[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TOs Press Conference

Vet

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

His female publicist is completely incredible. She said she forgot a lot of what happened. No way.

I know, they asked her if it's true that she tried to take a couple of pills out of his mouth, and she sidestepped it and said it was a long night and she doesn't remember all the details. While I can believe that to a certain extent, I can't believe she could forget such a significant detail as that. Then she tried to say that the police are taking advantage of T.O. And she ridiculed the idea of a suicide attempt. :D Are you kidding me? Didn't she allude to the fact that maybe she misunderstood and overreacted to the situation only about 2 minutes before that? And then she tries to blame the police for being crazy enough to insinuate that it was a suicide attempt? Talk about contradicting yourself. That never looks credible.

Edited by Skrappy1

I know, they asked her if it's true that she tried to take a couple of pills out of her mouth, and she sidestepped it and said it was a long night and she doesn't remember all the details. While I can believe that to a certain extent, I can't believe she could forget such a significant detail as that. Then she tried to say that the police are taking advantage of T.O. And she ridiculed the idea of a suicide attempt. :D Are you kidding me? Didn't she allude to the fact that maybe she misunderstood and overreacted to the situation only about 2 minutes before that? And then she tries to blame the police for being crazy enough to insinuate that it was a suicide attempt? Talk about contradicting yourself. That never looks credible.

I heard her on the radio but didn't see it on TV. She seems dumb. Is she at least hot?

I heard her on the radio but didn't see it on TV. She seems dumb. Is she at least hot?

Actually she is the one that looks like she took 35 pills.

I love me some T.O.! Wish I drafted him this year, he went too fast. Guys were really snapping him up while I was busy drafting idiot RBs. So I don't have this luxury, but to the rest of you, start 'im if you got 'im! Tennessee is a juicy matchup. I'd kill myself if I played for their secondary!

I take pills out of bottles to save them for a "rainy day". Same goes with people who are having their medication "monitored". The ol' make it look like you're taking it, even though you don't like it and it makes you feel sick routine.

But as far as I know no one was "monitoring" whether or not T.O. was taking his medication. If there was no suicide attempt, then there certainly was no reason to suspect one, right? This happened in the privacy of his own home. Even if he was being observed taking his medication by the Cowboy's trainer, that would have had to happen at practice, right? What good would it do for him to take an empty pill bottle to practice? That would only make it appear that he took all the pills, even if he in fact did not, and that would only lead to a situation similar to the one he is in right now.

Seriously though, T.O. seemed to be missing a great deal of his normal swagger during the press conference, didn't he? He looked like he was about to cry at the beginning of it. I just seem to think that if the idea of a suicide attempt was so off-base, seeing how cocky and defiant T.O. is by nature, that we would have seen more of that side here...him brazenly laughing this off and saying "What are you crazy?!?" I don't know, maybe I am way off base here, but that is what I'd expect if there wasn't any validity to this at all.

Edited by Skrappy1

I know, they asked her if it's true that she tried to take a couple of pills out of her mouth, and she sidestepped it and said it was a long night and she doesn't remember all the details. While I can believe that to a certain extent, I can't believe she could forget such a significant detail as that. Then she tried to say that the police are taking advantage of T.O. And she ridiculed the idea of a suicide attempt. :D Are you kidding me? Didn't she allude to the fact that maybe she misunderstood and overreacted to the situation only about 2 minutes before that? And then she tries to blame the police for being crazy enough to insinuate that it was a suicide attempt? Talk about contradicting yourself. That never looks credible.

for someone who's supposed to protect TO's image, she seemed to make things worse. she basically insinuated that the police and firemen exaggerated the circumstances because of TO's reputation. she said stuff like, "a man of terrell's statue." THEN TO comes back out after she's done so that he can say he wants to thank the police and firemen for their help, as if to make sure they didn't think he thought they were out to get him or something. if you didn't know what was going on, you'd wonder which one was the publicist and which was the client.

for someone who's supposed to protect TO's image, she seemed to make things worse. she basically insinuated that the police and firemen exaggerated the circumstances because of TO's reputation. she said stuff like, "a man of terrell's statue." THEN TO comes back out after she's done so that he can say he wants to thank the police and firemen for their help, as if to make sure they didn't think he thought they were out to get him or something. if you didn't know what was going on, you'd wonder which one was the publicist and which was the client.

The police and firemen aren't going to lie about what T.O. said. There's no motive whatsoever, unless they're looking to be called "racist" and lose their jobs.

I wonder if TO was unable to beat her gutz in and therefore she freaked out and called 911. He being embaressed, blamed it on pills.

Oh chit, :D I just saw LT has a nose bleed on CNN...sources say he has overdosed on Cocaine.

TypiKal media chit.

Edited by SuperBalla

she said stuff like, "a man of terrell's statue."

I forgot about that quote. :D

And since when have we seen T.O. go out of his way to humbly thank anyone like he did the paramedics and staff at Baylor and such? It almost seemed like an afterthought to do so since he came back after his publicist spoke specifically to thank them, then left. It seemed like he was trying to be nice to them to hopefully avoid any further "leaks" of information that can contradict his statement.

Edited by Skrappy1

Well, it's certainly possible to have an adverse reaction to pain meds. I saw some wacky reactions to pain meds during my hospice work days. They're not all that common though. Usually more along the lines of nauseous, itching, that sort of thing. One nice, little old lady became a pretty much raving paranoid on morphine based pain meds, for example. Creepy.

Why would someone who tried to kill themselves 19 hours ago hold a press conference before going back to practice?

I'm gonna go out on a limb here an suggest that I see a hint of personality disorder here. Just a hunch.

Suicide? No Way

Well written article by Dan Le Batard

LeBatard is notrious for writing articles that are extremely soft and favorable to the players though. After seeing him on PTI a few times, I think this spawns from his desire to want to be buddies with them. Also keep in mind that this is the same guy who vehemently defended Rick Williams' decision to walk away from football, not because he wanted to smoke pot, but because he felt that he had a higher purpose in life and was spiritually above material things like money and football. I remember LeBatard saying that he knew Ricky a little and had talked to him a lot about his decision, and LeBatard insisted that neither football nor money was important to Ricky and that he would NEVER come back to football. When other commentators would suggest that Ricky would be back, LeBatard would practically ridicule them and insist that was not the case and he would never come back. We know how that turned out though.

LeBatard is notrious for writing articles that are extremely soft and favorable to the players though. After seeing him on PTI a few times, I think this spawns from his desire to want to be buddies with them. Also keep in mind that this is the same guy who vehemently defended Rick Williams' decision to walk away from football, not because he wanted to smoke pot, but because he felt that he had a higher purpose in life and was spiritually above material things like money and football. I remember LeBatard saying that he knew Ricky a little and had talked to him a lot about his decision, and LeBatard insisted that neither football nor money was important to Ricky and that he would NEVER come back to football. When other commentators would suggest that Ricky would be back, LeBatard would practically ridicule them and insist that was not the case and he would never come back. We know how that turned out though.

Good info Skrappy. I did not know that about him. It just seemed like he brought good points.

Good info Skrappy. I did not know that about him. It just seemed like he brought good points.

No problem, I didn't mean to seem as if I was jumping on you for posting it, and if it seems like I'm coming down too hard on T.O. here, that may be fair. I don't purport to know what actually happened, I just don't think that his version of the events make much sense at all.

I also just did a quick Google on LeBatard to see if anyone else feels the way that I do about him. Check this article out...I've pasted a few of the highlights from it: :D

Why Your Hometown Columnist Sucks: Dan Le Batard

We've never met Dan Le Batard, but this is how we picture him: green makeup, pointy hat, always carries a broom. He's looking into a crystal ball, wherein a typical Miami Herald reader is stuck, motioning helplessly, calling: "Dorothy? Where are you?" Le Batard cackles, and flying monkeys then fill the skies. And the next morning, his column appears on newsstands. Or something like that. The most common complaint about Le Batard is that he's so aggressively pro-athlete that even his most plaid columns feel like they should come with pom-poms.

...What does Dan Le Batard think? He thinks that if you didn't vote for Shaquille O'Neal for NBA MVP, you're a racist. (As preposterous as the first column was, the follow-up, where he attempts to clarify his stance, is even lamer)...He thinks that Ricky Williams should have been elected Pope...

Then there is the electronic Le Batard, whose appearances on "Pardon The Interruption," "Cold Pizza," "Around the Horn" and "The Sports Reporters" will probably lead to Earth's destruction sometime in the dim future, when those waves eventually reach an alien civilization with enough technology to takes us out. But as annoying as he is on TV and radio, he's twice so in print. Take this recent lead, about the Miami Heat:

"More fun. More athleticism. More volume. More drama. More attitude. More confidence. More electricity. More versatility. More youth. More stars. More bench. More flash. More relevance."

More Excedrin, please. Then of course there's the fact that too often he just phones it in. In this column, there are 22 paragraphs, 15 of the short, one-sentence variety. There's more air in this piece than in a typical bag of circus popcorn; it contains fewer insightful thoughts than a Klan rally. But that's our Dan -- coasting along, intoxicated by the fumes of his own fame.

http://www.deadspin.com/sports/hometown-co...mustard-145214.php

Edited by Skrappy1

Well-said. Lebatard is an apologist d0uche.

Well, it's certainly possible to have an adverse reaction to pain meds. I saw some wacky reactions to pain meds during my hospice work days. They're not all that common though. Usually more along the lines of nauseous, itching, that sort of thing. One nice, little old lady became a pretty much raving paranoid on morphine based pain meds, for example. Creepy.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here an suggest that I see a hint of personality disorder here. Just a hunch.

I'm no medical expert thats for sure, but my girlfriend was stupid enough to pop 2 vicadine (sp?) at the same time. She spent the night trying to catch clouds in the basement. :D

If he overdosed I could see him doing some pretty crazy things.

Who hasnt thought this guys a basket case though?