[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is anyone concerned about Edgerrin James?

Irish27

You should be concerned.

Very large, strong men will be trying to hit him 20-30 times a game, at least. If that's not scary, I don't know what else is.

Draft me. I sit in a chair all day. Much lower chance of injury there...

you can be a little concerned...But come on its the EDGE!!

An old Emmitt Smith had a much worse O Line and still was able to rush for over 900 yards and get like 8 or 9 TD's...

James will not be any worse then that...he'll be just fine..

i dont think their defense is all that bad with a healthy bert berry and antrell rolle...given the fact that david macklin is still relied on..lol...clancy pendergrast is alright

Yeah, I probably shouldn't have called them "really bad", but they're certainly nowhere near "good" and I wouldn't put them in the "decent" category yet, either. Having Berry back will help, but "No Tacklin'" David Macklin sure as hell won't.

not to mention, with those WRs and that DEF..Warner/Leinart will be throwing all 2nd half...

...which means a slew of dump-offs to edge who kicks rearend as a wr out of the backfield. ppr leagues rejoice. regular leagues, not as much.

...which means a slew of dump-offs to edge who kicks rearend as a wr out of the backfield. ppr leagues rejoice. regular leagues, not as much.

yah, i always forget about Edge's catching...I was usually rooting for an 80 yrd bomb to Harrison...

I picture it more like him staying back to block because the OL is so bad.....

he may try to chip a DE real good and swing out...

but the best way to nullify Edge in the passing game late is to blitz and force him to stay in the backfield...

An old Emmitt Smith had a much worse O Line and still was able to rush for over 900 yards and get like 8 or 9 TD's...James will not be any worse then that...he'll be just fine..

+1

With the way Arizona should be able to move the ball thru the air between the 20's, Edge should have plenty of red-zone touches, similar to what Emmitt did with a worse O-line 2 years ago.

1000 rushing, 300 recieving, 10 Tds sounds right....which should place him about 7th-9th overall when the season is done.

+1

With the way Arizona should be able to move the ball thru the air between the 20's, Edge should have plenty of red-zone touches, similar to what Emmitt did with a worse O-line 2 years ago.

1000 rushing, 300 recieving, 10 Tds sounds right....which should place him about 7th-9th overall when the season is done.

That sounds about right.

But even with Edge, the Cards are still going to struggle to run the ball...

2004 (with Emmitt): 1668 total rushing yds (22nd overall), 3.51 yds/carry (30th overall)

2005 (Shipp/Arrington): 1138 rushing yds (32nd overall), 3.16 yds/carry (32nd overall)

Edge has his work cut out for him down there, as that line was unbelievably bad last season. Shipp and Arrington are certainly better than 3.16 yds/carry.

I'm in the minority, but I do not have Edge in my top 15 backs. Trade him while you can get value for him. Westbrook, KJ, Parker or someone of that caliber along with a tier 2 WR should do it.

Trade him while you can get value for him. Westbrook, KJ, Parker or someone of that caliber along with a tier 2 WR should do it.

I think his value now is low, not high. More poeple off his bandwagon than on it.

If you are going to trade him, better to do it after a few games of solid stats. I'm not sure who would give that much (Westy + #2 WR) up for an RB with question marks (as this thread indicates), and as a James owner, I'm not sure I'd take less.

edge will be ok, but think about it he's one of the few everydown backs, i mean everydown backs are almost extinct like dinosaurs. so as long as edge is healthy and plays he will contribute. hes in a weak division, he's well schooled, and denny green keeps saying "i see edge getting 1500-1600 yards this year" he will get 1000 easily just by being the feature back. he's going to get the gl looks first also. my guess at the lowest projection 1200 and 10 tds, thats lowest!

Edited by hollywood_69