[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Looks like Philly found the kryptonite

Cowboyz1

Are you kidding? McNabb was out with a torn ACL, from which he is still recovering.

Back to topic, you guys are not mentioning the one thing the Eagles have that no other team does: Brian Westbrook.

17 for 52 and 1TD, ok fine the threat is there but he didn't exactly do a whole lot to help them in this one. I think they could have used him better last night expecially on the last drive instead of putting it in Feeley's hands inside the 30.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 for 52 and 1TD, ok fine the threat is there but he didn't exactly do a whole lot to help them in this one. I think they could have used him better last night expecially on the last drive instead of putting it in Feeley's hands inside the 30.

The Pats obviously keyed on Westy, and prepared to shut him down. Thus all the receptions over the middle by what we all believe are AVERAGE AT BEST wideouts.

My point is, don't expect other teams to have an open middle to work with, because no one else (outside of the Chargers) has a RB the caliber of Westy to draw that much attention...

The Pats obviously keyed on Westy, and prepared to shut him down. Thus all the receptions over the middle by what we all believe are AVERAGE AT BEST wideouts.

My point is, don't expect other teams to have an open middle to work with, because no one else (outside of the Chargers) has a RB the caliber of Westy to draw that much attention...

and SD also has a TE that knows how to work the middle too

It has a lot more to do with how the Pats CBs cover the wideouts (inside vs. outside technique) and the relative speed of their FS than how far their LBs drop into coverage. You're not going to see Vrabel or Bruschi try to cover a slot receiver 15 yards downfield if they're not keying on a halfback.

Opposing teams have to have the personel to apply this so called "kryptonite" Madden and Michaels saying oppsing teams now have the blue print to beat NE were offbase. It's just a blueprint on how to lose a close game aganist NE.

A healthy Terrance Newman, and Anthony Henry playing, Dallas beats New England. Its that simple. So I hope NE goes undefeated, makes the Super Bowl, so Dallas can wreck their season on the biggest stage and hoist the Lombardi Trophy.

A healthy Terrance Newman, and Anthony Henry playing, Dallas beats New England. Its that simple. So I hope NE goes undefeated, makes the Super Bowl, so Dallas can wreck their season on the biggest stage and hoist the Lombardi Trophy.

:D

first you need someone good enough to man cover moss...

Exactly what I am hoping for............Oh man do I hope that happens......... :D

The Dallas pass rush, got to brady early and often, and forced a TO for TD. Terrance Newman is every bit as fast as Moss, and with 6'5 Pat Watkins covering over the top at FS, Moss wont be a factor next time. Its Wes Welker Dallas needs to contain, and Anthony Henry will be on Donte Stallworth, so that leaves Jacque Reeves on Welker, which is a mismatch. But if Welker goes underneath the whole game vs Dallas, he wont survive the game. Dallas will pound him.

And Roy Williams will be playing LB or will be on the bench next time. Pat Watkins and Ken hamlin are both better in coverage, and Hamlin is more than capable of removing Moss and the ball.

Couple of things:

- blueprint on defense - this wasn't brain surgery. Put pressure on Brady, and watch the outside (meaning give up the middle), and you won't get beat deep. However, not a lot of teams can put that pressure, and not a lot of corners can do what ours did. More importantly, remember one thing - we had 4 offensive possessions before they had their 2nd - that helped slow them out of the gate more than anything.

- I've said again and again, the "running up the score" stuff misses the key point - the other teams couldn't score, partially cause they went one dimensional so quickly. By staying in it, we could do everything we had in the arsenal - pass/run was pretty even or the Eagles till the end, and that allowed us to control the clock.

- The one thing I don't understand - why did the Pats not run at all till 3rd Q. With the way things worked, not sure it matters, but that was an odd gameplan against a team that has had some issues against the run in some games.

- I may be alone among the Eagles faithful in saying this, but : with a healthy McNabb, we win the game....why do I say that when Feely did play a good game if you take out the first two minutes and last three? Because those 5 minutes cost us the game, and McNabb wouldn't have made those two mistakes (the first was just a lack of playing much, the last just a "i'm the man, I can do anything" throw coupled with a bad play call) and I beleive he would have made as many plays as Feely did in between.

- Oh, and I'm not happy - it's about wins and losses, and most importantly, we win that game, we control the 2nd WC spot. Now need to pretty much win out (which we can, but never want to be in that position) or get some help if we lose one more.

It has a lot more to do with how the Pats CBs cover the wideouts (inside vs. outside technique) and the relative speed of their FS than how far their LBs drop into coverage. You're not going to see Vrabel or Bruschi try to cover a slot receiver 15 yards downfield if they're not keying on a halfback.

I have to respectfully disagree.

Was this the first game they played "inside technique"? Answer: No.

So why were the Eagles able to hurt them so extensively, when no one else was able to accomplish this with better WRs and QBs?? Answer: Westbrook. He is the X-factor.

I will agree that, with exception of the Colts, the Eagles gave the Patriots the best run for their money. However the Patriots still put up 24 offensive points, 7 Defensive and only punted twice? Brady threw for almost 400 yards and the Patriots committed no turnovers.

The bigger success came against the Pats D where they were shown to be vulnerable against in-routes. This will most certainly be addressed in practice this week and some defensive adjustment devised.

If anything the blueprint was to be competitive against the Pats because since the Pats still won there is no blueprint to beat them. Yet.

Just curious, why do you have a Chargers avatar and name, when 90% of your posts are boasting about or defending the Patriots ?

So why were the Eagles able to hurt them so extensively, when no one else was able to accomplish this with better WRs and QBs?? Answer: Westbrook. He is the X-factor.

Uh, wrong. The Colts killed them over the middle with Dallas Clark last year. And it wasn't because they were deathly-afraid of Addai.

The Pats secondary was playing outside technique, which was pretty clearly diagramed by Madden. That was the explanation the entire audience was getting as to why the Eagles receivers were working the in routes so effectively.

But hey, he could be wrong.

Just curious, why do you have a Chargers avatar and name, when 90% of your posts are boasting about or defending the Patriots ?

:D He said it was meant for LT himself and not the team. Then said he had no favorite except for those playing the Cowboys.

CB AKA T. Newman is just the man for the job. :D

Reeves is exactly the guy for Wes because Wes is super quick and Reeves has gotten 100% better this year and is just as quick. IF they meet again, healthy, it will be a great game with the Cowboys winning. Henry on Stallworth, Newman on Moss with man over coverage, Reeves on Wes and our front in Brady''s pocket all day. Romo and Co. will do their jobs. We shall see.........we shall see...........

Edited by Cowboyz1

The Pats secondary was playing outside technique, which was pretty clearly diagramed by Madden. That was the explanation the entire audience was getting as to why the Eagles receivers were working the in routes so effectively.

But hey, he could be wrong.

Hey buddy I didn't claim that. Bill did. I'm just saying this wasn't the first game they played that technique. Whatever it was.

Edited by ROYALWITCHEESE

Uh, wrong. The Colts killed them over the middle with Dallas Clark last year. And it wasn't because they were deathly-afraid of Addai.

What does last year have to do with THIS year? Were they killed over the middle against the Colts THIS year? No.

Wayne and Clark had 7-77 COMBINED.

Edited by ROYALWITCHEESE

I do more defending then boasting. :D

:D He said it was meant for LT himself and not the team. Then said he had no favorite except for those playing the Cowboys.

When I made this account it was for fantasy football exclusively and I happen to have the first pick that year and drafted LT to carry my team to a championship. I've become a huge fan of his game and persona even though I haven't had him on my team since. I'm not a Chargers fan, in fact I don't actively root for any team in particular.

I see alot of Patriot hating going on and I for one am in awe of them and their organization and if I were a fan I would hope my team were half as good as the Patriots. Just trying to keep things balanced with all the hating going around with more substanial posts then normal homer bandwagon posts.

Edited by SuperCharger

What does last year have to do with THIS year?

Um, because it's pretty much the same defense. Belichick switches up his game-planning all of the time. Last night, he was conceding the middle of the field and protecting the sidelines for whatever reason. Westbrook, who is covered by a linebacker, doesn't dictate what NE's defensive backs do.

Wayne and Clark had 7-77 COMBINED.

That's because Marvin was out and Belichick put Rodney Harrison directly on Clark (after Clark put up something like 135 against them back in January). Notice also that Addai pwned the Pats D a few weeks ago, while Westbrook was more or less held in check last night.

Edited by Bill Swerski

I do more defending then boasting. :D

When I made this account it was for fantasy football exclusively and I happen to have the first pick that year and drafted LT to carry my team to a championship. I've become a huge fan of his game and persona even though I haven't had him on my team since. I'm not a Chargers fan, in fact I don't actively root for any team in particular.

I see alot of Patriot hating going on and I for one am in awe of them and their organization and if I were a fan I would hope my team were half as good as the Patriots. Just trying to keep things balanced with all the hating going around with more substanial posts then normal homer bandwagon posts.

In other words, you are the ultimate band wagon fan?

Um, because it's pretty much the same defense. Belichick switches up his game-planning all of the time. Last night, he was conceding the middle of the field and protecting the sidelines for whatever reason. Westbrook, who is covered by a linebacker, doesn't dictate what NE's defensive backs do.

Hasn't the Patriots D been bend but don't break for a few years now? They don't have to shut you down they just have to slow you down and have the Offense win the game. Alot of their success this year has been due to the early leads and teams going one dimensional. If a team can stay with the Patriots early you'll see more competetive games. The next step is stopping that O enough to out score them. Alot harder then it sounds.

Hey buddy I didn't claim that. Bill did. I'm just saying this wasn't the first game they played that technique. Whatever it was.

Bill said it was a difference between "inside v outside technique". You just decided that it was "inside" technique. And Madden was saying that the New England secondary normally plays an outside technique. Which would imply that the inside routes would be there for most offenses. Not just because the Eagles had Westbrook and they were focused on him.

This is just what the broadcast was saying. Maybe I got it wrong, but that's how I understood it.

Of course any defense out there would be focused on Westbrook. Just as the Eagles were focused on Moss.

Edited by Sturphy

In other words, you are the ultimate band wagon fan?

Actually no. Of the past several SuperBowl winners I've never rooted for the Colts, Steelers or Ravens. I don't root for the Patriots either on Sunday even though I enjoy watching their games. You don't know me, so refrain from sizing me up.

Although I do root for every team that plays the Cowboys, so I guess I am a bandwagon fan.