[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

John Carney = class act!

rajncajn

Apparently he's not retiring after all, but he is leaving the Saints & had this to say.

http://blog.nola.com/times-picayune/2007/0...t_retiring.html

Always one of the most community-minded individuals in the locker room, Carney prepared a statement to express his appreciation for the time he and his family spent in New Orleans. It read:

To the Faithful of New Orleans:

My time of wearing the Fleur de Lis has come to a close. For six seasons, I have been blessed and privileged to represent the most faithful, loyal fans that the NFL has to offer. This was never so evident than during this magical season of 2006. Monday night football will never reach the pitch and purpose it met on the night of September 25th.

New Orleans is a city regaining its strength and swagger, and the Saints are proud to be leading the way. My family and I have been forever imprinted with the style, culture and kindness of the South. Through triumphs and tragedies, the perseverance and integrity of the New Orleans' people is far stronger than politics and hurricanes.

I leave New Orleans a far better man, looking for a team in need of a wrinkled foot, sure to soon be missing great friends of the South, with the knowledge that my taste buds will always yearn for one more Drago's charbroiled oyster!

May God bless the city of New Orleans. Thank ya'll for the support and class you showed me during my Saint's career. Best wishes and God speed,

John Carney

I hope he lands well. :D

The way Mare kicks, he may be back on Bourbon Street before you know it.

But indeed, it is nice to see a class act...

Agreed...I don't understand the move but this is something every athlete should take note of.

If Briggs gets his wish, think he'll follow suit? :D

:D to carney.

bledsoe ran a similarly themed newspaper ad in both the globe and herald after he was traded to buffalo. say what you will about that guy, but he'll always be a class act in my eyes.

Cool. Reminds me of Bledsoe when he left New England.

He only played there 6 years? I thought it was longer.

Yeah, really. It seems like he was in NOLA for at least a decade. Seems like a swell guy. I wish him nothing but the best. I have no idea what the Saints see in Mare. Is that really an upgrade at K?

Yeah, really. It seems like he was in NOLA for at least a decade. Seems like a swell guy. I wish him nothing but the best. I have no idea what the Saints see in Mare. Is that really an upgrade at K?

If it means we only have to carry one kicker I guess so. :D