[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

nice start to the day

Bier Meister

I prefer my wife to start the day out differently for me... not that that ever happens... well, one time.

I had cottage cheese and blueberries for breakfast. Probably gonna have some chili and either a tuna sandwich or a chicken breast for lunch.

How do you make your pancakes Bier? Do you slice up the bananas into the batter, or do you mash them? Do you have any special recipe?

Good Eats the other night was on pancakes. I Tivoed it. May have to make my own pancake mix (no more Bisquick or whatever it is we use) and give it a shot. And may have to go get me an electric griddle to make it easier to regulate the temperature. The one Alton was using seemed pretty slick.

How do you make your pancakes Bier? Do you slice up the bananas into the batter, or do you mash them? Do you have any special recipe?

these were just from a mix. but, even when i use a mix at home i'll trow in some vanilla and cinnamon, or oj or something. i typically mash them in, but have been slicing them this week. i've been liking the carmelization from having them touch the pan when flipped.

Tell me it was the real thing! God I love the 100% stuff. There are few things tastier than amazingly good coffee.

100% I'll be bringing home 4-5 pounds for myself this time around.

Good Eats the other night was on pancakes. I Tivoed it. May have to make my own pancake mix (no more Bisquick or whatever it is we use) and give it a shot. And may have to go get me an electric griddle to make it easier to regulate the temperature. The one Alton was using seemed pretty slick.

I've been using Alton's recipe for pancakes for years. I refuse to buy mix anymore. I cook pancakes pretty regularly and try all kinds of combo. I ladle the batter on the griddle and then put the topping onto each individual pancake. My boys' favorite is either chocolate chip or mini m&m's. I prefer blueberries with cinnamon, and my wife like chocolate chips. Sliced bananas with choc chips or cinnamon is nice and every now and then I go cut up apples real thin and add cinnamon. It's good.

The last time I had 100% Kona was when I made Kid Cid's Coffee Stout. And amazing brew of sophistication and enlightenment. Made for quite the pick-me-up.

I ladle the batter on the griddle and then put the topping onto each individual pancake.

sometimes i put fruit in the batter, sometimes i don't.... i like when the flavor of raspberries, blueberries, etc. permeate throughout the whole batter.

at home i use a mix about 30-40% of the times i make pancakes or waffles. i am almost an all or nothing guy when it comes to pancakes..... i either like them as a big puff pancake, given here, or large, flat ones (swedish/german)- i like the crispiness of them.

sometimes i put fruit in the batter, sometimes i don't.... i like when the flavor of raspberries, blueberries, etc. permeate throughout the whole batter.

Mix the batter and fruit in a blender - the cakes come out some funky colors, but taste pretty good.