[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stat changes in MFL

alchico

I'm kinda new to this commish job. I just received an email from MFL that stat changes have been posted and that i have the option to apply the changes or not. Also there is an option to have it done automatically.

What do you guys do?

I'm kinda new to this commish job. I just received an email from MFL that stat changes have been posted and that i have the option to apply the changes or not. Also there is an option to have it done automatically.

What do you guys do?

For those of you that want to apply these changes for your league automatically each week, we've also added a new option this year to allow you to do that. Just check the box near the top of the For Commissioners > Statistic Changes screen, and then they will applied each week for you. Note that there is not a set time for them to be reported, but they generally will appear on our site either late Wednesday night or Thursday morning.

When you go there that screen says

Check this box to automatically apply all stat changes for all weeks of the season as soon as they're available?

For commissioners(top menu) - statistic changes - check box

I wouldn't use the automatic option. I have seen some of these stat changes come out two weeks or more after the original game.

In my local I commish, we use the previous weeks pt totals to determine each weeks waiver order. So we make any stats final at the time I process waivers, 5 pm Thursdays, as stat changes could possibly change the waiver order.

I wouldn't use the automatic option. I have seen some of these stat changes come out two weeks or more after the original game.

In my local I commish, we use the previous weeks pt totals to determine each weeks waiver order. So we make any stats final at the time I process waivers, 5 pm Thursdays, as stat changes could possibly change the waiver order.

Good to know. I changed them, however they didn't reflect the changes, most noteably Perry and Cutler, what the heck?

Edited by Hat Trick

Good to know. I changed them, however they didn't reflect the changes, most noteably Perry and Cutler, what the heck?

Alright, I unselected the auto option and then it gives you the option of saving the stat changes, once I did that they reflected. Thanks BJ!

I just received an email from MFL that stat changes have been posted and that i have the option to apply the changes or not.

What option do you have selected to get this email?

Send email for MyFantasyLeague.com Site News?

I want to make sure I get notified of the stat changes each week.

Edited by myhousekey

They won't send out emails notifying you of changes. They only did this week to announce the new feature of being able to have them automatically done. Commissioner has to click on Stat Changes on the main menu to check and see if there are any there. Usually they are done by Thursday afternoon if there are any.

They won't send out emails notifying you of changes. They only did this week to announce the new feature of being able to have them automatically done. Commissioner has to click on Stat Changes on the main menu to check and see if there are any there. Usually they are done by Thursday afternoon if there are any.

As BB said..no email. However, when you log into MFL as Commish if there are stat changes to be made you should have a window that is open on your front page saying same. At least that is how I have always seen it happen.

Are non-commish's able to view this also?

As BB said..no email. However, when you log into MFL as Commish if there are stat changes to be made you should have a window that is open on your front page saying same. At least that is how I have always seen it happen.

They don't do it that way anymore. You have to check yourself each week.

No.

This is incorrect. Non-Commish players can see the stats changes by using the Help > What's New menu. One of the options is Official Statistics Changes.

They can also see the Commissioner News, Player Position Changes, Site Upgrades, and Strange Plays reports as well.

If the changes come out prior to the start of the next weeks games....they get applied. After that they are not.

So does this mean if i select auto that the only time they will change stats is the week imediately following the games?

This is incorrect. Non-Commish players can see the stats changes by using the Help > What's New menu. One of the options is Official Statistics Changes.

They can also see the Commissioner News, Player Position Changes, Site Upgrades, and Strange Plays reports as well.

Huh! I looked all over the darn place.... every which way...

Thanks for that info.

So does this mean if i select auto that the only time they will change stats is the week imediately following the games?

I would recommend that you not select auto. You need to go in late in every week and see if there are changes. If you select auto and come week 4 they come out with changes for week 1 you have a league problem if they change winners/losers.

We have a rule that changes that come later in the season that are for weeks already past they won't be made. Once a new week of games start the old week is set in stone. Eliminates potential problems in leagues that use decimal scoring and have a lot of very close games.

It did not read that way in my opinion. We use the stat corrections up until kickoff of the next week. After that the game is official no matter what stat changes come along. I hope there is an option to use the auto stat change but set it to change only during that week following the game. If a few of us suggest that to FLM Mike I am sure he will set it up that way. He is that kind of guy and MFL give us that kind of support.