[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colston out at least a month

Big Score 1

Which of the WRs has the biggest body? Wouldn't that have a lot to do with whom they try to fill the void with? I have to assume that they've taken Colston's size into account when designing the offense with respect to his position. It would seem that they would be best served putting a guy of similar stature into that role provided there's not a massive drop-off talent wise to do that.

Edit to add: At 6-2 210, that would appear to be Meacham with Henderson and Cooper not far behind at about 6' 200. Again, maybe not enough of a deal if NO has got major problems with Meachem right now but I think it merits thought.

Edited by detlef

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Colston injury was the only thing preventing Brees from being this years no. 1 fantasy QB. I do think it will affect his stats a little even though the Saints spread the ball around a lot. Losing your no. 1 passing option is always going to sting a little.....

You couldn't tell from week 1's matchup.

Apparently everyone has forgotten how horribly Brees started last season with Colston banged up and ineffective. When Colston was able to go full speed, it seemed to cure the offense and Brees went on to have a very good season. Anyone who thinks this doesn't effect that offense as a whole is mistaken IMO :wacko:

Edited by Big Ernie McCracken

Apparently everyone has forgotten how horribly Brees started last season with Colston banged up and ineffective. When Colston was able to go full speed, it seemed to cure the offense and Brees went on to have a very good season. Anyone who thinks this doesn't effect that offense as a whole is mistaken IMO :wacko:

Last year....I thought it was the gelling of the offensive line early on...

Either way, Shockey gets more targets the next few weeks and defenses can't target any one WR since they don't know who will be getting the ball LOL.

Edited by LayLow

Shockey is not going to pull defenders with him on crossing routes and they won't be rolling a safety to help acornerback cover Shockey. His loss against defnses playing a two deep zone will probably be the most apparent, unless one of their receivers really steps up.

True. Either way, saints be throwing, saints be throwing, who do you cover, who do you cover?

wasn't it Brooks and Sharpe at the same time...and Freeman came in after Brooks to fill that spot...?...I could be wrong..

Freeman came in after Sharpe retired. Brooks and Freeman played together, along with Brooks and Sharpe playing together.

If the receivers aren't running tight routes that offense won't run efficiently. Colston is a student of the position and a fantastic route runner. I'm surprised people underestimate his value so much. :wacko:

We will see i guess. Brees seems to make due with whatever he has...people seem to be underestimating the saints passing weapons :D

Edited by LayLow

I'd say he was hardly able to "make due" for the first 4 weeks of last season with an ineffective Colston.

We will see, we will see

harrison went down for the colts last year..they found a way

Curtis, Brown went down for the eagles this year..they found a way

Edited by LayLow

As a homer, do you feel my logic is sound?

I think there is some rationale to it, but I must say I'm in the minority when it comes to Meachem. People keep touting him as a guy who's going to step right in and take over for Colston. But this is a guy who has yet to play an NFL down and was again made inactive last week. Part of that was due to he doesn't play special teams but the other part is because he's still playing behind the other WR's in the group. I wouldn't be suprised if Meachem eventually becomes a bigger part of the offense but I think for the time being they are going to fill Colston's void with more passes to Bush, Shockey, Patten, Henderson and Moore.

Payton will play the players that he thinks give him the best chance to win regardless of who they are or where they were drafted. I'd love for that guy to be Meachem as he has the most size of the group but I'm not convinced thats what will happen.

I think Meachem is the one to own here. He should at least be active now, correct? Colston didn't contribute anything to special teams. Sometimes all any player needs is an opportunity.

As mentioned above, his ceiling is much higher than Patten/Henderson/Moore so it still seems he's worth stashing away if you have room.

man...first I lose by 8 points in my keeper last week, I lost Burleson for the season, now I lose Colston for a month! I drafted Meachem with my last pick just in case this happened but I guess I should go get Patten now off of waivers...what luck :wacko:

man F this stupid ish. first burleson now colston, im gonna have to start tedd ginn as my WR2 or somethin. theres nothin on the waiver either so i dont know what the hell to do

henderson is the only one available out of NO receivers.......patten & meachem gone. do i pick him up ?

i cant believe this crap

completely done in my league before i even got started

Edited by capostatus