[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Add Shaun Alexander to the list of 1st round busts

NYCDOG

I picked him 7th as well in my main 10-team league. Been a little weak. I was debating Alexander vs Westbrook at that point. Done? I dunno. Steelers were crazy tough today. I do have Jacobs (NYG) coming back so I suppose it could start to be a debate. My other starter is Edge. Didn't exactly light it on fire today either (a little time left tho).

Get this, I had Alexander, Hasselbeck and Branch started in this league. They've been doing well for me so far, so why not? I was leading in total points and 3-1 (loss by only 3 points). This is gonna be a down week.

And just to make this game the worst around for me in a while, in another less important league with 16 teams, I have Davenport, on my bench, of course. Argh!

At least Burress picked up at the end of his game. Otherwise I think the Tragedy Lineup tomorrow would look a lot like mine. Still could, maybe Gates will have a bust day too....

This guy is killing me. I had the seventh pick in two of my leagues this year and took him in both. What a mistake, he's a shell of his former self.

I may have to bench him going forward

Uh...ya...How about LJ, Rudi, Gore, or Maroney. He's had two 70+ yard games and two 100+ yard games before today. Maybe not what you hope for your 1st round, but I wouldn't be so down on him yet.

Uh...ya...How about LJ, Rudi, Gore, or Maroney. He's had two 70+ yard games and two 100+ yard games before today. Maybe not what you hope for your 1st round, but I wouldn't be so down on him yet.

That's why I said "add him" to the list of first round busts. He used to have an uncanny nose for the endzone, which is clearly not the case anymore.

And I wouldn't consider Maroney a first round pick.

That's why I said "add him" to the list of first round busts. He used to have an uncanny nose for the endzone, which is clearly not the case anymore.

How many trips inside the red zone did Seattle have today? :D

He still runs hard near the endzone, he really hasn't had that many opportunities thus far. The O-line for Seattle hasn't really opened up holes for the running game thus far either, and that is my biggest concern as a Hawk fan and should be also for SA owners.

What bet? That Sante Asamuel won't get franchised, Djax won't get traded, and that DJ Hackect will get more catches than Branch?

Sure, PM me and I'll give you my paypal address. :D

Actually I was the one saying Asante Samuel WOULD get franchised.

Furthermore, the DJax trade KILLED us yesterday.

DJ Hacket WILL end the season with more catches than Branch.

However, this particular bet is about Shaun Alexander finishing the season as a top-10 back, basically whatever scoring system you want to use. I will take paypal, wire, or cash, not sure I trust too many of you with checks!!

Uhh...

So far this season, he has 49 rushing yards more than LT, 72 more rushing yards than Gore, 103 more rushing yards than LJ. Sure, he's only 11th in the league in rushing yards, but he's only 6yds away from being #9 and 48yds from being #5.

Sure, he's only seen paydirt twice this year so far, but I'd have a real hard time calling him a disappointment compared to LT, Gore, LJ and SJax...all of whom where drafted significantly higher than he was...

Let me clarify my comments to a few of you who may be missing my original point. I said to "add" SA to the list of first round busts. I am not comparing him to LT, LJ, Gore and SJax who are ALREADY considered 1st round busts (although it may be premature to call LT a bust). I am not comparing their levels of "bustitude", if you will, to that of SA.

Whether you want to blame his O-line, fractured wrist, or whatever, he simply is not getting it done. And I'm not just talking about this past week. He had a number of opportunities in the red zone the prior two weeks and still was not able to score.

As for the Seattle fan who is laughing about possibly benching SA, let me ask you this. If in addition to SA you had Adrian Peterson (Minn), Portis, KJ and Ahman Green, would you blindly start SA every week? I don't think it's a no brainer by an means.

Let me clarify my comments to a few of you who may be missing my original point. I said to "add" SA to the list of first round busts. I am not comparing him to LT, LJ, Gore and SJax who are ALREADY considered 1st round busts (although it may be premature to call LT a bust). I am not comparing their levels of "bustitude", if you will, to that of SA.

Whether you want to blame his O-line, fractured wrist, or whatever, he simply is not getting it done. And I'm not just talking about this past week. He had a number of opportunities in the red zone the prior two weeks and still was not able to score.

As for the Seattle fan who is laughing about possibly benching SA, let me ask you this. If in addition to SA you had Adrian Peterson (Minn), Portis, KJ and Ahman Green, would you blindly start SA every week? I don't think it's a no brainer by an means.

I think the comments you are getting is because Alexander is on pace to get over 1200 yards rushing and 8 TD's. and is capable of improving on those numbers. just early to call him a bust.

name='NYCDOG' date='10/8/07 12:42pm' post='2224733']

Well, SA has some culpability for some rather slow starts, not running hard, whatever etc.....But I still contend that he still turns it up a notch near the end zone. As far as the redzone opportunities go, he really hasn't had a ton of opportunities to score.

Week 1 against TB:

3-12-SEA 44 (3:54) (Shotgun) 8-M.Hasselbeck pass deep middle to 84-B.Engram to TB 7 for 49 yards (23-J.Phillips).

1-7-TB 7 (3:05) 8-M.Hasselbeck pass incomplete short right to 83-D.Branch (94-G.Spires).

2-7-TB 7 (3:02) 8-M.Hasselbeck pass incomplete short right to 83-D.Branch.

3-7-TB 7 (2:57) 37-S.Alexander right end to TB 10 for -3 yards (55-D.Brooks).

1-10-TB 14 (1:35) 8-M.Hasselbeck pass short right to 88-M.Pollard to TB 6 for 8 yards (28-T.Jackson).

2-2-TB 6 (1:05) 37-S.Alexander right guard for 6 yards, TOUCHDOWN. Play Challenged by Replay Assistant and REVERSED. 37-S.Alexander right guard to TB 1 for 5 yards (20-R.Barber).

1-1-TB 1 (:58) 37-S.Alexander left guard for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN.

Week 2 against Arizona

3-9-SEA 49 (10:56) 8-M.Hasselbeck pass short middle to 84-B.Engram to ARI 25 for 26 yards (21-A.Rolle).

1-10-ARI 25 (10:20) 8-M.Hasselbeck pass short left to 38-M.Strong to ARI 19 for 6 yards (42-T.Holt).

2-4-ARI 19 (9:37) 8-M.Hasselbeck pass incomplete short middle to 83-D.Branch (90-D.Dockett).

3-4-ARI 19 (9:33) 37-S.Alexander left tackle to ARI 16 for 3 yards (58-K.Dansby).

4-1-ARI 16 (8:47) 37-S.Alexander left tackle for 16 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

1-10-ARI 15 (4:35) 37-S.Alexander right tackle to ARI 10 for 5 yards (97-C.Pace).

2-5-ARI 10 (3:46) (Shotgun) 8-M.Hasselbeck pass incomplete short right to 88-M.Pollard.

3-5-ARI 10 (3:43) 8-M.Hasselbeck pass incomplete short right to 84-B.Engram.

2-4-ARI 46 (11:51) 8-M.Hasselbeck pass short right to 83-D.Branch pushed ob at ARI 19 for 27 yards (42-T.Holt).

Timeout #1 by SEA at 11:18.

1-10-ARI 19 (11:18) 37-S.Alexander right tackle to ARI 16 for 3 yards (58-K.Dansby).

2-7-ARI 16 (10:39) 8-M.Hasselbeck pass incomplete short left to 81-N.Burleson.

3-7-ARI 16 (10:35) 38-M.Strong up the middle to ARI 10 for 6 yards (24-A.Wilson).

Week 3 red-zone opportunities

1-10-CIN 11 (7:21) 8-M.Hasselbeck pass short right to 81-N.Burleson to CIN 8 for 3 yards (57-Dh.Jones, 94-D.Peko).

2-7-CIN 8 (6:47) 37-S.Alexander right tackle to CIN 5 for 3 yards (97-J.Thornton, 57-Dh.Jones).

3-4-CIN 5 (6:09) 8-M.Hasselbeck pass incomplete short middle to 81-N.Burleson.

Edited by bushwacked

Both Alexander and Gore, barring injury, will score among the top 12 backs by year end.

LJ is a bust if you just followed the crowd and ranked him that high. The writing on the wall was very clear IMO.

Maroney was never a #1.

LT will be top 5 as others have mentioned; had a darn good game this weekend until getting pulled.

So, everything looks OK to me. :D

I think the comments you are getting is because Alexander is on pace to get over 1200 yards rushing and 8 TD's. and is capable of improving on those numbers. just early to call him a bust.

Well not to split hairs, but he's on pace for 6-7 TDs, which is certainly not 1st round material. I certainly hope he does improve on this projection but his rushing schedule the rest of the way out is not the most favorable (next two weeks aside). I suppose his next two games against mediocre teams will be a good litmus test. But with Branch possibly out (and Hackett still out), I think SA is going to see a lot of stacked lines until some WRs get healthy.

I'm in a standard performance league, which is obviously heavily TD weighted, so his lack of TDs are hurting.

How many trips inside the red zone did Seattle have today? :D

He still runs hard near the endzone, he really hasn't had that many opportunities thus far. The O-line for Seattle hasn't really opened up holes for the running game thus far either, and that is my biggest concern as a Hawk fan and should be also for SA owners.

Well, it's not like the guy is blaming SA for all this. None the less, if his Oline isn't getting it done, that does sort of make him a bust. I mean, that's a whole lot of why LJ isn't a stud this year. I doubt it's Gore's fault that he's not putting up good numbers so much as the fact that the entire SF offense can't get out of it's own way.

However, when you draft a player in fantasy, you do so based on the fact that he's in position to do well. See Joseph Addai. There were guys trying to get the #1 pick from me and the only reason why I was entertaining offers was because I figured I could land him at #5 and considered him #3 behind LT and Jackson. Looks like I was off by at least one spot if not two.

Not that Alexander is going to return to 2005 form ever, but tonight was a classic trap game that SEA could never get a handle on. Hard to ding Alexander too much on this one game though certainly he is under expectations at the very least.

Yep. a huge trap game just like in Dallas this week. :D

Alexander, Shaun SEA NOS 110 2

Player projections for Alexander this week. Not like I was expecting all of this but a little would of been nice! Why did they take him out??? I guess I'm just pissed cause I was stupid enough to trade for this softy!