[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Edge Owners

gilthorp

I'm sitting here watching the boring Bears/Cards game and after the first few series that Edge did very little, they brought in Arrington, and he looks pretty darn good.

Something to note if you own him as I don't see him going in drafts and he can be had on the cheap.

Just an observation that might be a good security blanket for you.

Edge will be fine. I do not own Edge and I would be surprised if I do because I pick 8th and expect him to be gone, but I am rooting for him to do great this season. I have never in my life seen a RB of Edge's abilities be so hated on before the season (for the record I am not saying this thread is doing that just saying in general by everyone). If you own Edge grab JJ just like you would most of your starters backup RB's, but Edge will be THE man as long as he's healthy. And say what you want last year and tonight this team gets A LOT of 1st and goals and Edge should get 12 TD's because of it.

Edit to add if he falls to me at 8 I'll gladly take him.

Edited by giantsfan

Edge will be fine. I do not own Edge and I would be surprised if I do because I pick 8th and expect him to be gone, but I am rooting for him to do great this season. I have never in my life seen a RB of Edge's abilities be so hated on before the season (for the record I am not saying this thread is doing that just saying in general by everyone). If you own Edge grab JJ just like you would most of your starters backup RB's, but Edge will be THE man as long as he's healthy. And say what you want last year and tonight this team gets A LOT of 1st and goals and Edge should get 12 TD's because of it.

Edit to add if he falls to me at 8 I'll gladly take him.

+1

There is no love for Edge. The phrase "but that offesive line" in regards to Edge is one of the most overused (even if true) response on this board. :D He'll get touches for the money they're paying him and a starting, unquestioned RB is hard to find in the league this year.

This is heard every pre-season with Edge. He was on NFL Live (I think) talking about how he doesn't like to play in the pre-season. He practices hard, he's a leader on the team, and he plays great in games. He knows these games don't count.

+1

There is no love for Edge. The phrase "but that offesive line" in regards to Edge is one of the most overused (even if true) response on this board. :D He'll get touches for the money they're paying him and a starting, unquestioned RB is hard to find in the league this year.

It is truly unreal. I have seen about 2% of people say ANYTHING positive on Edge. It's always the OL. Yet when I say 2 years ago on a CLEARLY worse team a 100 year old Emmitt went 900 + and 9. So Edge can't go 1200 and 12? I agree his yardage will dip but his TD's should be fine. This team gets a ton of 1st and goals. He'll also catch 40 passes for near 400 yards. So I'll say 1500-1600 total yards with 12 or so TD's.

Add in they play SF twice, the Rams twice, GB, Oak, Det, and KC and I see no reason why he can't do well. The only REALLY tough games are Chic, Dall, Den, and SD. And all are at home other than SD.

Edited by giantsfan

It is truly unreal. I have seen about 2% of people say ANYTHING positive on Edge. It's always the OL. Yet when I say 2 years ago on a CLEARLY worse team a 100 year old Emmitt went 900 + and 9. So Edge can't go 1200 and 12? I agree his yardage will dip but his TD's should be fine. This team gets a ton of 1st and goals. He'll also catch 40 passes for near 400 yards. So I'll say 1500-1600 total yards with 12 or so TD's.

Add in they play SF twice, the Rams twice, GB, Oak, Det, and KC and I see no reason why he can't do well. The only REALLY tough games are Chic, Dall, Den, and SD. And all are at home other than SD.

:D SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

guess ill point to this thread if people ask me why i took him as the 5th RB off the board in NVN

Very true. But the dough they are paying Edge. Unless this man quit football or injury happen they will ride him till the feet falls off and then try to give him a fake foot to use.

out of curiosity, and straight laziness..what are they paying edge down there?

ESPN.com has confirmed that the four-year contract is worth $30 million. James received an initial signing bonus of $7 million and will pocket a $4.5 million roster bonus on the seventh day of the 2006 league year, essentially the end of this week. The base salaries in the contract are $3.25 million (for 2006), $5.25 million (2007), $5 million (2008) and $5 million (2009).

The deal is in keeping with the way the Cardinals prefer to structure contracts, in that it is not dramatically back-loaded, and includes base salaries that remain fairly flat over the term of the contract.

For the first two seasons of the contract, James will earn $20 million and will make $25 million over the first three seasons. By comparison, the eight-year, $62 million contract signed by Shaun Alexander with the Seattle Seahawks last week will pay the reigning league most valuable player $18.525 million in the first two seasons and $23 million for the first three years.

link

I could not sleep last night and cut on the TV. The football channel was replaying the Cards vs Bears. I missed Edge but did get to see Arrington. I thought he was looking pretty good too. I picked him up late in a Dynasty draft and was trying to move him to the Edge owner but I might reconsider that. Keep him on the roster with the slew of other RB's I have.