[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Draft 09: top needs per team

BeeR

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, but once Osi comes back and Kiwanuka can play on the outside we will be VERY good there. I agree with you, they will draft a LB and may even try to trade up and get a stud.

We have plenty of depth at WR and Manningham is learning at his own pace (which is probably good - no need to rush him out there).

I also see LB, but my thoughts exactly on Kiwi moving back.

Another question is what will happen with Jacobs? If he leaves, I'd like to see another big back brought in. Ward just can't get it done on the goal line. Also if Plax is moved, I feel that while we're plenty deep at WR, a bigger presence would be needed. Bigger than Hixon, Toomer, Moss, or Manningham can supply. We can win with them, but we can do better.

No but it seems as though he and Coughlin are in a battle of wills. Trading him even though he just signed a new deal may be best for both, but they wouldn't get a lot in return.

Since week 7 his targets have dropped about 3 per game.

lack of production could be attributed to a rediculous running game and constant double teams. Plus the Giants draft pick barring some sort of meltdown will rather low, i'm thinking plax would be nice bait for a team to move down, enabling the Giants to take a LB.

My FF team agrees :D

:wacko:

I also see LB, but my thoughts exactly on Kiwi moving back.

Another question is what will happen with Jacobs? If he leaves, I'd like to see another big back brought in. Ward just can't get it done on the goal line. Also if Plax is moved, I feel that while we're plenty deep at WR, a bigger presence would be needed. Bigger than Hixon, Toomer, Moss, or Manningham can supply. We can win with them, but we can do better.

I can't really see Jacobs going anywhere...my moneys on Ward being the one in a different uniform next season

lack of production could be attributed to a rediculous running game and constant double teams. Plus the Giants draft pick barring some sort of meltdown will rather low, i'm thinking plax would be nice bait for a team to move down, enabling the Giants to take a LB.

:wacko:

I can't really see Jacobs going anywhere...my moneys on Ward being the one in a different uniform next season

The only reason Jacobs wasn't given a deal in the off season was for him to prove that he could last a whole season at RB. I think (barring this minor setback) that he's done an excellent job at remaining healthy. I believe they'll give him a decent deal in the off season.

As far as Kiwi, I really like him better as a situational pass rusher than an OLB. He's just such a liability in coverage because he doesn't have the lateral movement necessary. If you watch him, he just doesn't get his hips turned quickly enough to stay with the quicker TEs or the WRs coming underneath. I still don't know why someone thought he would make a good OLB. That doesn't mean that most of you aren't right and that he'll be put back out there next year when Osi comes back.

• 3 weeks later...
Well i think they have a great young core in Ross, Webster, Dockery, Thomas ,Johnson, Butler, and Phillips. I actually see them going after one of the big 3 LB in Maluaga, Cushing or Laurinitis. using those extra picks and maybe even Plax to trade up and get one.

Trading Plax?

:wacko: to bad we wont get that much for him now lol

For the Bears they have that many needs it isn't funny.

QB: Ok Orton has looked solid at times this year but he can also put up a stinker as good as Rex could to atleast someone young who might have some upside would be nice.

WR: I am liking Hester more and more as a WR with time he could turn into atleast a solid one however he cannot be a #1 a big time target might help Kyle or whoever is playing QB next year.

OL: we need everything Tait is on his last legs outside, the Guards might be the worst in football and Kreutz has really gone backwards the last couple of seasons, these positions need a major upgrade still

DE: Need a pass rusher here someone with a consistent burst Wale and Brown are both solid players but they will never be explosive ends.

LB: yes I did say LB Urlacher has been garbbage for most of the season (I have got the chance to see about 6 games or so and he has been non existant in all of them) I think Brian atleast needs to have someone drafted to light a fire under his ass .

CB: Vasher is garbage and so is Graham, Tillman can be beaten but he is more reliable than the other 2 by along way

S: Mike Brown can't play forever and we don't have a replacement there for him even though Manning will most likely get another chance I doubt he is the answer.

so in order

DE

WR

OL

QB

S/CB

LB

I maintain Colts need (surprise) DL help, esp DT, more than anything. Also a RB (not top pick) - I am tired of Addai's unreliability and Rhodes is a nice change-up but also doesn't have enough to be "the" guy.

Randomly:

I know they have other needs but I think BUF should aim for a QB fairly high. Neither is the answer.

ATL made huge strides but helped wanted at CB.

DET - yeah I know "everything but WR" but mostly DL and secondary I think - OL upgrade would be nice too.

GB - I can't believe this team is 5-9. OL? S? Have to wonder about Grant but w/his contract and Jackson in there they won't touch this area.

ATL: LB

Defensive front 4 is paramount for ATL. In a division with the Saints offense and the emerging Panthers run game, front 4 on D is crucial. That said here's my wish list...

Defense (in this order, IMHO):

Defensive tackle... Grady is 35. Babineaux is ok but not a true run stopper. Depth is ok but there's not another DT starter amongst them.

DE... Anderson is not getting done. Abraham is always an injury risk even though they've been limiting his snaps. Beyond those two it's really only Chauncey Davis.

Safety... Milloy is a true veteran, gamer, and an asset to the club but he's 35. Zero depth behind him or Erik Coleman.

LB is definitely an issue. They need LB depth and probably a starter pretty soon due to Brooking's age.

Offense (in this order, IMHO):

OL... depth is an issue. Aside from Baker, all of the starters have been pretty healthy all season. Beyond the starters they're thin at virtually every position except for C. I almost feel bad listing them as a top need because they have played above and beyond. Paul Boudreau and Paul Dunn have really done an outstanding job with this crew.

TE... hardly a pressing need. It would be nice to at least have the option of throwing to their TE once in a while. They could use a guy like Daniel Graham. They don't need a true pass catching TE as I don't think the offense will ever feature the position but a better overall TE would be appreciated.

The Skins desperately need pressure from their Defensive line. And I think we might be taking a hard look at Colt Brennan in the off season.

Shame he didn't come along maybe 5 yrs from now give or take as Manning sails off into the sunset - I think he's the real deal and a big-time gamer.

Plus how cool would it be to have Colt lead the Colts :D:wacko::D