[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

KRob lucks out

Randall

Are there more charges or is this it? Probabtion violations maybe?

"ST. PETER, Minn. -- Green Bay Packers wide receiver Koren Robinson will have to serve 90 days in jail for fleeing police last August, a prosecutor said.

Robinson was sentenced in Nicollet County Court on Tuesday for leading officers on a high-speed chase from St. Peter to Mankato during Vikings training camp. Robinson was a Viking in 2005.

Assistant County Attorney Paul Tanis said Robinson will be on probation for three years. He'll also have to do 80 hours of community service and pay a $1,500 fine.

Robinson spent the 2001-04 seasons with the Seattle Seahawks.

Tanis said Robinson is to report to the county jail by March 1, although he can arrange to serve the 90-day sentence in Wisconsin if he chooses to do so.

Robinson can also serve the sentence at the same time he serves 90 days for violating his probation in a separate drunken-driving case in Kirkland, Wash., last year.

Robinson showed remorse in court Tuesday -- saying he's been attending Alcoholics Anonymous meetings and trying to avoid alcohol.

90 days in jail doesn't necessarily seem like a cake walk. I'm not familiar with the case. How is K-rob lucking out?

By getting 90 days for what he did running concurrently with his sentence from Washington. He can do both at the same time and do it in Wisconsin if he wishes.

Most people who did what he did would get more time.

As far as his NFL suspension goes, how many weeks of the regular season will he have to miss in this upcoming season? :D

I think he comes back the 15th of October. His last game was October 8th last year.

Edited by Randall

90 days in jail doesn't necessarily seem like a cake walk. I'm not familiar with the case. How is K-rob lucking out?

Violation of probation, multiple DUI offender and involved in a high speed chase with police. Charged with multiple felonys...90 days in jail? The criminal justice system at it's finest!

Edit: 90 days is what he was already had to serve with the prior probation...so basically he serves no time for the second DUI and the high speed chases because he can serve them at the same time...

Edited by Outshined

By getting 90 days for what he did running concurrently with his sentence from Washington. He can do both at the same time and do it in Wisconsin if he wishes.

Most people who did what he did would get more time.

I think he comes back the 15th of October. His last game was October 8th last year.

Violation of probation, multiple DUI offender and involved in a high speed chase with police. Charged with multiple felonys...90 days in jail? The criminal justice system at it's finest!

So he has to serve two 90 day sentences or 1 along with 3 years of probabtion? I'm aware what he did, but not familiar of what he was specifically charged with are what the range of typical sentences are.

So he has to serve two 90 day sentences or 1 along with 3 years of probabtion? I'm aware what he did, but not familiar of what he was specifically charged with are what the range of typical sentences are.

Sounds like he would be serving both sentences at the same time for a total of 90 days, plus the 3 years of probation.

Something seems off - he already had a 90 day jail sentence, now pleads guilty to more crimes, gets a seperate 90 day jail sentence....but by serving one 90 day stretch, fulfills both sentences....even in our wonderful system, that seems like somethign got lost in translation.

Sounds like he would be serving both sentences at the same time for a total of 90 days, plus the 3 years of probation.

That's right. They could make him serve time in Washington and in Minnesota. If he starts March 1 he would be done June 1, before training camp. If he is in Green bay he may be able to attend training camp on furlough.

I hope he stays straight. He is being given a great opportunity.

That's right. They could make him serve time in Washington and in Minnesota. If he starts March 1 he would be done June 1, before training camp. If he is in Green bay he may be able to attend training camp on furlough.

He can't have any contact with the team because he is suspended for a year.

Since he is suspended through week 5 of the regular season by the NFL, would they allow him to attend training camp?

And to think, if this guy was able to keep him drinking at least somewhat under control, he could've continued his mediocre play a la Antonio Freeman while stashing enough away in the bank for a lifetime supply of Jack Daniels.

Fishing again?

I don't know how he was playing mediocre... He's a pro bowl return specialst.

Since he is suspended through week 5 of the regular season by the NFL, would they allow him to attend training camp?

He can't have any contact with the team because he is suspended for a year.

Outshined is correct. Remember Brett Favre calling the league out on this? He thinks if you truley want a guy to get through there problem, the last thing they need to do is to ban him from having contact with the team. I think he should be allowed to be with the team, just not able to do anything on the field.

I thought players did go to TC even though suspended and once the season started had to stay away. My mistake.

I thought Ricky did that when he was suspended.

I thought players did go to TC even though suspended and once the season started had to stay away. My mistake.

I thought Ricky did that when he was suspended.

Im fairly certain that you may not have any contact with the team or facilities...

Remember Favre being pissed and talking about how the league was screwing up?

Im fairly certain that you may not have any contact with the team or facilities...

Remember Favre being pissed and talking about how the league was screwing up?

When Ricky came back from suspensin (after non-retirement) he was in TC but had to leave when the season started. Perhaps because his suspension hadn't yet started.

When Ricky came back from suspensin (after non-retirement) he was in TC but had to leave when the season started. Perhaps because his suspension hadn't yet started.

The 4-game suspension had not started until the end of the pre-season. His 1-year suspension started immediately.