[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Berrian to the Vikings

CaP'N GRuNGe

Are the Vikings still pursuing Sage R from the Texans??? They can not go into this seaso like they did in 07 with crap at back up fpr T-Jax.

I agree that the Vikings are going to give him 08 to prove himself, but as Outshined stated above, he needs to stay healthy and stop pulling himsel out of games.

Berrian and Rice give the Vikings a nice 1-2 puch at receiver and I assume they are going to try and get AD more involved in the passing game via the often underused screen or dump off pass.

So far I am not overly excited nor am I dissapointed by the Vikings FA.... There is a lot of $$ out there and guys are getting huge paychecks for average performance.

The last I heard they were looking at JP Losman as well for a later round pick. If I had to guess, this is the route they will go in addition to drafting yet another QB on the 2nd day.

Vikings have offered a 3rd round pick for Sage Rosenfels. Texans want a 2nd round pick for him. That's not too much of a difference in the big picture, so I'm guessing that the two teams will continue to try to negotiate a deal. Unless some other team suddenly swoops in with an offer of a higher pick, I would guess that the Vikings will end up with him.

All this does is downgrade Berrian for FF IMO. I'll believe in Jackson when I see it.

I posted this earlier this past yr(i didnt go and look at how TJax compared after he finished out the season)

E. MANNING drafted 1.1

1st 9 starts

3-6 as a starter

only passed for over 200 yards once(201)

1314 Passing Yards

35 Rushing Yards and NO TDs

9 TDs to 11 Ints

48.9% completion %

3 Fumbles , 1 lost

Sacked 15 Times

here is another one:

D. McNABB Drafted 1.2

1st 9 starts(another highly touted QB coming into the draft)

3-6 as a starter

only passed for more then 200 yards once(214)

1244 passing yards

325 rushing yards w/ 2 TDs

10 passing TDs and 9 INTS

52.1% completion %

7 fumbles, 5 lost

Sacked 25 times

Now look at TJax for his first 9 starts

T. JACKSON drafted 2.32(64th overall)

5-4 as a starter

Tjax has thrown for over 200 only once(213)

1340 Passing Yards

199 Rushing Yards with 2 Rushing TDs

5 TDs to 10 Ints

55.2% completion %

5 Fumbles , 1 lost

Sacked 19 Times

I am not saying that TJax will end up like either Manning or McNabb but just simply pointing out that it is really a bit to early to jump to conclusions about the kid is all

I still think it is a bit to early to make any definitive conclusions about TJax

after I posted that about TJax he finished the year:

W-3 L-2

93 completions

150 attempts

62% completion %

6 TDs

6 INTs

Sacked 6 times

Fumbles/Fumbles Lost 1/1

EDIT:

I am updating McNabb and Manning's stats to 14 games(how many starts TJax has)

D. McNABB Drafted 1.2

1st 14 starts(another highly touted QB coming into the draft)

7-7 as a starter

only passed for more then 200 yards 5 times(one over 300)

2396 passing yards

508 rushing yards w/ 2 TDs

16 passing TDs and 13 INTS

56.7% completion %

9 fumbles, 6 lost

Sacked 35 times

E. MANNING drafted 1.1

1st 14 starts

6-8 as a starter

only passed for over 200 yards 5 times (one over 300)

2537 Passing Yards

56 Rushing Yards and NO TDs

19 TDs to 14 Ints

50.1% completion %

6 Fumbles , 2 lost

Sacked 24 Times

Now look at TJax for his first 14 starts

T. JACKSON drafted 2.32(64th overall)

8-6 as a starter

Tjax has thrown for over 200 4 times(no 300 yard+ games)

2174 Passing Yards

317 Rushing Yards with 4 Rushing TDs

10 TDs to 15 Ints

57.8% completion %

8 Fumbles , 3 lost

Sacked 26 Times

Edited by keggerz

Give me numbers til' I'm blue in the face. I have watched Jackson play somewhere around five games. I could have watched the wrong five, but this guy was far from accurate. That's all I'm saying. It is going to be very difficult for any WR to put up viable numbers with a quarterback who doesn't seem to be accurate down the field, besides the fact that Berrian is now on a team that is going to run the ball as often as any team in football. There is just no way Berrian catches more than the 71 balls he caught last year in this offense. The Bears threw the ball down the field A TON the last two years. The Vikings do not do this nearly as much. Berrian will make the Vikes passing game substantially better, but it will not be beneficial to his own numbers.

Give me numbers til' I'm blue in the face. I have watched Jackson play somewhere around five games. I could have watched the wrong five, but this guy was far from accurate. That's all I'm saying. It is going to be very difficult for any WR to put up viable numbers with a quarterback who doesn't seem to be accurate down the field, besides the fact that Berrian is now on a team that is going to run the ball as often as any team in football. There is just no way Berrian catches more than the 71 balls he caught last year in this offense. The Bears threw the ball down the field A TON the last two years. The Vikings do not do this nearly as much. Berrian will make the Vikes passing game substantially better, but it will not be beneficial to his own numbers.

I'm not at all sold on Tarvaris Jackson yet, but there were a couple of games last year where I actually found myself saying, "Wow, he has really improved." Now if he can keep it up, the way other QB's have been able to do (as demonstrated in Keggerz post), then he could become very productive very fast. Still a wait and see situation.

edit to add: Now that I think about it, the game where he truly impressed me was against the Lions. So take that for what its worth. :wacko:

Edited by Savage Beatings

Now that I think about it, the game where he truly impressed me was against the Lions. So take that for what its worth. :D

That's the one we watched as a league - Jackson was good but you're right to say "who wouldn't be?". :wacko:

This great news, now lets go get a couple of defensive backs that can cover the pass and we have got a shot with a developing QB. Plenty of salary cap money to make this a great team.