[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just traded FOR Lamont Jordan

msaint

To me, you dealt a (preseason ranked) 1/2 round RB and FA pickup for a 1/2 round RB and tight end with some upside. With your need for a TE, I think was a good move for you. Cooley is the wild card. He has A LOT of potential. He did great last year (but they were running a different offense). With Al Saunders running the show, you saw what his offense did for Gonzo. Gibbs is no idiot and historically had his TEs involved in his offense. The biggest problem seems to be the adjustment to Saunder's massive playbook.

Agree re: Cooley. Where was Ahman Green ranked as 1st or 2nd round RB pre-season? Everywhere I saw had him as a middle round guy, a #3 or even #4 RB depending on your league, which I thought was too low (and why I was content to snag him in the 5th round), but still...no one had him ranked very high coming off his quad injury.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm tryin to get Jordan for Thomas Jones and Moulds. Jones isn't really doing anything, and you have to wonder when they will start using Benson.

as a jones owner as well, i'm wondering the same thing. that said, if benson was that close to jones ability-wise, or the bears thought he could perform as well/better than jones in most situations, he'd have already been out there this season, considering how much money they're paying him. i just don't buy this "the game flowed differently/jones' skills were more applicable to the game" excuse for not giving benson one single carry.

rather, i think they already know he's a big, fast multi-million dollar bust and they're just spinning it so he might have some trade value down the road, rather than saying, "you know what, this kid sucks and we're not going to let him near the field, or he'll kill us, so anyone want him for pennies on the dollar?" just my 2¢ but the fact that jones isn't tearing it up by any stretch and benson STILL can't get any run, well, that says a lot about how much he's worth to that organization ASIDE FROM the crazy smoney he makes. would love to hear some bears homers on this, though...

Hahahahahahah!!!! Have any of you not watched the Raiders or Lamont??? Are you expecting Lamont Jordan's value to increase with Andrew Walter taking over?? What upside?? Upside to do what??? This thread is laughable. I feel sorry for whoever acquired him. He isn't very good. His receiving value alone made him a decent option, and he's not going to catch the ball anymore. Yes, I was trying to get Bobby Engram. He will have way more value this season than Lamont. About half the times you will start Lamont Jordan this season you will get less than 50 yards. I don't know about you guys, but that doesn't do it for me. I'm sorry you guys still have false hope, but let it go!!!

Dropping Deangelo for him??? Lol brilliant. I challenge you folks to watch games and learn the talent.

Yes, I was trying to get Bobby Engram. He will have way more value this season than Lamont.

And the fact that your user name is "seahawks21" has no bearing upon the fact that you believe the (soon-to-be) #4 possession WR in Seattle has more value than a RB who had 1,600 total yards, 11 TDs and 70 receptions last year, even if he's started off poorly this year? :D

And the fact that your user name is "seahawks21" has no bearing upon the fact that you believe the (soon-to-be) #4 possession WR in Seattle has more value than a RB who had 1,600 total yards, 11 TDs and 70 receptions last year, even if he's started off poorly this year? :D

Poorly? Lol. Lamont will have a few pretty big games this year. He'll also have a couple HORRIBLE, worst-start-of-the-week type efforts. The fact is, he isn't that talented. He isn't capable of having good games on the ground against good run defenses. His lack of looks in the passing game won't allow him to make up for his lack of rushing yards, especially in those games against good teams. On the other hand, Bobby Engram is very consistent. Neither will have 1000 total yards this season, and Bobby will have way more catches, Lamont possibly a few more TD's. In that kind of race I go with the consistent guy every time. I HATE starting question marks.

As far as the homerism, I have a prominent reputation of being a pessimist in all matters Seahawks.

Edited by Seahawks21

So you gave up Ahman 'Waiting for my quad to pop' green and Bernard 'waiting for a bone in Grossman's body to break so I can not catch passes from Kyle Orton" Berrian for Lamont 'I'll be good as soon as Art gets fired' Jordan and Chris 'I was good last year, and you never know when I will break out this year' Cooley?

You raped the other owner.

So you gave up Ahman 'Waiting for my quad to pop' green and Bernard 'waiting for a bone in Grossman's body to break so I can not catch passes from Kyle Orton Brian Griese" Berrian for Lamont 'I'll be good as soon as Art gets fired' Jordan and Chris 'I was good last year, and you never know when I will break out this year' Cooley?

You got raped by the other owner.

Fixed it for ya Caveman_Nick :D

i just don't trust ahman to stay healthy all year, plain and simple.

Now that I can understand, but I wouldn't worry about it being the quad again.

Everything I've read on it medically, states that once it's fixed, the chances of recurrence are slim & none...and slim just left town.

You raped the other owner.

Disagree. Green looks to be lock to score between 10-20 points a game (if he stays healthy) and is heavily involved in the run and passing game. The Raider offensive line is absolutely horrendous and the only realistic value is to hope they start passing the ball to Lamont.

Now that I can understand, but I wouldn't worry about it being the quad again.

Everything I've read on it medically, states that once it's fixed, the chances of recurrence are slim & none...and slim just left town.

when he had a hammy scare in week 3, that sealed it for me. i know he played, and played relatively well (YPC still blows, but his receptions are nice, as if the fact that he's the every down back), but i just don't want to play russian roulette with him all season. and if he does go down, i still have morency, so i have (one of ) his handcuffs...not that morency's a stud by any means, but he'd get some carries and be a decent flex/bye week starter. it's all gambling, bs1, so i can certainly see the fear in betting on jordan the eay he's started, but it was just a gut call b/t him and ahman. could be the wrong move, but so be it.

and re: cooley, well, i lost vernon davis and berrian was just a FA pickup -- and my starting wr's are fitz and marvin, so berrian would find it very hard to squeeze in other than bye week -- so i figured it wasn't a ton to exchange for a guy who had 71 catches for almost 800 yds and 7 TDs last year, esp. with portis back, which will hopefully open it up a bit more for him and brunell.

again...:D

when he had a hammy scare in week 3, that sealed it for me. i know he played, and played relatively well (YPC still blows, but his receptions are nice, as if the fact that he's the every down back), but i just don't want to play russian roulette with him all season. and if he does go down, i still have morency, so i have (one of ) his handcuffs...not that morency's a stud by any means, but he'd get some carries and be a decent flex/bye week starter. it's all gambling, bs1, so i can certainly see the fear in betting on jordan the eay he's started, but it was just a gut call b/t him and ahman. could be the wrong move, but so be it.

and re: cooley, well, i lost vernon davis and berrian was just a FA pickup -- and my starting wr's are fitz and marvin, so berrian would find it very hard to squeeze in other than bye week -- so i figured it wasn't a ton to exchange for a guy who had 71 catches for almost 800 yds and 7 TDs last year, esp. with portis back, which will hopefully open it up a bit more for him and brunell.

again...:D

Tis true that it's all in the eye of the beholder. You're not comfortable with Green so I completely understand. It's just to me, you might have sold Green a little low, in only getting LaMont Jordan for him. But I'm an outsider looking in, so what do I know? :D

Now Berrian for Cooley, given your situation, seems like a good move and is pretty fair. :lol:

And so it begins...

Ahman Green (probable, ribs) missed the team portion of practice Friday.

Green wasn't downgraded, so he'll likely play. He's got his whole line intact, but a banged-up Green isn't a great option against Philadelphia's stingy run defense on Monday Night Football.

The guy I traded with jokingly (sort of) asked me if I "knew something" before our trade and intentionally sold him "damaged goods." I hate when guys respond like this after a trade. First, anyone who's watched football for the past five years knows that Ahman Green is no iron man. I simply sold while the selling was good, betting on Ahman to break down sometime before season's end. Second, if I somehow "knew" that Ahman would miss practice before the Packers, the NFL or even he himself knew, that would mean I could see into the future, and, trust me, I'd be a multi-zilionaire living in the high rollers suite at the Bellagio, not some schmuck trying to win $500 in a fantasy football league. :D

Edited by msaint

Just trying to see if any of you have traded for Lamont, and what you paid for him if you did.

In my case, today I dealt Ahman & B.Berrian for Lamont & C.Cooley (just lost V.Davis, TE required). I figured if there's any time to buy low on Jordan -- reeeeal low, as poorly as Lamont/Raiders are playing -- it's now because, as other threads have noted:

1. Maybe OAK got things at least a little more sorted out during the bye week.

2. Coach Non-Blinking, Mouth-Breathing Lunkhead (aka Coach Art Shell) says he'll start using Lamont more in -- what a revelation! -- the passing game of all things, where he only snagged 70 balls last year.

3. They have CLE, SF coming up...not exactly SD and BAL defenses. If there's a time to get Lamont going, it's now.

4. O-Line, while still not great, at least gets healthier with (possible) return of Gallery, Sims, and other banged up guys has a week to rest. That said, OAK is ranked last in total offense, passing offense, first downs, sacks allowed and are 31st in points scored. Hope this turns around, will likely be the biggest factor in Jordan's success along with Shell getting him involved in the passing game.

5. OAK might have to lean on Lamont even more with Walter at the helm.

There's obviously huge risk in buying Lamont now, but in my case there was as much risk in Ahman lasting all season, and it's not often you can get a first-rounder relatively cheaply (I loved Ahman's start, looks pretty good so far, but still)....so, anyone else targeting Jordan? If so, what did you give up for him?

Great deal for you Saint! Glad to see you doing your homework! Were did that burst of speed come from Lamont??? What a great long run that was! I was actually offered Dunn and Owens for Lamont and Roy Williams...Needless to say for this week at least I'm glad I declined the deal! Looks like I'm back to 500 In my keeper league thanks to Lamont and picking up that Chiefs D off of the waiver wire wasn't too shabby either...Thanks niners you made my Sunday :D