[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cutler to the Bears

keggerz

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it was 19-1... and the 1 loss was an OT game against Green Bay in which they never even got possession of the ball, if i recall NFL Radio's stat i heard correctly.

i believe 13-1, but either way, this stat doesn't impress me much. Look at any team with a high powered offense and one would expect they're going to have a great record when they don't allow many points.

i believe 13-1, but either way, this stat doesn't impress me much. Look at any team with a high powered offense and one would expect they're going to have a great record when they don't allow many points.

And apparently Cutler was just a pedestrian in the offense?

They sure overpaid for a QB that hasn't done much. He was actually on a team with a couple decent WRs, and where does he go to now? I just don't see what's so amazing about him when the Broncos couldn't even win their pathetic division last year with one game given to them by Ed Houchuli.

I guess Chicago better hope he doesn't pull a Derek Anderson.

Edited by CD6405

Cutler's an ass.

Denver fans should be OK with what they got for him. Cutler created a lot of this himself.

He could've remained in Denver but he chose to handle it how he did. Move on.

And at the same time, Chicago should be excited. The kid's got the physical tools. I'm sure he'll mature soon enough.

BB, I am hopeful that McDaniels isn't the only one making decisions regarding personnel. If he is, I agree with your post and Denver is seriously fooked. But with Xanders and Mike Nolan in the mix, I don't see how that don't draft defense heavily this year. They have a couple of good, young WRs, their O-line is pretty solid, and they have a lot of RBs to compete for the starting job. Maybe they look TE to replace Scheffler at some point, but anyone with half a brain knows that Denver has WAY more needs on defense than offense.

Regarding Orton vs. Cutler, the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Cutler is clearly more talented and has a better arm, but Orton has held his own the past two season. And they seem high on Simms as well. I don't really have much of an opinion on Simms. But this will be one of those deals that we'll want to look back on in a few years and see who really won out. We don't even know who Denver is going to take with the picks they got in the trade. For all we know, they could end up with a handful of future HOF defensive studs in this deal. Still, the immediate taste is pretty sour for Broncos fans. Time for McD to prove himself or get the hell out!

I'm glad that the Lions didn't sign the guy. Maybe he's not getting a fair shake, but he doesn't seem like a leader to me.

Gaudy numbers to be sure last year, throwing often to talented receivers. Let's see how he does with a guy still trying to learn his position as his #1 WR and Tom Waddle as his #2 and some guy named Larry in the slot.

I'm glad that the Lions didn't sign the guy. Maybe he's not getting a fair shake, but he doesn't seem like a leader to me.

Gaudy numbers to be sure last year, throwing often to talented receivers. Let's see how he does with a guy still trying to learn his position as his #1 WR and Tom Waddle as his #2 and some guy named Larry in the slot.

Most sensible post here.

:wacko:

You contradict yourself as well as Bronco management.

to clarify for you: he acted like an ass. but i'll cut him some slack because he's young. give him a couple years is all i'm saying. hopefully he'll learn from this.

Earl Bennett will be the #2. Take it to the bank.

BB, I am hopeful that McDaniels isn't the only one making decisions regarding personnel. If he is, I agree with your post and Denver is seriously fooked. But with Xanders and Mike Nolan in the mix, I don't see how that don't draft defense heavily this year. They have a couple of good, young WRs, their O-line is pretty solid, and they have a lot of RBs to compete for the starting job. Maybe they look TE to replace Scheffler at some point, but anyone with half a brain knows that Denver has WAY more needs on defense than offense.

Regarding Orton vs. Cutler, the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Cutler is clearly more talented and has a better arm, but Orton has held his own the past two season. And they seem high on Simms as well. I don't really have much of an opinion on Simms. But this will be one of those deals that we'll want to look back on in a few years and see who really won out. We don't even know who Denver is going to take with the picks they got in the trade. For all we know, they could end up with a handful of future HOF defensive studs in this deal. Still, the immediate taste is pretty sour for Broncos fans. Time for McD to prove himself or get the hell out!

Well, I'm the glass half empty, you're the glass half full. I hope that you are correct, but I also know that DEN made the classic bird-in-the-hand-for-two-in-the-bush deal. Cutler had his faults - he had to be handled with kid gloves and treated like royalty by the team off the field, but we also knew exactly what he brought to the team between the lines - in terms of passing, running when needed, toughness, and leading. I just know that very few teams have the majority of their drafts picks work out as they are projected, and optimism is real high for kids who have never played a down at the NFL level. There are myriad strories of "can't miss" prospects who missed badly.

I think DEN is going to have to be damned lucky in terms of recouping equivalent value in this deal.

As to who is running the show - where in the Seven Hells were Xanders & the vet coach Nolan stepping in and seperating the two warring parties while this whole deal was going on? If nothing else, that's Xanders' job. Nolan was out of his jurisdiction but could have gotten involved. And Bowlen? I'm to this day still trying to figure out why he didn't spring for two plane tickets, fly he & McDaniels to Nashville, and sit down both of them in a locked room until the whole fiasco was resolved. The only thing he did was cover his arse on the McDaniels' decision after losing his temper with Cutler by shipping Cutler off. He'd better have made the correct choice or it could cost him literally millions over several years.

This has been completely mishandled by all parties involved from the onset, but based upon the evidence it's pretty obvious that McDaniels is calling the shots in every facet of the operations so far.

I guess Chicago better hope he doesn't pull a Derek Anderson.

Really? I guess I'm with BB on this. I find it laughable that Cutler is similar to Orton in some people's minds. Now, we are comparing him to DA. I guess I've been watching different games. I'm also tired of hearing about how windy and cold Chicago is. It was named the windy city because of politicians. It is not anymore windy than Green Bay, Buffalo, or the Giants stadium. I'm not saying he is Favre, but a strong armed "gunslinger" in the North division can play in windy weather and cold months just fine. Being stable at the QB position will help Chicago over the years so regardless of 09/10 picks, I think they are much better off with having a QB that can win a game but doesn't have to. I agree that the Bears defense isn't what it once was, but they are closer than a lot of other teams. They just need to stay healthy and fill a few spots.

Edited by Square

what i find funny is that so many people are so sure he's a winner.

until he proves it in crunch time, he's not. maybe he'll be, but don't talk about him like he's Tom Brady.

for all we know the guy will roll with this gunslinger mentality and continue to lose as many as he wins.

and it won't surprise me in the least if Orton plays within the system, Denver adds some pieces with their draft picks and they

end up improving.

As to who is running the show - where in the Seven Hells were Xanders & the vet coach Nolan stepping in and seperating the two warring parties while this whole deal was going on? If nothing else, that's Xanders' job. Nolan was out of his jurisdiction but could have gotten involved. And Bowlen? I'm to this day still trying to figure out why he didn't spring for two plane tickets, fly he & McDaniels to Nashville, and sit down both of them in a locked room until the whole fiasco was resolved. The only thing he did was cover his arse on the McDaniels' decision after losing his temper with Cutler by shipping Cutler off. He'd better have made the correct choice or it could cost him literally millions over several years.

This has been completely mishandled by all parties involved from the onset, but based upon the evidence it's pretty obvious that McDaniels is calling the shots in every facet of the operations so far.

Ted Thompson and McCarthy flew to Mississippi every off-season and had to massage Favre's ego. Good point.

is cutler an immature baby? you know, decent arguments can be made either way as to whether he overreacted or was justified in his response. but whether he did or didn't isn't really the issue to me....the issue is, either way, even if he IS a giant whiny d00$h, the broncos new managentment could have easily resolved this situation if they weren't stupid giant d00$hes themselves. it is the job of team management to manage the team and THEY are the ones who have failed miserably at doing so in this fiasco.

Edited by Azazello1313

is cutler an immature baby? you know, decent arguments can be made either way as to whether he overreacted or was justified in his response. but whether he did or didn't isn't really the issue to me....the issue is, either way, even if he IS a giant whiny d00$h, the broncos new managentment could have easily resolved this situation if they weren't stupid giant d00$hes themselves. it is the job of team management to manage the team and THEY are the ones who have failed miserably at doing so in this fiasco.

Why are you blaming the nanny state? What happened to personal responsiblity? :wacko:

Cutler's a kid. The GM and coaches are supposed to be the adults developing him into a leader.

His first several years Favre was a nightmare. Great plays followed by the most boneheaded ones imaginable.

He too was a kid, but Holmgren, Mooch, Gruden and others helped develop him into a good QB.

Why are you blaming the nanny state? What happened to personal responsiblity? :D

Personal responsibility. :wacko: Ya mean like putting aside whatever may have transpired and coming into this season with a chip on your shoulder and PROVING to the team/management/ownership that you are the guy? Kinda like another Denver QB did awhile back?

huh? :D:wacko:

I am blaming the individuals running the broncos organization for running it poorly.

Just watched the live McDaniels news conference and he seems like an extremely hard headed man. Not so sure I'd be happy with him as my HC but ya gotta love the balls the guy has and the enormous pressure he has taken on by trading away the franchise QB.