[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colston out at least a month

Big Score 1

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my gut feeling:

Keeper/Dynasty - Meachem, unless you're looking to acquire a WR to start this week. Then, I would go Patten, maybe Henderson as a last resort.

PPR - Patten

Non-PPR - Still probably Patten, but it's closer between him and Henderson

TD-favored league - Henderson

I just don't see Meachem making much of an impact in the six weeks or whatever Colston is out for. Time and time again we see veteran wide receivers step up in the case of injuries, when we would THINK it's going to be the younger guy with more talent. Experience seems to outweigh talent big-time, especially when you're talking about someone stepping in on short notice. Henderson seems to be too hit-and-miss. I think Patten will be the best guy to target this week, as I see him being the go-to guy out of the WR's (after Bush and possibly Shockey).

I'm looking to acquire Patten and/or Henderson in almost every league that I'm in this week. Meachem is gone in most, but even if he wasn't, I'm not sure I would pick him up, thinking he's going to benefit much from Colston's absence. In cases of deeper leagues, it might not be bad to get both Patten and Henderson, and dump one if it doesn't work out in a couple of weeks. I probably wouldn't start them both, though, unless it's a REALLY deep league where you start 4-5 WR's.

man...first I lose by 8 points in my keeper last week, I lost Burleson for the season, now I lose Colston for a month! I drafted Meachem with my last pick just in case this happened but I guess I should go get Patten now off of waivers...what luck :wacko:

Do you and I have the same team? This sucks.

I did a little research to see when he'll be back and found some interesting things:

Ligament Injuries of the Thumb - After Surgery

You will be placed in a thumb spica cast after surgery for four weeks. Some surgeons will take the spica cast off at four weeks and then place your thumb in an immobilizing splint for another two weeks. Some patients work with a physical or occupational therapist to help regain range of motion and strength in the thumb. Most patients are able to return to normal activity three months after their surgery.

I wouldn't consider him a "most patients" type of person since hes not being worked on by "most patients" type of doctors - so lets just say hes out for two months and is back Nov. 9th @ATL after the bye.

He'll have 4 games to get back into speed and ready for week 14 vs ATL, week 15 @CHI and week 16 @DET. Is that enough time?

I have him in one league and gambling trying to get him in another :wacko:

I did a little research to see when he'll be back and found some interesting things:

I wouldn't consider him a "most patients" type of person since hes not being worked on by "most patients" type of doctors - so lets just say hes out for two months and is back Nov. 9th @ATL after the bye.

He'll have 4 games to get back into speed and ready for week 14 vs ATL, week 15 @CHI and week 16 @DET. Is that enough time?

same here....I'm trying to stash him for the longhaul..

I don't think any WR will be worth owning in Colston's absence (amongst Henderson/Moore/Meachem). Imagine they'll just negate each other out.

I look for more of a reliance of Thomas/Bush (perhaps using Bush even more in the pass game & Thomas in the run) & Patten/Shockey will see increased targets.

As a homer, do NOT pick up Henderson. unless you like stats of 1-2 catches a game. they do not target him often because they don't trust his hands. Patten, Bush and Shockey will see 1-2 more targets each. I look for Moore & Meacham to get what's left over. Payton will give Meacham his shot, if he produces he plays more, if he don't well.

HUGE +1

I guarantee this happens.

How come I never saw anything before today that he was even hurt?

I live here and a homer and I learned from a guy on my route " did you hear about Colston, he had surgery on his thumb and is out for 4-6 weeks." No indication of this never mentioned that he had a hand injury, Just that he has been taking some hard licks this year and getting his bell rung.

HUGE +1

I guarantee this happens.

He'll be back for the SD game

As a homer, do NOT pick up Henderson. unless you like stats of 1-2 catches a game. they do not target him often because they don't trust his hands. Patten, Bush and Shockey will see 1-2 more targets each. I look for Moore & Meacham to get what's left over. Payton will give Meacham his shot, if he produces he plays more, if he don't well.

FWIW I think this is dead on. Devery could give you 3 for 100 & a TD or he could give you 2 for 30. Patton will likely be much more consistant & get plenty of looks every week. Give me the consistent player that gets 70-90 a week & a TD here & there than the one who puts up blanks.

I live here and a homer and I learned from a guy on my route " did you hear about Colston, he had surgery on his thumb and is out for 4-6 weeks." No indication of this never mentioned that he had a hand injury, Just that he has been taking some hard licks this year and getting his bell rung.

I found out yesterday when MHK asked me if I'd heard the rumor & if I knew anything. I figured it was just a rumor. :wacko:

Edited by rajncajn

FWIW I think this is dead on. Devery could give you 3 for 100 & a TD or he could give you 2 for 30. Patton will likely be much more consistant & get plenty of looks every week. Give me the consistent player that gets 70-90 a week & a TD here & there than the one who puts up blanks.

I found out yesterday when MHK asked me if I'd heard the rumor & if I knew anything. I figured it was just a rumor. :wacko:

I have seen Henderson blanked out and not get any catches like 2 years ago when he got a few starts...you don't want that happening.

Here is the low down on Saints WR's this week. Patten and Henderson get the start with Patton moving in Colston's spot. Meacham will be active this week and see action in the NFL for the first time. Also Deuce and Stecker practiced yesterday.

man F this stupid ish. first burleson now colston, im gonna have to start tedd ginn as my WR2 or somethin. theres nothin on the waiver either so i dont know what the hell to do

I am in the same exact boat. Nothing on the wires either because our benches are so hugh. I'm waiting for the vultures to start circling and offering bogus trades for Peterson.

I'm left with R. White, A. Randle El, D. Stallworth, M. Jones, J Gaffney and H. Baskett. :wacko:

if Meachem plays the slot, he could be the best option match-up wise...

This is true but the slot doesn't suit a WR with Meachem's size and speed. Meachem will get some opportunities now but if he manages to capatilize on them it's not such a huge leap for Meachem to be lined up outside in a week or two.

As the 3rd WR, if Meachem manages 3-4 catches and 40-60yds this week (the matchup really doesn't get any better than the Skins' 3rd or 4th CB)... I think it's a sign of good things to come.

This is true but the slot doesn't suit a WR with Meachem's size and speed. Meachem will get some opportunities now but if he manages to capatilize on them it's not such a huge leap for Meachem to be lined up outside in a week or two.

As the 3rd WR, if Meachem manages 3-4 catches and 40-60yds this week (the matchup really doesn't get any better than the Skins' 3rd or 4th CB)... I think it's a sign of good things to come.

pretty much what I'm going for..