[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

All hail Jeff Wilkins!

Cyclones

I got ZERO TDs from my 2 RBs, 2WRs, and my TE and yet put up 104 points, tops in my league. Jeff Wilkins scored 22 in our system. I guess if there was a good day to have SJax and Holt, it was yesterday. Each time they failed to punch it in, I got consolation points from Wilkins. Having Warner didnt hurt either.

Had him targeted from the get-go in WCOFF. Let's just say he panned out nicely yesterday. Gotta love dome kickers on offenses that can move the ball but yet stall just out of the redzone.

Had him targeted after seeing him in pre-season, but by the time I was drafting a kicker I was saturated by the Rumpleminze :D

Edit to add: I still ended up with Akers and Elam so I did ok.

Edited by DemonKnight

benched him for vinny, how can i start wilkins over vinny? i just cant

That is exactly why you only carry one kicker on the squad. Having to chose between two will drive you insane.

Had him targeted from the get-go in WCOFF. Let's just say he panned out nicely yesterday. Gotta love dome kickers on offenses that can move the ball but yet stall just out of the redzone.

Very well said. Love kickers that play most of their games indoors.

Had him targeted after seeing him in pre-season, but by the time I was drafting a kicker I was saturated by the Rumpleminze :D

Edit to add: I still ended up with Akers and Elam so I did ok.

Do you have to have two K on the roster? Otherwise, either one of those K is all you need for the season. IMO, having two K is a waste of a roster spot(unless you are required by league rules). Take one(not the first one, either, but one from a decent offense that will move the ball) and call it good. Bye week, grab whichever waiver wire slug has the best matchup and take your chances for a week.

My $0.02.

Do you have to have two K on the roster? Otherwise, either one of those K is all you need for the season. IMO, having two K is a waste of a roster spot(unless you are required by league rules). Take one(not the first one, either, but one from a decent offense that will move the ball) and call it good. Bye week, grab whichever waiver wire slug has the best matchup and take your chances for a week.

My $0.02.

I believe it is a rule but may be wrong, thanx fer the advice anyway.

In one of my leagues, I didn't even draft a kicker, opting to grab an extra sleeper instead. We finished our draft two weeks before the season. I figured I'd pick up a kicker during our first waiver run a couple of days before the start of the season. I dropped my sleeper, Hank Baskett, figuring he wouldn't see much time with Donte Stallworth now in Eagle-town, and picked up Jeff Wilkins, who surprisingly wasn't drafted. Just another example of why you don't need to take a kicker until very late in your draft.

In one of my leagues, I didn't even draft a kicker, opting to grab an extra sleeper instead. We finished our draft two weeks before the season. I figured I'd pick up a kicker during our first waiver run a couple of days before the start of the season. I dropped my sleeper, Hank Baskett, figuring he wouldn't see much time with Donte Stallworth now in Eagle-town, and picked up Jeff Wilkins, who surprisingly wasn't drafted. Just another example of why you don't need to take a kicker until very late in your draft.

I think it is better to draft one but not top 5. I usually pick late and grab one of the top 10. This year I took Wilkins late in one league and Akers a little earlier because I think he will be a stud(kicker-wise). He has been boomig 50 yarders. In that league you get a ton of points for long kicks.

Wilins was listed an awful lot lower than I thougt he should be. I agree with Darin, the Rams will move the ball but have redzone issues.