Texans head coach Gary Kubiak discussed RB Vernand Morency's performance during the preseason game Saturday, Aug. 19. " I liked the way he got the ball downhill, which is something we've been preaching to him. Also, one of the things I was impressed with was that he struggled with pass protection in camp and understanding schemes, understanding protections and blocking schemes. He's had some mistakes, he was mistake-free in that department in the game. I thought he was very aggressive cutting people, very aggressive on a couple of blitzes. You have to be able to do that as a back, you have to be able to hold up in there against the blitz. He did some good stuff; he wore down a bit there, and I told him I want him to be able to go all day, but it was encouraging to see him play well." Kubiak did not say if Morency earned another start at running back.

Lundy looks good, but we don't know if he can block or catch well like Morency can. At this point I'd take Morency since he's adjusting well to the one cut and go.

Yes, but this battle has just begun. I would grab both is possible and see how it plays out.

Lundy started but Morency did better against weaker defenders. Can you draw a concusion from that yet?

Are we looking at RBBC?

Yes

Camp quotes - Day 18

August 17, 2006

HoustonTexans.com

Following are excerpts from coach Gary Kubiak and players following the eighteenth day of the Texans' 2006 training camp.

Question:

(on playing multiple running backs in the regular season)

Answer - HC Gary Kubiak:

We’ll play two for sure, we might play three. We’ll definitely have a system where we’ll rotate before so we’re not just wearing out one guy. I think you have to have two on game day to be effective.”

www.houstontexans.com

“We’ll play two for sure, we might play three. We’ll definitely have a system where we’ll rotate before so we’re not just wearing out one guy. I think you have to have two on game day to be effective.”

Translation: Man, did you see Carr running for his life again? We HAVE to run two backs, maybe three to keep him breathing!

I was at the game and it sure looked like Carr's going to be adding to his turf-eating experience again THIS year...

Translation: Man, did you see Carr running for his life again? We HAVE to run two backs, maybe three to keep him breathing!

I was at the game and it sure looked like Carr's going to be adding to his turf-eating experience again THIS year...

If they had picked Bush like 3/4 of Houston expected

the defenses would have been running for their lives. :D

Excellent point which I missed.

They replaced sevaral after the 1st quarter. The 3rd pre-season game should be a better judge. That is the game most starters play 3 quarters.

Edited by Randall