[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

T.O Released?

Flip_Side

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Greg Lewis (Eagles) more than a returner? Cuz NE just spent a draft pick on him. Not sure they'd have done that for a WR if they were thinking of picking up TO?

G-Lew is a very average WR size and speed wise. He does have nice hands though and has come up big for the Eagles in game breaking situations over the years. He is nothing special, but maybe a nice 4th WR.

http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/

T.O. has a fan at Winter Park

March 5th, 2009 – 3:08 PM by Judd Zulgad

The Dallas Cowboys decision to jettison Terrell Owens has led to plenty of speculation about where the veteran wide receiver might end up. Owens’ baggage has been extremely well documented and is the reason Pro Football Talk has been compiling a list of teams that wouldn’t want him.

PFT put the Vikings on that list, citing an NFL source, and pointed to the troubles that Vikings coach Brad Childress had with Owens when the two were together in Philadelphia. Childress was the Eagles’ offensive coordinator and an uhappy Owens requested that Childress not speak to him during his final season with the franchise. Childress, who loves that type of challenge, never passed up the opportunity to say hello to Owens after that.

While they did not get along at the time, Childress said last year that he and Owens actually had a nice exchange before the Vikings played the Cowboys. I believe it was in a preseason game last summer. That doesn’t mean Childress is going to want to bring Owens to Minnesota — even if the team did try to upgrade at receiver by attempting to sign T.J. Houshmandzadeh. (Owens also is familiar with the West Coast system the Vikings run).

But there is at least one big-time T.O. fan who calls Winter Park home. Vikings receivers coach George Stewart served as an assistant with the San Francisco 49ers from 1996 to 2002 and spent time as Owens’ wide receivers coach. In the three seasons Stewart worked with Owens, the wide receiver had 17 games with more than 100 yards receiving and five games with 150-plus yards.

If you are looking for someone to speak ill of Owens, Stewart is the wrong guy to ask. I remember bringing up Owens’ name with Stewart a few years back. Stewart said the two remained close and talked on a frequent basis. Listening to Stewart, it sounded as if he and Owens had a father-son type relationship.

That would mean they almost certainly have talked since the Cowboys severed ties with Owens. Did Owens mention a reunion in Minnesota? Childress might not be interested but that doesn’t mean Stewart wouldn’t bring it up.

As much as I bash him when he's on someone else's team, I'd take him. :wacko:

admitting this is the first step to accepting T.O. Now go shower

I hope that Denver does pick him up. He can help this team win with a minimum of drama, huge maybe, but he'll expedite the Coach McDaniels experiment. Either the coach proves he can handle various personalities and lead this team to victory or he won't and then we won't spend years wondering if he's up to the job of being a HC.

I hope Denver picks him up as well. It will be fun watching TO rant at Cutler. Rivers will have a field day :wacko:

I hope Denver picks him up as well. It will be fun watching TO rant at Cutler. Rivers will have a field day :wacko:

In that case I hope San Diego signs him. T.O. vs Rivers would be entertaining.

Since I didn't see it posted, apparently Owens and Rosenhaus were spotted at an airport in Nashville. However, both Paul Kuharsky (former Titans beat writer, now with ESPN) and Jim Wyatt (current Titans beat writer) have heard from multiple team sources that the Titans are not interested in TO. Basically, I have no idea what's really going on.

Since I didn't see it posted, apparently Owens and Rosenhaus were spotted at an airport in Nashville. However, both Paul Kuharsky (former Titans beat writer, now with ESPN) and Jim Wyatt (current Titans beat writer) have heard from multiple team sources that the Titans are not interested in TO. Basically, I have no idea what's really going on.

Did they call the news outlets and "leak" they were in town?