[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Leftwich cut!

URLACHERisGOD

I'm not following the logic here...are you saying if Leftwich winds up in Seattle, that Wallace is closer to starting? Hasselbeck?

:D

I am tired today, perhaps I'm a bit slow...

i think sea is toying with moving Seneca to WR

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good thing for all parties. Horrible timing. I'd fire Del Rio just alone for the timing.

Leftwich is a far better QB than Garrard. Del Rio tired of Lefty's injury plagued ways. Lefty will land on his feet with a great shot of being the starter somewhere in 2008.

Edited by cory_n_az

Since he won't be traded with a $5 million salary this year, he may not be released until SAT. Once released, it could be a mini-bidding war between several teams needing a veteran backup.

Since he won't be traded with a $5 million salary this year, he may not be released until SAT. Once released, it could be a mini-bidding war between several teams needing a veteran backup.

Oakland? Minny? Jets? Cleveland? Kansas City? (and dare I say, Atlanta?)

Oh wait.... outside of the Jets, the rest of those teams should just save their money and cap space.

Edited by TDFFFreak

Agreed, but with THAT good of a defense and four cake-walk games a year against HOU and TEN, there's no excuse for their 0-1 playoff record over that time.

HOU a cakewalk?! HOU has JAX's number. Of course, HOU benefitted from Leftwich.

Given that they already have Engram and Burleson as slot options, I kind of doubt that.

ummm ok you doubt it :D

there have been brunell to sea rumors floating around, if that happened that would mean that Holmgren COULD probably make a move and sleep at night.

now whenever you are ready to admit you are wrong go right ahead and we will forgive you(maybe :D )

Seneca Wallace Tempting PR/WR

Posted by Aaron Fentress August 23, 2007 20:10PM

Categories: Seahawks Update

Backup QB Seneca Wallace is considered by many to be the best all-around athlete on the team. A lot of good that does the Seahawks when he's on the bench.

Wallace signed a contract extension this week and is committed to being a quarterback. But he has taken punts in practice and he certainly can play some wide receiver. But don't count on it.

"If there was a way that I could sleep at night and put him on the field I would do it," Seattle coach Mike Holmgren said. "I can't do it right now but if I could figure out a way to do it, I'd do it."

Probably best not to considering his value should starter Matt Hasselbeck go down. But it has to be tempting.

Adding to the fear is the injury to third-team QB David Greene, who threw three interceptions last week against Green Bay and is now out with an injury.

That places Derek Devine (Canby H.S.), an undrafted rookie free agent at No. 3. Devine's only meaningful action since high school came in junior college.

So, risking Wallace with the distinct prospects of falling back on Devine should something go wrong is not very appealing.

No offense to Devine, but he is a project.

AJF

Print | Permalink (Learn More)

Edited by keggerz

That is all they played last year. their schedule was simple.

You are a fokn tard.

They beat:

Dallas, playoff team

Shutout the Superbowl The only 6 time Super Bowl Winners and YOUR DADDY

7 point loss to Indy

6 point loss to Wash

41-0 over NYJ

houston... :D

STOMPED PHILLY

STOMPED TENN 37-7

STOMPED NY GIANTS 26-10

3 point loss to Buff

killed Miami

Who won the superbowl last year? Yeah, thats right, STOMPED indy 44-17

Held Tenn to 90 yards offense, zero first downs

3 point loss to NE

5 point loss to KC

Stick that in your puss@y and smoke it, easy schedule my ass... friggin idiot.

Now this year? Easy schedule. :D

ummm ok you doubt it :D

there have been brunell to sea rumors floating around, if that happened that would mean that Holmgren COULD probably make a move and sleep at night.

now whenever you are ready to admit you are wrong go right ahead and we will forgive you(maybe :D )

How exactly would Brunell-to-Seattle rumors support the Seahawks moving Wallace to WR? It seems to me that it would move him to third-string QB. At least this quote suggests so...

But he has taken punts in practice and he certainly can play some wide receiver. But don't count on it.

The few games that I've seen Wallace at QB suggests that he's a halfway decent backup. And since decent NFL QBs who can competently execute a complex WCO don't exactly grow on trees, I don't see why they'd want to move him to WR when they already have a lot of depth there. Or did you mean that SEA is "toying with using Wallace as a practice squad WR/third-string QB"? Given that many (if not most) teams deactivate their fifth-string WRs on game day, making Wallace a full-time WR would be counter-productive. He'd have to retain his status as a backup QB for the move to make any sense.

Edited by Bill Swerski

I'm not following the logic here...are you saying if Leftwich winds up in Seattle, that Wallace is closer to starting? Hasselbeck?

:D

I am tired today, perhaps I'm a bit slow...

I think he is intimating that Wallace may supplant both Hackett and Burleson at WR2 if Lefty comes to town. He is one hell of an athlete.

I just want to thank you "Huddle" guys. Last week in one of my 12 man leagues (2 starting QB's), I remember reading a thread on here about how the Jags were not very happy with Leftwich, so I drafted Garrard in the 19th round. Nice to pick up a starter that late in the draft. BOOOOOOOOOOYAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmm The Jags snuck up before the Vikings to grab Leftwich, the Vikings ended up with all-pro Kevin Williams. I wonder if Tice has something to do with this. Maybe he is vindicating himself :D

The Jags stole Leftwich from the Ravens who were stuck with Boller. With old man McNair, maybe Billick will take another shot at Byron? :D

[HIJACK]

How exactly would Brunell-to-Seattle rumors support the Seahawks moving Wallace to WR? It seems to me that it would move him to third-string QB. At least this quote suggests so...

The few games that I've seen Wallace at QB suggests that he's a halfway decent backup. And since decent NFL QBs who can competently execute a complex WCO don't exactly grow on trees, I don't see why they'd want to move him to WR when they already have a lot of depth there. Or did you mean that SEA is "toying with using Wallace as a practice squad WR/third-string QB"? Given that many (if not most) teams deactivate their fifth-string WRs on game day, making Wallace a full-time WR would be counter-productive. He'd have to retain his status as a backup QB for the move to make any sense.

Bill you are suffering from SCD better known as Selective Comprehension Disorder which is very similar to SHD(selective hearing disorder)...

Now its ok to be wrong, i know its not easy for you but come on give me your hand and I will walk you thru this...

1. Dont PARTIALLY quote something to fit your stance. People see the truth. Come on and see it with us.

2. Stop thinking and just read, drink it in...dont put your perceptions to it..take it for what it is.

3. Breath deeply, exhale ok there you go you should be all better now....and just to make sure you dont have a relapse i am going to break it down for you so you can see the error in your ways....

1st lets look at the entire holmgren quote again(its the bolded part):the red is to help you understand why you are wrong :wacko:

Seneca Wallace Tempting PR/WR

Posted by Aaron Fentress August 23, 2007 20:10PM

Categories: Seahawks Update

Backup QB Seneca Wallace is considered by many to be the best all-around athlete on the team. A lot of good that does the Seahawks when he's on the bench.

Wallace signed a contract extension this week and is committed to being a quarterback. But he has taken punts in practice and he certainly can play some wide receiver. But don't count on it.

"If there was a way that I could sleep at night and put him on the field I would do it, (this refers to not having Wallace as a QB, the reason he can't do it is because he doesn't have a back up to Hasslebeck if he did move Wallace(ie: David Greene is the #3 QB but he is injured and has NO NFL starting experience)" Seattle coach Mike Holmgren said. "I can't do it right now) again this pertains to the fact that Wallace is currently the back up but if I could figure out a way to do it (like get another back up QB you know a guy like Brunell), I'd do it.(see if he was able to acquire another back up QB you know like Brunell then the coach says he would do it...nothing about making him active and all that other mumbo jumbo you previously wrote...the COACH said HE WOULD DO IT)"

Probably best not to considering his value should starter Matt Hasselbeck go down. But it has to be tempting.

Adding to the fear is the injury to third-team QB David Greene, who threw three interceptions last week against Green Bay and is now out with an injury.

That places Derek Devine (Canby H.S.), an undrafted rookie free agent at No. 3. Devine's only meaningful action since high school came in junior college.

So, risking Wallace with the distinct prospects of falling back on Devine should something go wrong is not very appealing.

No offense to Devine, but he is a project.

AJF

Print | Permalink (Learn More)

OK, hopefully that will help you to overcome your SCD...I know it wont be easy for you...you will get the urge to reply to this and be combative because you need to be right...but its ok just resist that urge..its ok to be wrong every now and then....now go ahead hit the quote button and say THANK YOU for helping me see the error in my ways.

:D do it now! :D

[/HIJACK]