[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Culpepper to be a Packer?

irish

Complete hearsay, but i read on another board someone claimed they heard on a sports broadcast, not sure which one, that the super secret player was Corey Dillon. We'll see though.

Read that too.

It is not Dillon. His agent (per WSSP Michael Clemmons) said that the Packers are not interested in Dillon, and, it is highly unlikely that Dillon will be playing football this year. Agents are usually only too happy to let the world know of any interest from any team so I believe it.

Larry Johnson's agent went out of his way, however, in the Kansas interview of saying that the Packers had the most interest of any team for a trade for Larry Johnson.

By the way, of Thompson's first draft class, 2005, only 6 of the 11 players he drafted are still with the team. Not exactly a high success rate after only two years into the job.

No, it isn't - but by the same token, the top 2 draft picks from Ron Wolf's first draft were disappointing (T-Buck) or never played (D'Onofrio).

With Terrence Murphy's neck injury, I'm willing to give a mulligan - he looked like a contributor; so with the caveat that Rodgers provides depth at the most vital position and appears to be willing to take as much of a leadership role as backup QB provides, I think it's fair to say Thompson's top 5 picks in that draft are OK - Rodgers (QB of the future), Collins (starting S), Murphy (good-looking player until unfortunate injury, not TT's fault), Underwood (could've started opposite Collins if not for knee injury; in the mix for starting S this year), and Poppinga (starting SLB). Plus Mike Montgomery contributes on the DL.

And if you mention that as a failure, that's fine - but I think you at least have to give credit on the '05 picks, because that draft looks like a franchise-builder - not so much as in getting the big-name superstar, but as in providing solid starters and depth across the board - Hawk looks like he has the potential to be a Pro Bowl player, but aside from that, you got 3 good, young OLs, and a promising WR, plus players who at the very least give good depth at CB, S, DL, LB, and CB.

It's not fair to judge Thompson on either draft though - he may have gotten lucky in '05 or unlucky in '04. That's why we need to see how this draft develops - it's the rubber match, in a sense. Harrell, Jackson, and Jones are going to be counted on to be immediate contributors, and we haven't even seen them in pads yet. It's too early to tell.

Larry Johnson's agent went out of his way, however, in the Kansas interview of saying that the Packers had the most interest of any team for a trade for Larry Johnson.

Let me stay that trading for a talent like Larry Johnson's makes sense.

Saying TED THOMPSON is going to trade for a talented guy who will immediately hold out for a new contract does not sound like reality - if GB has the "most interest" in trading for LJ, that says to me that there isn't much interest.

Saying TED THOMPSON is going to trade for a talented guy who will immediately hold out for a new contract does not sound like reality - if GB has the "most interest" in trading for LJ, that says to me that there isn't much interest.

Yeah, no way do I see him landing in Green Bay...

Has LJ been given permission to seek a trade? If not then how does anyone know who is the most interested? If they are stating they are interested, whether they are or not, wouldn't that be tampering?

Has LJ been given permission to seek a trade? If not then how does anyone know who is the most interested? If they are stating they are interested, whether they are or not, wouldn't that be tampering?

Shouldn't you be somewhere jerking off to swimsuit photos of Tom Landry?

I think Jacksonville is a good fit for him.

A) He gets to stay in Florida (close to home)

and

:D He plays like crap in cold weather. I'm not saying it won't happen, but if it's between GB and Jax, I think he goes to Jax (since he's his own agent).

I think Jacksonville is a good fit for him.

A) He gets to stay in Florida (close to home)

and

:D He plays like crap in cold weather. I'm not saying it won't happen, but if it's between GB and Jax, I think he goes to Jax (since he's his own agent).

You can also add C...

C) Jacksonville is the only team dumb enough to have any interest in him.

By the way, of Thompson's first draft class, 2005, only 6 of the 11 players he drafted are still with the team. Not exactly a high success rate after only two years into the job.

I would consider 6 of 11 to be pretty good.

Obviously you haven't been watching Carl Peterson draft for 20 years. :D