[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tanking

Hat Trick

No, nobody knew of what was said to me. I have sent an email to the league and leaving it up to what everyone has to say at this point. I am leaving town in a few minutes and won't have access to a puter to be part of whatever blows up until I get back tommorow.

I love a cliffhanger!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, nobody knew of what was said to me. I have sent an email to the league and leaving it up to what everyone has to say at this point. I am leaving town in a few minutes and won't have access to a puter to be part of whatever blows up until I get back tommorow.

Just for an idea, since you are in a money league. The team with the worst record at then end of the season has to pay $150 to the pot. This ensures that everyone stays with their team till the end in order to avoid the toilet bowl and the $150 hit. We have kind of a high buy in but you know whatever you feel comfortable wiith. I feel this best ensures teams stay with it till the end.

Just finished reading this and if this is not collusion, not sure what is.

Both owner's should be gone today (especially since it sounds like there is possibly a history of this between them) and time to start the search for two new owners next year.

IMO, if you don't make a stand on this your league will be over as other owners will also leave (I would).

Like sands from the hourglass, this is Hat Trick's work fantasy league...

:wacko:

bump...what happened?

I revoked the trade and they have been sternly warned. It is hard to kick them out of the league without everyones support and many in the league didn't comment on the matter, about 1/2 did. It's hard kicking out co-workers and creating such a mess and stress to go along with work.

Probably on the phone with 9 other owners trying to talk them out of leaving.

not at all actually

Hmmmm, so about 1/2 of the league doesn't seem to be bothered by blatant cheating. :wacko:

I guess you might as well use your Commish powers to your team's advantage each week then. See if anybody notices or cares.

yep ,,,,,,,,, sounds like free money for the commish

Hmmmm, so about 1/2 of the league doesn't seem to be bothered by blatant cheating. :wacko:

I guess you might as well use your Commish powers to your team's advantage each week then. See if anybody notices or cares.

I am sure they are bothered by it, but they are too chickenshiatt to respond.

I revoked the trade and they have been sternly warned. It is hard to kick them out of the league without everyones support and many in the league didn't comment on the matter, about 1/2 did. It's hard kicking out co-workers and creating such a mess and stress to go along with work.

Maybe it is hard to kick out two owners who are co-workers but it would be easy enough to find yourself a totally new league to play in next year. Let those idiots cheat someone else out of their money.

I started my own league from scratch nearly 10 years ago after getting cheated in the supposedly 'friendly' league I was in at that time.

It's a redraft work league, his draft strategies are always terrible, he gets people to trade with him somehow, and really dumb trades. Now since his team is sucking he's trading his best players to his good friends team, its just odd.

This isnt odd. It is collusion and is the ultimate sin in FF. Both teams in my book are disqualified and never asked back into the league.

As a commish how is this difficult?

No way you can allow a trade for TO and a Defense.

Must reverse the deal and lock the disgruntled cry baby from the league.

Both teams need to be gone b/c of what was said to the commish BUT

I cannot give advice to say Ownes for a Defs is a bad trade. We do not have all the facts.

Let say this team has Marshall, Wayne, Owens and is in the hunt of superbowl....but his def is awful and the league rewards Def well....then the TO owner also see Owens starting QB is hurt and his replacement just sucked ....Then I cannot veto that trade.....names alone do not make a trade.

As a commish how is this difficult?

Because they are both black and scream racism at every opportunity, this is something I don't need to deal with at work. They will not be invited back next year, simple as that. They try anything else and they are gone, they have been sternly warned.

You did the right thing HT.

A couple of ideas that I think were kind of touched-on earlier that might help convince anybody not to tank even with a poor record. Maybe consider adding to rules for next season if you don't have something like this already:

1. High-score of the week pot. Whoever gets high score wins that week's pot. This way you always have incentive to at least try to get a good score. We've seen some pretty crummy teams win on a week when everything goes their way.

2. Toilet Bowl:

I commish two leagues and this is handled differently in each:

League A: Single-elimination tournament consisting of the 6 (of 12) teams that did not make the playoffs. If you win your matchup you are OUT. Worst 2 teams get week 14 off as a bye. Whoever loses the toilet bowl game pays $35 to the Superbowl party fund. The winner of toilet bowl pays only $15 to the toilet bowl fund.

League B: Everybody that does not make playoffs just submits lineups for weeks 14-16 and whoever has highest point total wins a small pot. Whoever has lowestpoint total pays the guy with the highest point total an extra $15.

In both leagues we also document who the toilet bowl loser in the League history file as an added bonus.

Because they are both black and scream racism at every opportunity, this is something I don't need to deal with at work. They will not be invited back next year, simple as that. They try anything else and they are gone, they have been sternly warned.

I do not give warnings for collusion... You are not helping anybody but the folks who cheated...This type of cheating can ruin the entire season for all ten of the other owners.

I do understand you are in a tough spot but sometimes you have to be firm.

You did the right thing HT.

A couple of ideas that I think were kind of touched-on earlier that might help convince anybody not to tank even with a poor record. Maybe consider adding to rules for next season if you don't have something like this already:

1. High-score of the week pot. Whoever gets high score wins that week's pot. This way you always have incentive to at least try to get a good score. We've seen some pretty crummy teams win on a week when everything goes their way.

2. Toilet Bowl:

I commish two leagues and this is handled differently in each:

League A: Single-elimination tournament consisting of the 6 (of 12) teams that did not make the playoffs. If you win your matchup you are OUT. Worst 2 teams get week 14 off as a bye. Whoever loses the toilet bowl game pays $35 to the Superbowl party fund. The winner of toilet bowl pays only $15 to the toilet bowl fund.

League B: Everybody that does not make playoffs just submits lineups for weeks 14-16 and whoever has highest point total wins a small pot. Whoever has lowestpoint total pays the guy with the highest point total an extra $15.

In both leagues we also document who the toilet bowl loser in the League history file as an added bonus.

Thanks. We do have a toilet bowl and the winner gets more than his entry fee back. I tried to explain this to him when he warned me he was going to pull this crap, but he's stubborn and wouldn't listen. At any rate, I believe I have the issue handled and everyone is content. Hopefully this is the end of things.

Why didn't you explain in the first post that you were repressing these guys with your overt racism?

I suggest that you kick yourself out of the league.

Why didn't you explain in the first post that you were repressing these guys with your overt racism?

I would have just let them continue cheating... in the spirit of reparations.

:wacko: