[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Twitter NFL people

satelliteoflovegm

I'm going to have to stop following Darnell Dockett. When does this dude practice, it seems like he writes like 50 twitter messages an hour, most of which are impossible to decipher. :wacko:

Edited by Menudo

I'm going to have to stop following Darnell Dockett. When does this dude practice, it seems like he writes like 50 twitter messages an hour, most of which are impossible to decipher. :D

I see what you mean man. :D I need a Dockett to english dictionary.

Tony Mandarich

Retired NFL - Offensive Tackle (2 teams)

44,739 followers :wacko:

Edited by Randall

• 1 month later...
Allow me to be the first here to say if we as fantasy junkies don't take advantage of this unparralled acess to the players we crave info on YOU guys are stupid.

Sure right now it's inane stuff, mostly, but in season, I can't wait. These guys haven't learned or dont care the world is reading the stuff they post. I work in the news business for the past 20 years and I have seen nothing gain so much speed like this ever.

Mainstream entertainment news is being broken on twitter. Who cares if Paula Abdul is leaving Idol? Not me, but it was broken on her twitter account. Like it or not, thats million dollar e-news. It's a matter of time before news period is being regularly broken via tweets. Lets not forget that the National Enquirer reported on Clinton/Lewinsky first. Another so-called garbage medium.

Drop the male ego, "I refuse to do anything called Twitter!" Fine don't but I will and because my brain can sift through and ignore the drivel at an alarming rate I will get that ever so often pearl in the oyster that is the information ocean.

knowledge is power. Buffalo Bills.com is reporting tweets as news now. The Huddle, I'm sure has or soon will. Why not get the info just that much sooner? Share it with each other and be all that more ahead of the fantasy game, in this case.

I just read the Chargers fined a player for bad mouthing TC food on his account. :wacko:

This is going to be big.

I was going to post a Terrell Owens tweet, to the effect, "James Hardy just left my room, he was asking me question after question. he reminds me of me with Jerry Rice. I loved his thirst for knowledge and I was excited to help" I'm paraphrasing, it was better!

But that would drag out all the TO haters and the point would get lost. Because i have yet to hear anybody ever say on this website or any other that someone made an argument and it changed (my) mind.

After reading about the fine, Kawika Mitchells response to the fine I had to write something. Facebook on the otherhand, I really don't care if my co-workers are cooking french toast for their stoopid kids! There's something more instant, more real about twitter. More interesting to me anyway.

:D

I figured this was interesting enough to jump on. I didn't want to mix it with my existing Twitter feed though, so I set up a separate account. Twitter won't let you do that with the same email address (so just use another one), but until they come up with some kind of grouping feature this seems like the best way to handle it.

I don't think I really need all the players' live tweeting of college games today, but it's interesting to see who @replies to who and such. I have Ryan Grant on my roster so that alone is worth it. (I think so far he's the only one, though.)

• 9 months later...
do any coaches tweet? That seems like the best place for FF info? I mean, imagine a WR coach raving about one of his younger players.

Coaches don't want to give away potential info to other teams.