[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

HELP COMMISH WITH FAIR TRADE

smithta3

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are you involved anyway? Are other owners objecting? Seems you may be taking your role a bit to seriously...FWIW.

Been a commish in my home league for about 5 years now and think I have had to break a tie on one trade so far. For us, if the majority veto, then that's it. I only get involved if it's a tie, and like I said, that's been once in 5 years.

Which is exactly the role of a commisioner, sort of like the Vice President in the Senate, only votes if there is a tie. Unless you can prove there is collusion you must let the trade pass. Stupidity is one of life's conditions. If this trade really rankles the rest of the league then perhaps you could add a rule to your league rules saying all trades must be approved by a majority vote of league members.

JMO.

some people just don't know what sort of trade is rejectable...

when both parties get studs...this is by far not collusion and that is what you are preventing....

a commish that would reject this trade is pretty much fearful of the team that is making out like a bandit in his opinion...

In one of our locals the following trade was passed: Javon Walker and a 4th round pick for Shaun Alexander. Of course we boohooed the Alexander owner and his stupidity (his response was he was going to try a 'different direction' this year..NTTAWWT... :D ) but the trade was passed without one dissenting vote.

What one of us might think is objectionable or even moranic to another is the height of insightful design. And it's just plain fun to watch a car crash. Thins the herd for all us "more smarter' owners.

Clarification (added after the first 22 or so responses):

I'm commish of a league (standard scoring, 6 pts for all TDs), and have this trade on the table. I was going to allow the trade, but a number of league members have objected strongly to the trade. Here's the story.

The Trade:

Team A gets:

Peyton Manning

Chad Johnson

Team B gets:

Steve Smith

Antonio Gates

Drew Bledsoe

Here are the objections being raised by those who want this trade overturned:

1. Team B went off the map on draft night (3rd round pick: Priest Holmes; 5th Round Pick: Sam Aiken) and then talked smack defending his picks. Everyone is now concerned that he doesn't know what he's doing and that he will make dumb trades giving away players. Last week, for instance, he tried to give up Peyton in exchange for Rod Smith and Mike Bell, which was quickly voted down by the league.

2. Team B already has 2 QBs (Brunell and Green) which could be seen as close to Bledsoe's quality, so it is being argued to me that Bledsoe should not be considered in weighing the trade. Thus, the trade boils down to Manning and Johnson for Smith and Gates.

Thanks everyone for providing an objective view here. I think Team B's idiocy has got people riled up against him, and I wanted to come back with the whole story so I can go back to the angry owners with input from people outside of the league.

damn i just took time to read the post....

why in the *** should your league vote on if he can and cant trade a particular player(s)?

the guy drafted PRIEST(yeah he talked smack but now he is trying to correct his errors and the pricks in your league wont let him...or will only let him if they think its ok...i would tell you and the league where to stick it)

Post his ENTIRE ROSTER(please)

Mike Bell has a very good chance to be a top 10-12 RB

and Rod Smith will be a top 20 WR again this yr(*** Walker, smith still has a yr left in the tank)

So tell me what RB and WR can Peyton Manning be traded for? SJax/Lee Evans? Jordan/Mason?

come on tell me(us)....so again he tries to fix his errors on draft day of Priest and Aiken with MBell/RodSMith for manning(you said he owns Brunell/Green) and since he has QB depth he can easily make that deal...but the league says NO...affectionate THAT...and yeah i woke up on the wrong side of the bed today

i seriously want to see this guys complete roster...actually screw it post your entire leagues rosters

Edited by keggerz

Clarification (added after the first 22 or so responses):

I'm commish of a league (standard scoring, 6 pts for all TDs), and have this trade on the table. I was going to allow the trade, but a number of league members have objected strongly to the trade. Here's the story.

The Trade:

Team A gets:

Peyton Manning

Chad Johnson

Team B gets:

Steve Smith

Antonio Gates

Drew Bledsoe

1. Team B went off the map on draft night (3rd round pick: Priest Holmes; 5th Round Pick: Sam Aiken) and then talked smack defending his picks. EveryonePeople he isnt trading with are concerned that he doesn't know what he's doing and that he will make dumb trades giving away players TO OTHER OWNERS instead of their team. Last week, for instance, he tried to give up Peyton in exchange for Rod Smith and Mike Bell, which was quickly voted down by the league.

2. Team B already has 2 QBs (Brunell and Green) which could be seen as close to Bledsoe's quality, so it is being argued to me that Bledsoe should not be considered in weighing the trade. Thus, the trade boils down to Manning and Johnson for Smith and Gates.

Thanks everyone for providing an objective view here. I think Team B's idiocy has got people riled up against him, and I wanted to come back with the whole story so I can go back to the angry owners with input from people outside of the league.

FIXED

Edited by keggerz

damn i just took time to read the post....

why in the *** should your league vote on if he can and cant trade a particular player(s)?

the guy drafted PRIEST(yeah he talked smack but now he is trying to correct his errors and the pricks in your league wont let him...or will only let him if they think its ok...i would tell you and the league where to stick it)

Post his ENTIRE ROSTER(please)

Mike Bell has a very good chance to be a top 10-12 RB

and Rod Smith will be a top 20 WR again this yr(*** Walker, smith still has a yr left in the tank)

So tell me what RB and WR can Peyton Manning be traded for? SJax/Lee Evans? Jordan/Mason?

come on tell me(us)....so again he tries to fix his errors on draft day of Priest and Aiken with MBell/RodSMith for manning(you said he owns Brunell/Green) and since he has QB depth he can easily make that deal...but the league says NO...affectionate THAT...and yeah i woke up on the wrong side of the bed today

i seriously want to see this guys complete roster...actually screw it post your entire leagues rosters

Wow, I didn't even think of this angle. If the guy can't correct his mistakes what's the point of him sticking out this season in the league?

:D

He WAS traded, wasn't he? When a trade is made, ALL the components are considered, not just the players other teams feel should be considered. What possible explanation could be made for Bledsoe NOT being included? He's a top-10 QB not Craig Nall!

Tell the babies to stop crying. If you are all so soncerned about how an owner runs his team, suck it up this year and kick him out next year. In the mean time, move along people, there's nothing to see here.

Edited by The Wolf

How do you or anyone for that matter can say with 1% accuracy one way or the other it's not collusion.

Do you work for the network show "Cheaters" or something?

I think with an even deal like that, collusion can't even be mentioned......

Can't believe that Commish's are soo damn high on their horse that they would even think to veto a deal like that. Tell the other teams in the league to shut the he11 up and deal with it.

:D

He WAS traded, wasn't he? When a trade is made, ALL the components are considered, not just the players other teams feel should be considered. What possible explanation could be made for Bledsoe NOT being included? He's a top-10 QB not Craig Nall!

Ahhh c'mon leave Nall outta this...

Edited by satelliteoflovegm

If this trade really rankles the rest of the league then perhaps you could add a rule to your league rules saying all trades must be approved by a majority vote of league members.

A rule like this would have me walking - make that running - away from a FF league in less than a heartbeat.

I can tolerate stupidity in the way others manage their own teams. I won't tolerate stupidity when others try to manage my team.

1. Team B went off the map on draft night (3rd round pick: Priest Holmes; 5th Round Pick: Sam Aiken) and then talked smack defending his picks. Everyone is now concerned that he doesn't know what he's doing and that he will make dumb trades giving away players. Last week, for instance, he tried to give up Peyton in exchange for Rod Smith and Mike Bell, which was quickly voted down by the league.

What are the league owners going to say if M Bell turns into a top 5 RB, or if Manning gets hurt in the first 2 weeks of the season? Will they reinstate the trade and retro-actively post new records for all the teams based upon how M Bell would have scored for his new team? Will they give the offended owner a few extra Ws and let him into the playoffs?

Not weighting Bledsoe into the trade is a strawman and poor logic. Maybe he was trying to create depth at QB to create a favorbale trading situation for himself. What will your league's owners say if Bledsoe turns into a top 5 QB - or even better, outperforms Manning's FF numbers this coming year?

Look, if your high-and-mighty owners think they're smarter than everyone else in the league, then kick the guy out whom they think is so stupid & redraft with a different owner who has the ability to tolerate the prima donnas in your league & won't quit when they decide that they're smart enough to not only manage their own team, but everyone else's too.

If the owners who has had his trades denied had any internal fortitude, he'll tell all of you to go piss yourselves, give him his money back, and walk leaving you all hanging for the coming season. Patently bull oh poopy being pulled in the league - and you as the commish are acting at the very least as an accomplice to it.

Edited by Bronco Billy

well, clearly the b will have to put or shut up come game day. The way my league works is that if majorirty are against it, then it doesn't go through :D

if you take one idiots opinion and add 5 or 6 more idiots opinions then what do you have? a bunch of idiots with opinions

seriously can you tell me how you think the majority of your league having a say on a trade is actually a good thing? I mean are they looking out for you so you dont lose your money? or are they really just looking out for their own cash that they dont want to lose?

have you ever asked your league to submit rankings prior to the season starts so that everyone can inspect their cheatsheet to make sure they dont draft someone to early? Would you league as a majority VETO someone drafting priest in the 3rd round? Would you like your league to submit rankings here and at the end of the yr we can see how good they were? Next yr the ones that sucked cant vote on trades?

Seriously can you or someone else tell me why a majority can VOID or KILL a deal? You pay your money you play your game...some people play better then others, some like risk, some like to be safe, some think they know it all, some do know it all(well almost all), some can be dicks, some are nice guys, but none pay anyone elses fees(would be my guess)...if you "think" there is collusion then you better have proof because that is the only way to void a deal IMO...99.9999% of the deals that people post here that leagues have trouble with are just either dumb or slightly off or if they are really bad then hey hopefully that owner learns from them...but in the end i bet that the uproar is because the other owners dont want to lose their money so they vote to VOID a deal

I'm in a pissy mood, so unfortunately you get some of the mist.

Why do most people who commish a league feel it's their right to play god? Why do most commishes believe they know who will produce what over the course of the season? And finally, why do most commishes (and league owners for that matter) see any trade that doesn't benefit them directly, as unfair?

Nobody can predict the future. Therefore, unless a trade is obvious collusion, how can you veto it? Sure, you'll get owners who will complain, but you need to tell those people to f[/]uck off! I'm just fortunate to be in leagues with solid commissioners.