[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TO wants to enter the Hall of Fame as a Cowboy.

Randall

Didn't Philli play in 3 straight Championship games before they had TO? And him being on the team for the 4th didn't help, as he didn't step foot on the field the entire playoff run. Fred Ex had more of a post season impact to the team.

Before i get flamed, in no way am i even comparing Fred Ex to TO... Just pointing out he had zero to do with the Eagles making that Super Bowl, and being they lost the game one could say he had little impact overall.

You must have missed the SB, TO was the best player on the field. Philly had no receiving option for the 3 yrs prior which is why they couldnt get over the hump. TO had something to do wtih the early season record which helped Philly get home field and so he did have something to so with Philly eventually making it to the SB.

Maybe if McNabb was all chocked up, they win that game.We will never know, but TO made an impact on that team, and after he left, Philly has never been the same team.

BTW, was Philly better with TO or without, that is the real argument that was being made.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't Philli play in 3 straight Championship games before they had TO? And him being on the team for the 4th didn't help, as he didn't step foot on the field the entire playoff run. Fred Ex had more of a post season impact to the team.

Before i get flamed, in no way am i even comparing Fred Ex to TO... Just pointing out he had zero to do with the Eagles making that Super Bowl, and being they lost the game one could say he had little impact overall.

The Eagles were a very good team in a weak NFC so they got through the playoffs on their own steam without T.O. As far as the superbowl IMO T.O had one of the best games I have ever seen a wr have in a superbowl considering the injury he came back from and only suited up because he is a freak of nature.

Edited by whomper

You must have missed the SB, TO was the best player on the field.

They lost that game, right? Just making sure we were watching the same SB and post season.

A loss is a loss, no different than they lost the 3 championship games before his arrival. He didn't help them get there, as he was out the entire playoffs. So he helped them lose the Superbowl. Good effort Chief, he was in the zone.

They lost that game, right? Just making sure we were watching the same SB and post season.

A loss is a loss, no different than they lost the 3 championship games before his arrival. He didn't help them get there, as he was out the entire playoffs. So he helped them lose the Superbowl. Good effort Chief, he was in the zone.

The point is had he not been there it would have been a massacre. You have to be on crack if you really think his pressence on the team did not make them better. That is ultimately what the discussion is about. He may have been locker room cancer but on the field he was a beast.

Are you kidding, TO is one of the best WRs of this generation, if not the best. Moss needs a system to be successful. All you have to do is look at Philly before and then after TO, and Philly with TO, then look at Dallas before TO, and now with TO. TO made Tony Romo, as painful as that is to say. Dude is a beast.

TO is a 1st ballet HOFer, to even consider anything else is blind hatred for the player.

Easy on the kool-aide. I think what was meant was that it was over-the-top obnoxious to publicly assume you're making the grade.

BTW, how 'bout them mountaineers? :-)

TO is a 1st ballet HOFer, to even consider anything else is blind hatred for the player.

Among the voting football purists, there may indeed be enough blind hatred to keep him out.

Sadly, he's brought it all on with his own actions.

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

Gotta side with Vatican here. I think it's pretty hard to point to a play-off run that you were injured for the entirety of and a Super Bowl that your team lost as the defining moment for how you made a team better. Now, that isn't to say TO didn't make that team better because he was a beast there. However, considering that he didn't help them close the deal and then had a complete meltdown, I'm sure Philly would just as soon as never brought him in. When a team wishes you never entered their clubhouse, how does that help your HOF resume?

The funny thing is, I've never been a huge TO hater until his act got completely out of hand. All the antics, whatever, I have no problem with that. When his agent screwed up, coupled with the fact that he was peeing all over the Niners on his way out, and, shock of all shocks, they decided to stick it to him by trading rather than releasing him, and then he cried like a bitch. That's where I sort of got off the bus. I assure you, if any other player, one who handled his business like a man would have messed up the FA filing deal, I'm pretty sure the Niners wouldn't have sweat it.

Now, I'm not saying that there's no way he makes the HOF, in fact, he likely will. However, my arguments against him have nothing to do with "blind hatred", rather an "eyes wide open, you're a side show freak and embarrassment and the old school doesn't smile upon that type but Irvin got in so what the hell, I'll hold my nose and vote a jerk-off like you in but not be happy about it" sort of thing. Anything else would be blind man-love.

How bout them. They now go back to irrelevant. Congrats on the bowl win, it could be their last in some time.

Don't worry little buddy, there'll be another. BSU, WVU, who's the next "irrelevant" team to make you guys look silly? Rutgers? Wake? South Florida? Gotta think it's gonna be someone like that. I mean, after getting bitch-slapped by the USC and LSU's of the world, the NCAA thought they'd let you off easy by hooking you up with the next tier. What tier comes after this one?

You must have missed the SB, TO was the best player on the field. Philly had no receiving option for the 3 yrs prior which is why they couldnt get over the hump. TO had something to do wtih the early season record which helped Philly get home field and so he did have something to so with Philly eventually making it to the SB.

Maybe if McNabb was all chocked up, they win that game.We will never know, but TO made an impact on that team, and after he left, Philly has never been the same team.

BTW, was Philly better with TO or without, that is the real argument that was being made.

Philly had enough to get to the SB. TO did have a great game and early season but thanks to Roy Williams we never got to see what a whole season with him would have meant.

Of course they were better with him when he focused on playing.

The point is had he not been there it would have been a massacre. You have to be on crack if you really think his pressence on the team did not make them better. That is ultimately what the discussion is about. He may have been locker room cancer but on the field he was a beast.

So the Eagles other WRs did their jobs throughout the playoffs, but then became crap when he returned for the SB? If he hadn't been there, why wouldn't one of the guys who'd been making those same catches throughout the playoffs just made them and the Eagles still would have been beat in the same manner?

If there were justice in the world, he'd go into the Hall of Fame as a cowboy only when Canton holds its "dress like your favorite member of the Village People" promotion on discount tuesdays ...

I brought it up not knowing how the Hall voters would react to his assumption. He may need a Super Bowl ring.

That is exactly what is needs and is exactly what his is going to get with the Boys. The guy has been nothing but money for us and I think it is safe to say he was NOT all the problem in SF or Philly. He took the rooks under his wing and stays after practice to help them develope. He supports his QB and shows leadership on the field. When delt with fairly come contract time he's fine. Jones pays his players for performance were as SF and Philly have contract problems all the time. You also have to question both of those organizations brass. Philly keeps making weird decisions when it comes to drafts and players signed and let go. No WR's for years for Mcnabb and run off their best one. SF has gone down hill since Edddy D got popped. QB problems, and WR problems. Vernon Davis looks to be a bust.

TO may be an egomaniac but most Great WR are. I have no problems with the guy and he has won me over so far. He and Romo may just be the keys to the promised land after all these years.

As far as his bid for the HOF, if he plays another 3 years healthy, he's in no problem.