[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bears - Puckers Week

Pope Flick

Caught a little bit of that at dinner tonight. Score was 3-0 like halfway through the 2nd quarter! :wacko:

Was that the Monday Nighter?

Crazy thing about that year: their D held the scoring record until the 2000 Ravens, but they had Tampa and Minny combine for nearly 90 points in 4 games against them, while giving up 110 in the other 12. :D

Edited by Pope Flick

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was that the Monday Nighter?

Crazy thing about that year: their D held the scoring record until the 2000 Ravens, but they had Tampa and Minny combine for nearly 90 points in 4 games against them, while giving up 110 in the other 12. :wacko:

No. Oddity was the GB/CHI games were 13 days apart that year. (MNF week 7 in CHI, then Sunday week 9 in GB.)

I'm pumped! Just watched the GB/Chi game from 1985 this PM. Soooo many players to remember, like Martin :D , Zorn, Gregg :wacko: , Walter, Mossy, Da Coach, Frig's first rec for a TD, Dickey, Dent, Fencik, and more. I even saw a GB coach on the sidelines lighting a cig! :D Tough game, lots of fights and hard hits.

Can't wait for tomorrow!

I know there was another thread on this.

GO BEARS!

Edited by rocknrobn26

The Bears would be fools not to focus on running the ball - though I think Hawk may play downhill more than Barnett had been. Will that make a difference? Maybe less in the plays made than in the tone set.

I just don't think that Hawk is that good at taking on blockers. His strength is in lateral movement, flowing to the ball. If the Bears go right at him in the middle in the running game, I think they could have some success. Then, he will be vulnerable to play action, taking shorter drops, and the TE should have opportunities over the middle behind him.

Keep running the ball. Get the running game going. This reminds of how they developed the run last season.

The run was there for the taking last week. But McCarthy outcoached himself - "we can run, they know we can run, so let's cross 'em up and throw the ball."

Grant 13 for 105 and a TD. Bears aren't stacking the LOS so far in this game.

Glad James Jones is back. With Jordy Nelson the threat of multiple WR's should help in upcoming games.

The schedule softening a bit won't hurt either.

:wacko: He is from California.

Cali is cool but it's probably even MORE of a culture shock going from dealing with Cali-people to Texans. If he had to deal with FIBs every day he'd have been far more prepared. :D