[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cutler to the Bears

keggerz

Please. I've mashed this many times and people are either too ignorant to understand or too arrogant to listen. What else besides the Cutler feud backs this up? I've LOVE to hear it.

So, if they don't share your opinion, they are too ignorant or too arrogant ??? :wacko: Rivers comes off as a complete punk, especially when the Chargers are winning.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you really question whether or not he is a "proven winner" yet?

Denver's record with Cutler at QB is 17-20.

Vanderbilt's record with Cutler at QB was 11-35.

No question there.

plummer had a winning record for every season in denver. does that make plummer a better qb?

plummer also had a 1000 yd rusher every year. does having a consistant rb contribute to a qb's winning %?

ab-so-frickin-lutely.

16 backs reached 1000 in 08.... let's see what their team records were...........

1. peterson- 1760 (10-6)

2. turner- 1699 (11-5)

3. d williams- 1515 (12-4)

4. portis- 1487 (8-8)

5. tj- 1312 (9-7)

6. slaton- 1282 (8-8)

7. forte- 1238 (9-7)

8. cj- 1228 (13-3)

9. grant- 1203 (6-10)

10. lt- 1110 (8-8)

11. jacobs- 1089 (12-4)

12. sjax- 1042 (2-14)

13. gore- 1036 (7-9)

14. lynch- 1036 (7-9)

15. ward- 1025 (12-4)

16. j lewis- 1002 (4-12)

the ones that made it in the face of < .500 seasons are grant, sjax, gore, lynch, and lewis. sjax, gore and lewis were really the only positives for their offenses, and i think that lynch made things happen for the passing game.....

plummer had a winning record for every season in denver. does that make plummer a better qb?

plummer also had a 1000 yd rusher every year. does having a consistant rb contribute to a qb's winning %?

ab-so-frickin-lutely.

perhaps even more importantly, the broncos had somewhat respectable defenses those years with plummer.

So, if they don't share your opinion, they are too ignorant or too arrogant ??? :wacko: Rivers comes off as a complete punk, especially when the Chargers are winning.

SO do Steeler Fans. Throngs against one? :D

The perception of Rivers is one thing. The obsession for bringing it up at every opportunity is another. Get therapy brah! :D

SO do Steeler Fans. Throngs against one? :D

The perception of Rivers is one thing. The obsession for bringing it up at every opportunity is another. Get therapy brah! :wacko:

Oh, Rivers doesn't bother me too much, as he and his team provided an easy path to another Super Bowl title. You know, the same Chargers team that you said was the tightest bunch the NFL has ever seen. The same Chargers team that had it going so well that you told me that the Steelers were running into a buzzsaw in the AFC Championship game. :D

I'm just thrilled that out of the three QB's in that draft, we didn't get the one that hasn't won the big one yet, but, puffs his chest out and acts like he is the premier QB in the NFL.

Oh, and I brought Rivers up after two Chargers fans called out Cutler for being an "ass". Sorry, I can't let that kind of thing go without pointing out the hypocrisy.

O.k. enough of the sideshow, and sorry for letting this get back off-track. Damn, the Broncos are stupid.

Edited by Menudo

Spin from PFW

Bears spin

Broncos spin

PFW's fantasy spin

Cutler's fantasy outlook cloudy in Chicago

By Michael Blunda

April 2, 2009

The news: The Bears acquired QB Jay Cutler from the Broncos on Thursday in exchange for a first-round draft pick and a third-rounder in 2009, a first-round pick in 2010 and QB Kyle Orton. Cutler, 25, made the Pro Bowl last season and led the AFC in passing yards with 4,526, throwing 25 TD passes and 18 interceptions.

Fantasy impact: Cutler wanted out of Denver, and now that he got his wish, he might not be too thrilled about it. Although he’ll get to start fresh with a new coaching staff that truly will embrace him as its QB, the Bears offer him one of the weakest group of pass catchers in the entire league. Cutler will go from throwing to guys like Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal to now targeting Devin Hester and Earl Bennett — not exactly All-Pro wideouts. He also goes to a team that has been a run-first franchise for as long as anyone can remember, and that’s not likely to drastically change just because Cutler is in town. RB Matt Forté is a budding star, and Chicago offensive coordinator Ron Turner will want to keep him heavily involved in the game plan.

Now, even with these things going against him, Cutler remains a No. 1 fantasy QB. He proved last year that he can be dominant when he’s on his game, and that was with opposing defenses thinking pass first. With the support of a strong running game, defenses won’t be able to sit back in coverage, giving him a bit more freedom and likely resulting in fewer picks.

TE Greg Olsen is a very solid target who could become a favorite of Cutler’s, and Hester has shown signs of being a legitimate receiver, so it’s not like the cupboard is completely bare. Forté is also an accomplished receiver out of the backfield.

Obviously, all Bears pass catchers deserve an immediate fantasy upgrade. And while Cutler might not post elite fantasy numbers playing in the Windy City, he should still be one of the first 10 QBs to come off the board in drafts.

Oh, Rivers doesn't bother me too much, as he and his team provided an easy path to another Super Bowl title. You know, the same Chargers team that you said was the tightest bunch the NFL has ever seen. The same Chargers team that had it going so well that you told me that the Steelers were running into a buzzsaw in the AFC Championship game. :wacko:

I'm just thrilled that out of the three QB's in that draft, we didn't get the one that hasn't won the big one yet, but, puffs his chest out and acts like he is the premier QB in the NFL.

Oh, and I brought Rivers up after two Chargers fans called out Cutler for being an "ass". Sorry, I can't let that kind of thing go without pointing out the hypocrisy.

Dude, you always bring up Rivers, but never have any supporting evidence. What do you have? The fact that Rivers called Cutler a crybaby....like everyone else is now. You got nothing.

And congratulations on your SuperBowls. I've got no problem with Big Ben ...but remember, he was the second best QB on the field in both of his SBs. Its a team game.

Dude, you always bring up Rivers, but never have any supporting evidence. What do you have? The fact that Rivers called Cutler a crybaby....like everyone else is now. You got nothing.

And congratulations on your SuperBowls. I've got no problem with Big Ben ...but remember, he was the second best QB on the field in both of his SBs. Its a team game.

I haven't seen Menudo bring him up lately. Maybe I just didn't notice but when did he last bring him up?

Supporting evidence that shows that I and many others think he is a punk ? I could put you in contact with my wife, and she could confirm it with you, but, I can't speak to the other thousands of fans who have expressed the same feelings. It is simply the way he carries himself during the game. It probably started with the Cutler thing, where, knowing he couldn't go back in the game and was in no danger, he was on the sidelines acting like an idiot and talking trash. Since then, he just annoys me and thousands of others with the way he handles himself on a weekly basis. It's the facial expressions, the whining, the jawing, etc., etc. Nothing major, and trust me, he isn't as bad as many players who actually break the law, but, I just find him to be a punk, and that is my opinion of him. I just found it interesting that several others have come to the same conclusion. It's no big deal, it's just my opinion and when I saw you calling Cutler an ass, knowing that you are a Chargers fan and knowing how many people feel the exact same way about Rivers, I had to chime in.

Once again, the Broncos, Cutler, the Bears........

Supporting evidence that shows that I and many others think he is a punk ? I could put you in contact with my wife, and she could confirm it with you, but, I can't speak to the other thousands of fans who have expressed the same feelings. It is simply the way he carries himself during the game. It probably started with the Cutler thing, where, knowing he couldn't go back in the game and was in no danger, he was on the sidelines acting like an idiot and talking trash. Since then, he just annoys me and thousands of others with the way he handles himself on a weekly basis. It's the facial expressions, the whining, the jawing, etc., etc. Nothing major, and trust me, he isn't as bad as many players who actually break the law, but, I just find him to be a punk, and that is my opinion of him. I just found it interesting that several others have come to the same conclusion. It's no big deal, it's just my opinion and when I saw you calling Cutler an ass, knowing that you are a Chargers fan and knowing how many people feel the exact same way about Rivers, I had to chime in.

Once again, the Broncos, Cutler, the Bears........

i'm definitely a homer i guess, because i don't understand it. your opinion of Rivers may be jaded by the fact SD and Pitt have gone head to head a few times too.

for the record, Charger fan or not, i did state that i thought Cutler was a jerk before all of his "trade me" whining came up. and now we at least have some tangible evidence to support that opinion.

Edited by rebdog

ab-so-frickin-lutely.

16 backs reached 1000 in 08.... let's see what their team records were...........

1. peterson- 1760 (10-6)

2. turner- 1699 (11-5)

3. d williams- 1515 (12-4)

4. portis- 1487 (8-8)

5. tj- 1312 (9-7)

6. slaton- 1282 (8-8)

7. forte- 1238 (9-7)

8. cj- 1228 (13-3)

9. grant- 1203 (6-10)

10. lt- 1110 (8-8)

11. jacobs- 1089 (12-4)

12. sjax- 1042 (2-14)

13. gore- 1036 (7-9)

14. lynch- 1036 (7-9)

15. ward- 1025 (12-4)

16. j lewis- 1002 (4-12)

the ones that made it in the face of < .500 seasons are grant, sjax, gore, lynch, and lewis. sjax, gore and lewis were really the only positives for their offenses, and i think that lynch made things happen for the passing game.....

perhaps even more importantly, the broncos had somewhat respectable defenses those years with plummer.

Those are all valid points to explain the lack of success Cutler's teams have had. But the issue was whether one could question that Cutler was a "proven winner." Right now, Cutler's a proven unwinner.

This may change, of course.

i'm definitely a homer i guess, because i don't understand it. your opinion of Rivers may be jaded by the fact SD and Pitt have gone head to head a few times too.

for the record, Charger fan or not, i did state that i thought Cutler was a jerk before all of his "trade me" whining came up. and now we at least have some tangible evidence to support that opinion.

Fair enough. I do know the feeling a bit. I love the way Hines Ward plays. Personally, I wish every player in the NFL handled themselves like Ward does. He plays hard every play, and looks for opportunities to deliver punishment. He does all of it with a smile on his face and wears his heart on a sleeve (i.e. crying when he thought Bettis was going to retire without a ring). The same things that I love about HInes Ward have made him disliked by many fans of other teams. I don't agree with it, but, I do see why he would annoy others.

By the way, I think Cutler is a jerk as well.

Those are all valid points to explain the lack of success Cutler's teams have had. But the issue was whether one could question that Cutler was a "proven winner." Right now, Cutler's a proven unwinner.

This may change, of course.

You are of course, taking my comment about "proven winner" out of context. I compared his place in his career with John Elway, who stats show was much worse than Cutler is now. And he didn't win a playoff game until his 5th year. And was beaten in his first 3 Super Bowls by about a combined score of 135-40.

Fair enough. I do know the feeling a bit. I love the way Hines Ward plays. Personally, I wish every player in the NFL handled themselves like Ward does. He plays hard every play, and looks for opportunities to deliver punishment. He does all of it with a smile on his face and wears his heart on a sleeve (i.e. crying when he thought Bettis was going to retire without a ring). The same things that I love about HInes Ward have made him disliked by many fans of other teams. I don't agree with it, but, I do see why he would annoy others.

that's a great analogy IMO. when i look at Rivers i see a guy who loves to play and enjoys every second and just wants to win. others see arrogance.

i like Ward and would love him on my team. ...but when you go head to head with him that smile can be hard to take.

Someone should start a count on how many threads that have nothing whatsoever to do with the Steelers end up being about them anyway.

Sounds like a fun job. Go count them and we will wait for the answer. TIA.

By the way, I thought it was a good analogy. :wacko:

Edited by Menudo

• 2 years later...
I really don't think so. Before Orton got hurt last year, he was doing really well and making great progress.

I think Orton is better than Cassel, so let's see what McDummy can do.

i had him in a league or two. this is a major step backwards for denver's offense. orton had forte. cutler carried the team when everyone knew they were passing. trust me, this is very bad. simms and orton are not the answer.

Bears = instant contenders.

Broncos = vying for 2010 1.01. Should be one hell of a battle between Simms & Orton for starting QB job.

+1, but I wish they could have dealt Rexie instead, but that is too much to wish for. Caleb...you are on deck.

You may be underestimating Orton.

We haven't done much in the first round for awhile. (Williams hurt and Olsen still not ready to take the reins from Clark. Dare I mention Curtis Enis... :wacko: