[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jamal is a stone cold first round pick next year (IMO)

rai

DMD, et al. -- I don't think I could pick Lewis in the first round either, but I'd be curious to see your projected top 10 or 12 RBs for next year (assuming Jamal returns to Cleveland).

:D

I'll throw a list up:

1) A Peterson

2) J Addai

3) L Tomlinson

4) S Jackson

5) L Johnson

6) C Portis

7) W Parker

8) B Westbrook

9) F Gore

10) W McGahee

11) R Brown

12) M Barber

Possible break-ins depending upon situation: D McFadden, R Grant, B Jacobs, M Lynch, M Jones-Drew

Lewis would be a solid #2 FF RB, but lol at him cracking the 1st round.

I'll throw a list up:

1) A Peterson

2) J Addai

3) L Tomlinson

4) S Jackson

5) L Johnson

6) C Portis

7) W Parker

8) B Westbrook

9) F Gore

10) W McGahee

11) R Brown

12) M Barber

Possible break-ins depending upon situation: D McFadden, R Grant, B Jacobs, M Lynch, M Jones-Drew

Good list, except:

LJ (really?) Jamal has as many rush yards as the entire KC team and twice as many TDs. Jamal > LJ

FWP with 2 TDs this year? You want a guy that scores 2 TDs (one year he had 4 TDs in 15 games)?

MJD is in a RBBC

M. Barber is a RBBC

Brown comming off major knee surgery on a last place team?

Maybe Jamal has some questions but so do those 5 players I listed above.

Jamal is NOT in a RBBC

Jamal is on a top-10 offensive team

Jamal plays 80% of the plays

Jamal got 33 carries in a game this year and 29 times in another and 27 times in another (when he went over 200 yards) (meaning his team likes to run the ball)

Jamal got 4 TDs in one game (meaning his team likes to give him the ball at the 1 or 2 yard line)

Jamal has at least one pass of 40+ yards (meaning he can catch the ball)

Jamal missed the game against Miami (which Clevland scored 41 points) and Jamal missed 90% of the NE game where he had just one carry for 11 yards.

If I'm picking 10, 11 or 12 and I have people like LJ, MJD, Barber, Brown and Jamal left I'm severely tempted to pick Jamal or at least on the come-back (pick 13).

I now accept that Jamal won't be a 1st round pick as Brady and Moss are possible first rounders.

Edited by rai

I change my mind, Jamal is a stone cold 2nd round pick, I mean he's a top-15 RB in FF (even tho he's top-5 this year)

There is no way he's escaping the 2nd round (IMO)

I don't know how you can hate this guy who is just 28 years old and runs hard every time...ran the ball 33 times last week and was running harder as the game went on.

Edited by rai

Good list, except:

LJ (really?) Jamal has as many rush yards as the entire KC team and twice as many TDs. Jamal > LJ

FWP with 2 TDs this year? You want a guy that scores 2 TDs (one year he had 4 TDs in 15 games)?

MJD is in a RBBC

M. Barber is a RBBC

Jamal is NOT in a RBBC

Jamal got 33 carries in a game this year and 29 times in another and 27 times in another (when he went over 200 yards) (meaning his team likes to run the ball)

Jamal got 4 TDs in one game (meaning his team likes to give him the ball at the 1 or 2 yard line)

Jamal missed the game against Miami (which Clevland scored 41 points) and Jamal missed 90% of the NE game where he had just one carry for 11 yards.

If I'm picking 10, 11 or 12 and I have people like LJ, MJD, Barber, Brown and Jamal left I'm severely tempted to pick Jamal or at least on the come-back (pick 13).

I now accept that Jamal won't be a 1st round pick as Brady and Moss are possible first rounders.

i can say this with the utmost confidence: You were approaching a scary level of "man love" for Jamal, a level that may have actually eclipsed what a certain huddler :D has shown for Steve Smith, be careful be very careful because if you do surpass it you will be approaching uncharted waters for "man love" on this board.

Edited by keggerz

Good list, except:

:D LJ had 2 1700+ rushing yd, 17+ rushing TD years prior to this year. You expect to be taken seriously when you post this kind of stuff?

Parker currently has 70 more touches & 300 more total yds than Lewis. He is clearly the go-to RB on a run first team. The TDs will come. He easily is above Lewis on the list given Lewis' penchant for fluke short TDs this year.

MJD is in a RBBC

Taylor will be 32 next year. How long do you expect him to play & keep Jones-Drew off the field?

M. Barber is a RBBC

Julius Jones is a UFA, and DAL isn't too likely to extend him. Barber continues to put up great FF numbers despite being in a RBBC. Imagine what he could do as a featured RB.

Questionable on Brown, but he has very strong NFL skills both running & catching & has little legit competition. If healthy, he belongs on the list.

I was just messing with you guys

I picked Jamal near the end of my draft (I mean way late). Bush (name recognition) was very high in most drafts.

Heck I am considering benching Jamal this week you see I have a delema

It's either:

Jamal vs Cinci

Fred Taylor vs Oak

LT v Den

I can only start 2 RBs

Edited by rai

I'll throw a list up:

1) A Peterson

2) J Addai

3) L Tomlinson

4) S Jackson

5) L Johnson

6) C Portis

7) W Parker

8) B Westbrook

9) F Gore

10) W McGahee

11) R Brown

12) M Barber

Lewis would be a solid #2 FF RB, but lol at him cracking the 1st round.

Interesting...but why would you rank Westbrook so low and AD so high?

Looking at the 2008 crop of top RBs, it certainly appears that everybody will be feeling pretty good about their RB1. The top 12 or 15 have relatively equal upside/downside ratios (which is to say the value from 1 to 15 is a very gradual decline). It reminds me of the WR position before this 2007 season -- it was almost impossible to distinguish between the #1 WR and the #15 WR.

Maybe '08 will be the first year I take a receiver in the first round. :D

I was just messing with you guys

I picked Jamal near the end of my draft (I mean way late). Bush (name recognition) was very high in most drafts.

Heck I am considering benching Jamal this week you see I have a delema

It's either:

Jamal (vs Cinci)

Fred Taylor vs Oak

LT v Den

I can only start 2 RBs

There's no way I'd bench Lewis right now. Sure, Freddy's been pretty good lately, and he's got a great matchup. But you have no idea, week to week, who's going to score the fantasy points in the Jags backfield.

It's the fantasy superbowl. Go with the workhorse; avoid the RBBC.

Interesting...but why would you rank Westbrook so low and AD so high?

AD has a great situation in a superb run D and a questionable passing game. MIN figures to keep it close to the vest and win with run O/D next year unless Jackson takes some huge strides in this coming offseason (and honestly I just can't see that). Given his talent, being at or near the top of the list is appropriate. I liked him before the draft this year to be the next great RB coming out of college - and I mean Emmitt Smith type great, and he's done nothing to dispell that. LT is getting old, and ought to be surrendering the top spot next year.

Westbrook is great & ought to be higher in a ppr league than what I have him here, but next year he may well be breaking in a new QB - probably a virtual rookie in Kolb - and he doesn't have near the D to support him that Peterson does. His numbers figure to drop, even though he does belong on the list & in the top 10.

This of course is complete speculation and highly subjective to other opinions. But it does provide a platform for discussion.

Good list, except:

MJD is in a RBBC

M. Barber is a RBBC

Jamal is NOT in a RBBC

If I'm picking 10, 11 or 12 and I have people like LJ, MJD, Barber, Brown and Jamal left I'm severely tempted to pick Jamal or at least on the come-back (pick 12/13).

I can see your logic here, but only if things remain at status quo.

However the chances of things remaining static are slim to none & slim just left town.

Just one example of what may happen next year.

I'm about 99.9% sure Julius Jones will not be a Cowboy next year, leaving MB III as the main man for Dallas. If that plays out, I'd take MB III over Lewis in a New York second...strike that...a New York nano-second.

I'm also not at all certain that Lewis will even be on Cleveland's roster next year.

Where you draft Lewis next year will be heavily dependent on where he's playing.

Lot of as yet to be determined variables to consider, before locking yourself into drafting Lewis in the 1st round next year.

My .02 anyway. :D

Maybe now that rai has changed his mind and decided that Lewis is a second rounder we can have Big John change the title of this thread...

BJ?

Why? The topic certainly made me open it to see how rai would defend his position, and then after some debate he manned up & changed his opinion, which is a hell of a lot more than many here would do and I applaud him for doing so after posting such a controversial & bold topic statement. An added bonus is that it stirred some thought to top RBs for next year.

Let 'er sit & stir the pot some more, say I (like that matters one iota :D )

Edited by Bronco Billy