[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jerry Rice on NFL Radio

Menudo

Jerry Rice is the best player that I've seen play during my time. :D He also had a work ethic that was reported to be amazing. However, he might be the worst football talk-show host that I have ever heard in my life. I thought Michael Irvin was the worst abuser of the English language until I heard Rice. He seems like a good guy, but, this just isn't his gig. I haven't been listening to Sirius NFL Radio much lately, as I have been listening to Howard, but, after listening the last couple of days, boy, do I ever miss John Riggins. Rice has tons of "Um's" and "You knows" in every statement, and states the obvious more than John Madden. This morning he called "Batch" - "Bath" and "Pittburgh" "Picksburgh". He also said that if Tony Gonzalez gets more passes thrown his way and catches more Touchdowns, he will be in for a great season. :D That is no joke, he said it.

It is hard for me to listen to someone I admired so much, fumble through this gig. He is a very nice guy, but, has made this show almost impossible to listen to. :lol:

You're right; greatest receiver, worst on-air personality. Out of all the guys on NFL radio he is the only one that is borderline unlistenable. While the obvious, vanilla comments are annoying, the umms and you knows make me want to throw the radio out the window-

Oh man, you just hit it right on the head. He stammers all the time, rarely says anythign about any player that ins't a toe-the-line-n-real-opinion-to-speak-of attitude. He's horrible, and what drives me nuts are the call-ins that kiss his ass AS AN ANNOUNCER, not his playing skills. I love NFL radio, but Rice is teh suck. I hate Randy Cross on the opening, but at least he speaks his opnion on every subject whether the fans will agree or not.

Yeah, Adam Shine is pretty tough to listen to also. However, Moving the Chains with Kirwin and Ryan is the best show on radio.

I don't mind Shine... well, except for the way he greets each caller... But Kirwan is awesome. In fact, Kirwan might know more about football than any other guy I have ever met.

Yeah, Adam Shine is pretty tough to listen to also. However, Moving the Chains with Kirwin and Ryan is the best show on radio.

Schein has an annoying on air voice, IMO, but the guy really knows his stuff for the most part. I can not stand to liste to Rice. One afternoon on my way home, I counted 46 "umms" in less than 5 minutes. It also seems that if a player is not a top notch starter that Jerry really doesn't know anything about them. I dont mind Cross so much, because he knows the game and players and has a good on air flow to his shows. I like Moving the Chains also and oddly enough started to become a big fan of The Barber Shop with Tiki and Ronde.

Was anyone listening Monday morning, when a caller called in and asked Rice if he was taking it up the :D from Howard Stern? That was pricelss!!! :D

Edited by Ziachild007

I don't mind Shine... well, except for the way he greets each caller... But Kirwan is awesome. In fact, Kirwan might know more about football than any other guy I have ever met.

This is true. :D

Jerry Rice is the best player that I've seen play during my time. :lol: He also had a work ethic that was reported to be amazing.

We can agree on something! :D

I haven't watched the show, but I think we can see eye-to-eye with this whole Jerry Rice and the [49ers] thing we've got going. I knew deep down you had it in you. :lol:

So, who do you think would win: Last years Super Bowl winning Steelers or 1994 49ers? :D

Also, which 49ers team do you feel had more talant (both with Jerry Rice): 1987 Niners or 1994 Niners?

yah, Rice is pretty comical on there. I don't mind him so much. Don't ask me why. I like when he says "Randy Moss has strenfs and um...you know...weakneffes, but um....it all boils down to you know...health."

:D riiiiight...

anyway..whatever did happen to Riggins? I quit listening in the off season, and they never said anything about it when I came back.

I absolutley love Schein. I think he's the best on air personality on the payroll there.

I enjoy T-Roc alot, but the show is too early for me to catch now.

"ON A FOOTBALL MONDAY"

It's a foodball monday

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH YEEEEESSSSSSS IT ISSSSSSSSSS"

I absolutley love Schein. I think he's the best on air personality on the payroll there.

I enjoy T-Roc alot, but the show is too early for me to catch now.

"ON A FOOTBALL MONDAY"

It's a foodball monday

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH YEEEEESSSSSSS IT ISSSSSSSSSS"

I often wonder if the morning show does that to sorta mock Schein. :D