[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cutler to the Bears

keggerz

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, so long as you mean "Chicago / Bears". A solid defense, Jay Cutler and Orlando Pace... wow.

What still gets me is the downward spiral Denver has taken in such a short period of time. They went from a 3-game lead in the AFC West with 3 games left to out of the playoffs-head coach fired-starting QB traded-starting from scratch.

what the hell happened to the AFC West? We used to be a powerhouse!

how are you gonna feel when the Chiefs make the playoffs this year :wacko:

2 - 1st's and a 3rd AND a Veteran QB are not enough? What more could Cutler possibly be worth?

unless they trade something away in the meantime, the Broncos will have 4 picks in the 1st 3 rds of this years draft and 2 1st rd picks in next years draft, and they get Orton, who was playing very well right up until he hurt the ankle last year. McDaniels was paying attention while working in New England. Belichick has made a career out of gaining serviceable players while simultaneously stockpiling draft picks.

And that is exactly what the Broncos appear to be doing as well.

I liked Orton last year, but McDanels isn't Belichick. Time will tell but none of the BB disciples has been successful yet.

If Cutler is a great QB no it isn't enough.

I'm happy for Bears fans though. Cutler's a lifelong Bears fan and could take them far.

I liked Orton last year, but McDanels isn't Belichick. Time will tell but none of the BB disciples has been successful yet.

If Cutler is a great QB no it isn't enough.

I'm happy for Bears fans though. Cutler's a lifelong Bears fan and could take them far.

Culter may or may not prove to be a Great QB, but either way there are not many players in the League worth 2 1st's & a 3rd, And I don't thin kthere are any who are woth more than that.

I think time is going to show that this was a better move for the Broncos than it was for the Bears. With the picks Denver has a lot of options. And building a team throgh smart player acqusition and draft picks is a proven system, and no McDaniels is not BB but you can't expect him to fail just because other BB disciples have not faired well.

Culter may or may not prove to be a Great QB, but either way there are not many players in the League worth 2 1st's & a 3rd, And I don't thin kthere are any who are woth more than that.

I think time is going to show that this was a better move for the Broncos than it was for the Bears. With the picks Denver has a lot of options. And building a team throgh smart player acqusition and draft picks is a proven system, and no McDaniels is not BB but you can't expect him to fail just because other BB disciples have not faired well.

That's because the players worth more are ever traded.

What would Favre or Montana be worth in their prime?

I don't value next years 1st round picks nearly as much as this years picks. I may even want a 2nd this year more than next year's 1.

I think Chicago got a good deal. If Denver can get Sanchez they will be OK.

unverified, bullsh!t speculation. Please don't spread stupid rumors. I'm so tired of suspect "journalism".

No kidding. Me too. "Anonymous sources" and People said". are leaks and may or may not be true.

Supercrunch likes this trade. Top shelf QB for fair value. Denver received adequate return for him, and can now undertake McDaniels Plan, whatever that is. In the meantime, we'll hopefully enjoy Pro Bowl mobility, accuracy and leadership, for say, the next ten years or so!!! This is the most excited I have been, about the Bears, since Super Bowl XX. :wacko:

Go Bears!!!

This sounds like the Reusse column today in the Star Tribune.

I wouldn't put that much stock in what Reusse had to say today.

I never put stock in anything Reusse has to say. Cutler's attitude is off is all I'm saying.

The scary thing about Cutler is his head. Sure he has a great arm but so did Jeff George and what did it get him? 27,600 career passing yards and that's it.

Cutler is still young but he needs to mature quickly to fulfill his potential.

And I agree, Orton is way better than most people give him credit for.

+1

ZOMGGGGGG KYLE F*%^KING ORTON???!!!!?!! :wacko:

and two LAME first rounders. 18 this year and probably 20 or later next year. that is f*cking pathetic. oh my lord. I think I am going to vomit.

if anyone needs me, I will be here on the floor of my office curled up in the fetal position.

:D

+1

I'll be disappointed if the Broncos draft a QB this year. Let's see what the current QBs can do. Use both 1st round picks on DEF! Peria Jerry and Brian Cushing in the first and Sintim in the 2nd!

The Broncos won't draft a QB this year. They will work on defense with their current draft picks. You might see them pick up Holt to replace Marshall for the time being and with the Train healthy (I still have allot of stock in this guy) and Payton Hillis, the offense I still think will be strong. In the top 5 at least.

The scary thing about Cutler is his head. Sure he has a great arm but so did Jeff George and what did it get him? 27,600 career passing yards and that's it.

Cutler is still young but he needs to mature quickly to fulfill his potential.

And I agree, Orton is way better than most people give him credit for.

I was called crazy, and will be for at least 5 games into this season, but I kept Orton in my Dynasty league.

I think the Bears came out alright. Cutler is in his mid twenties. 3 to 4 years from now he should still be playing strong and in his prime. Most of their 1st round picks have equaled carp anyway. We all know the window on that defense is closing so I think this is a strong move (for once) by da bears.Being solidified at the QB position is something I can't really remember the Bears ever having. I thought I heard on the radio that 49 QBs have taken snaps for the Bears during Favre's streak. Unfreakingbelievable.

To me, it's more about my favorite team actually going out and doing something.

The Bears tend to F up most of their 1st round picks, so it's no sweat that they sent two of them to Denver.

When you suit up 20+ QB's to face Brett Favre in his career in GB, it's clearly something that needed to be addressed. Having a potentially great quarterback in Cutler is something that can be built around, and will help offensive Free Agents in the future want to come to this team.

Finally, something to say positive about the Bears front office. Well done. :wacko:

You have to consider the fact that Denver was really terrible on defense last year, and despite Cutler's best efforts, they were just a .500 team. I'm not thrilled to lose Cutler, but at least this trade could help build the foundation for a solid defense for the Broncos. I think Orton / Simms will be decent QBs with nice weapons to throw to and a solid running game to work with.

To me, the biggest issue that comes out of this trade is the likelihood that there is now a split locker room on this issue. No matter what Denver got for Cutler, I don't blame the players for feeling like this new coach is a chithead and not wanting to play for him. McD is going to have a lot of pressure on him to produce.

As for Cutler, I still remember going to the Broncos - Lions game at Ford Field in 2007 and seeing the Broncos get spanked 44-7. By the Lions. The freakin Lions. But I have seen a lot of potential in Cutler, and have been excited at the prospect of what he can do. Yet it seems like he hasn't pieced it all together just yet. I think he's on his way, but I'm not sure this change is going to help him develop further as a QB. I'll bet his numbers suffer with this move (gosh, they almost have to suffer just knowing that Chicago won't throw nearly as much as Denver did last year).

I still can't believe this has happened. Time will tell who got the better end of the deal, but it definitely hurts to lose Cutler, as it is tough to find smart and talented young QBs like him.

I've been dying to get back in here since gettting home from work but had to have some QFT.

Did anyone notice who the Bears play during the most important pre-season game (week 3)? Yup, and it's on the road.

I still can't believe we just got a perenial pro-bowl QB (potentially, and IMO) with about 10 solid years in front of him who has yet to enter his peak years!! Seriously, this type of QB comes around maybe twice every decade and we just got one of them!!!!

Granted, he still needs to prove a lot, but if there's one trend that is nearly absolute, it's QBs who throw 20+ TDs consecutively and early in their careers usually end up being top-tier guys for the rest of their careers. If the Broncos end up using the picks to obtain a QB in the draft, then that's about as bone-headed as you get. If they use the picks to build their Defense, well, I guess they believe Orton can replicate Cutler (in McDaniel's system), essentially putting all their eggs in the McDaniels basket. It could really end up favoring both teams. Obviously DEN has 2 very good WRs and a very good TE. BUT, did Cutler make them better? Was it a combination of both? Will B. Marshall keep his head out of his azz long enough to give Orton a chance?

There are definitely risks from both teams, but with the Bears failure at getting anything close to value with recent 1st round picks, I'd say the Bears just stole a franchise QB from the Broncos. This is good, us Chicago fans are due for some championships!!!

Bear down, Chicago Bears, make every play clear the way to victory;

Bear down, Chicago Bears, put up a fight with a might so fearlessly.

We'll never forget the way you thrilled the nation with your T-formation.

Bear down, Chicago Bears, and let them know why you're wearing the crown.

You're the pride and joy of Illinois, Chicago Bears, bear down.

Cutler is going from a team that relied on him to throw 90 times a game because they had bad D and he had great weapons to throw to. Now he is going to a team that IMO never really focuses on the QB. Chi wins win D and the run . Can Cutler, who we now know is a little fragile in the psyche, handle the step backwards he is going to take as the qb of the Bears ? By step backwards I mean while the hype will surely be there I still see Chi doing things the way they always have . Focus on D and run. If they bring in a good wr maybe things change. Chi is usually where a qb's stats go to die

Cutler is going from a team that relied on him to throw 90 times a game because they had bad D and he had great weapons to throw to. Now he is going to a team that IMO never really focuses on the QB. Chi wins win D and the run . Can Cutler, who we now know is a little fragile in the psyche, handle the step backwards he is going to take as the qb of the Bears ? By step backwards I mean while the hype will surely be there I still see Chi doing things the way they always have . Focus on D and run. If they bring in a good wr maybe things change. Chi is usually where a qb's stats go to die

I absolutely agree. Even with with the great McMann, the Bears relied on the D to win the superbowl.