[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Browns listening to offers for D Anderson?

Randall

I doubt they do that, but you never know.

Coach Romeo Crennel revealed that the Browns will listen to offers for impending restricted free agent Derek Anderson this offseason.

The Browns will at least place the first- and third-round tender on Anderson, and may go as far as franchise tagging him. "Sometimes people can make you an offer and you can say, 'No, I think I'm going to stick with what I've got,'" said Crennel. "Sometimes they make you an offer and you say, 'Oooh!'" The most likely scenario remains Cleveland keeping Anderson for at least one more year. Brady Quinn's $9 million deal is very workable for a backup.

I've watched DA play nearly every game this year and he scares me. He's not so much accurate as he has to of the most athletic players at their positions to run the ball down, or make insane catches. His decision making isn't that great either... I have him in a dynasty league, but I'm just not confident that he is what we think he is... I think the last month of the season may be more indicative as to what he is as a player.

He's not so much accurate as he has to of the most athletic players at their positions to run the ball down, or make insane catches.

I've read this a few times and I cannot make it compute. I think you're saying he's not that accurate and he has good receivers.

I've watched DA play nearly every game this year and he scares me. He's not so much accurate as he has to of the most athletic players at their positions to run the ball down, or make insane catches. His decision making isn't that great either... I have him in a dynasty league, but I'm just not confident that he is what we think he is... I think the last month of the season may be more indicative as to what he is as a player.

more of a gut call than anything, but i think you might be right.

Let us not forgot that two other teams who had similar situations, the Bengals and Chargers, have been OK with their quarterback situations since.

Bengals situation was much different. Kitna was already an older QB by that point in his career.

I think the Chargers situation was closer. With Rivers being such a high draft pick, they needed to keep him. Brees still seems like the better QB to me.

Quinn wasn't as high of a draft pick as either Palmer or Rivers. They don't need to trade Anderson unless they get an overwhelming trade offer. There have been plenty of QBs to come through Cleveland in the last few years. He's the first one to make it look like a well-oiled machine. I wouldn't trade him.

Straight up for Julio Iglecias? :D What else does Minnesota have to offer?

Even as a Steeeeeeelers fan, I hope the Browns keep him and have another good year with him at the helm, and then trade him when Brady Jr is better prepared to step up. They were fun to watch with DA at the helm - nice to see CLE have some life. Makes the division more interesting.

I think the Chargers situation was closer. With Rivers being such a high draft pick, they needed to keep him. Brees still seems like the better QB to me.

The difference was Brees had an injured wing heading into free agency (Anderson doesn't). No one knew how he'd do.

Can't fault the Chargers for not investing in a broken QB. Just happened to be the circumstances they fell into at that moment in time.

It could have went the other direction just a quickly (with a huge salary cap implication attached).

While not all world, Rivers and Brees did make the Pro Bowl in 2007. Neither made it in 2008.

Rivers had a change in coaching and a tougher crowd to beat (Brady/Manning), Brees did not.

Since the "split" :

Brees = 54 TDs, 29 INTs, 7 FUM, 8841 PY, 17-15 record

Rivers = 43 TDs, 23 INTs, 8 FUM, 6540 PY, 25-7 record

I fully expect the Browns to deal Anderson if they can get decent trade value.

I actually think this is dead on. I have not watched every game but I have watched more than just the two that the Steelers played vs the Browns. He has had some very good games that I was enjoying him running up my fantasy score but at the same time I was thinking that "boy did that pass suck" a bunch of times. Yet a bunch of those times someone came down with that ball. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that he blows, but rather I think he has some real talent at WR that is making him look a lot better than what he is passer wise.

Bengals situation was much different. Kitna was already an older QB by that point in his career.

Quinn wasn't as high of a draft pick as either Palmer or Rivers. They don't need to trade Anderson unless they get an overwhelming trade offer. There have been plenty of QBs to come through Cleveland in the last few years. He's the first one to make it look like a well-oiled machine. I wouldn't trade him.

The Chargers didn't need to keep Rivers. I think they would have lost something in trading him, but could have used him to lock up Brees long term, played him to show him off then trade him.

His injury changed everything. I still think they let the wrong guy go.