[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He's back! Alexander to practice

I'm Rick James Bitch

I hope he rotates and doesn't do much right away as I need to lose my next three games and get a better pick next year...SA cost me my season, I don't need him to cost me the #2 or #3 pick next year...

F*cking Madden...

I'm hoping Manning is on the cover next year since I don't owm him in any leagues. :D

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else think they just let him practice this week, sit him for a game they assume they will win without him and go full bore week #12?

I'm keeping him on the bench for just one more week, because I don't think they really need him this week. They may want to ease him in and split carries, but just like everyone else here, I do not know since I'm not part of the Seahawks organization. I'm keeping him on my bench and just waiting.

Edited by CD6405

I'm thinking they play him this week because it should be an "easy" game. It'll give him a chance to get some good game reps to truly test the foot & get his confidence up.

+ 1

I doubt they'd want to throw him into a must-win game against a tough opponenent right away. I think they relish this opportunity, against a team they should beat, to be able to bring him into the game. Even if he falters or suffers a setback, they should still be able to overcome it.

And I'm with the "if he plays, he starts" fantasy philosophy. I'm sure he wants to make a statement his first game back, and if its this weekend, then a fantasy owner would be remiss not to take advantage of his "welcome back" date. Holmgren has been chomping at the bit to get him back....if he has him back, and he is pain-free, I think he uses him extensively.

You guys I think are thinking in terms of fantasy football, not real football. You are thinking it's physically an easy matchup for Alexander cause it is easy to score fantasy points on the 49ers.....

But this is the NFL, no matter how "easy" it is for a team to win does not mean a player's foot would be under any less stress or less open to re-injury.

Alexander is no less open to re-injury playing SF as oppose to playing the bears this week. His foot will go thru the same stress regardless of opponent. It's his own body weight and stress from cutting that will be doing damage to his foot, not the opposition.

Edited by SteelerMurf

You guys I think are thinking in terms of fantasy football, not real football. You are thinking it's physically an easy matchup for Alexander cause it is easy to score fantasy points on the 49ers.....

But this is the NFL, no matter how "easy" it is for a team to win does not mean a player's foot would be under any less stress or less open to re-injury.

Alexander is no less open to re-injury playing SF as oppose to playing the bears this week. His foot will go thru the same stress regardless of opponent. It's his own body weight and stress from cutting that will be doing damage to his foot, not the opposition.

I've seen it go both ways, I've sat players coming back & they had huge games. I've also played guys coming back & they did nothing. With most players it's probably not a risk worth taking. However with Alexander I defer to his ability, potential, history & matchup. Based just on what he has consistantly done ever since he was named the starter in Seattle, I think he is worth the risk.

Just to give a different perpsective, I am 4-6 and want to lose the rest of my games to get a higher pick next year...I am starting Alexander BECAUSE I don't think he does much of anything...

:D You should always put forth your best effort IMO.

I definately think Morris will get most of the carries, with Alexander maybe down around the goal line. I think it all depends on how practice goes this week for Alexander...yep ease him in some this game and let Morris get most of the work...I am sure Morris will be happy for a breather now and again... :D

How is starting Alexander not putting forth my best effort? If I wanted to tank, I would start Rhodes instead...Is it also illegal to hope you don't win?

Who do you think will score the most points this week, Alexander or Rhodes?

Alexander

Have you SEEN the Colts lately? Rhodes is an afterthought

Then why are you saying that you are playing him because you want to lose? :D

Just to give a different perpsective, I am 4-6 and want to lose the rest of my games to get a higher pick next year...I am starting Alexander BECAUSE I don't think he does much of anything...

Don't you think starting Rhodes over Alexander is far different than starting Alexander and hoping he doesn't do well...

But you didn't say you "hoped" he wouldn't do well. You said you were starting him "because" you thought he wouldn't which would mean you think you have better options but you're not starting them because you want to lose...quite a difference there.

But you didn't say you "hoped" he wouldn't do well. You said you were starting him "because" you thought he wouldn't which would mean you think you have better options but you're not starting them because you want to lose...quite a difference there.

I am also starting Eli and I don't think he will do well at JAX...

No matter how "easy" it is for a team to win does not mean a player's foot would be under any less stress or less open to re-injury.

I agree with you wholeheartedly that the foot holding up is the biggest issue, and that the opponent bears little in terms of beaing a factor in this regard.

But the fact that he is playing Sf reflects on him coming back in another way. It always takes time to get your rhythm back, your timing down, your chemistry with the team in its current state, etc. Think about what it takes to run the ball....guards pulling at the right time, holes opening for a split second, etc. The OL has become accustomed to having Morris there, and as of late, they have started to gel.

Alexander probably won't even miss a beat....but if he does, and he is somewhat sub-par in his first game back, at least Holmgren has the comfort of knowing they are playing SF (a team they should beat regardless), rather than IND, CHI, or SD, where every possession could be the difference in winning or losing.

I would venture to say that if they were playing in a dogfight, and if Alexander stumbled, they would have no hesitancy in getting Morris in there. But since they are playing SF, they can perhaps afford themselves some time during the game/1st half to get their chemistry/timing back, under game conditions.

That's why the opponent makes a difference.

He isn't saying he's putting a crap team out in order to lose, he's saying he hopes his best team loses.

That's fine, I understand if that's what he meant. That's just not what he said. Starting players "because" you want to lose is uncool, starting your best & "hoping" you lose despite it is not.

Again, that is not what he said.

Shaun Alexander-RB- Seahawks Nov. 15 - 6:50 pm et

Alexander practices, appears ready

Posted by Mike Sando @ 03:39:46 pm

The Seahawks have finished practicing. RB Shaun Alexander appeared to be full strength in his first practice since suffering a broken left foot two months ago. Alexander seemed comfortable running and changing direction. This is where we provide the usual disclaimer -- it all depends on how the foot responds tomorrow -- but it appears as though Alexander passed a significant hurdle in his return today.

Source: Seahawks Insider Blog

Shaun Alexander (foot) was upgraded to questionable for Week 11, but Mike Holmgren cautioned that Alexander wouldn't play "the whole game" if he plays.

Source: The News Tribune

Edited by RussMan