[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Crabtree

Outshined

Maybe. But Hill is 7-0 in his last home games. I know he hasn't been flashy but 5 TDs to 1 INT isn't bad, and neither is his 93.3 QB rating. I can only imagine those figures would improve with an elite WR in the mix and Gore back in the saddle.

Singeltary got his ring watching McMahon's ducks make it where they needed to be. He never threw for a bunch of TDs either. Yes they had Payton but that translates today into a potent ground game which they do have. In short, as long as Hill continues to win and gets incrementally better game by game Singletary will have other areas he'll feel the need to address. I think that's what is going to happen.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good thing the Niners have Carolina's 1st round pick, because their own 1st round slot isn't gonna be that good :wacko: Nate Davis looked pretty legit, another year or 2 of grooming & he could be the real deal! I was thinking before that the Niners were gonna trade up in next year's draft to get Bradford or someone like that, but I wouldn't be suprised if the Rams go winless & then pick him up with their 1st pick.

Edited by jordanzs

Good thing the Niners have Carolina's 1st round pick, because their own 1st round slot isn't gonna be that good :wacko: Nate Davis looked pretty legit, another year or 2 of grooming & he could be the real deal! I was thinking before that the Niners were gonna trade up in next year's draft to get Bradford or someone like that, but I wouldn't be suprised if the Rams go winless & then pick him up with their 1st pick.

Given that the Niners drafted Nate Davis AND the fact they don't want to draft another Alex Smith, I would doubt they draft a qb high 1st round again for some time.

I don't understand what's to negotiate. Take the last offer that was on the table, subtract four weeks pay, and no guarantee of starting this year.

TAKE IT OR SHOVE IT!

Short negotiation.

Given that the Niners drafted Nate Davis AND the fact they don't want to draft another Alex Smith, I would doubt they draft a qb high 1st round again for some time.

Sorry but Nate Davis is not the answer! I like the kid but he's a career backup. We need not draft anymore Smiths and druckenmillers we need to spend some money and go get a guy that's been around for a few years and we know he won't be a flop in the NFL!

Well the dumb kid signs the same contract that was offered in the beginning. Snot nose grows up. About time. Now just think if he would have signed the deal in the off season and been through the OTA's and been somewhat ready to play this year. Now he takes the chance of looking foolish on the field.

or even the year after that actually... remember, as good as he is supposed to be, it still can take even the best Wideouts a couple of years to get up to par with the speed of the NFL.

SF ranks near last in passing efficiency. I could see him contributing some in 4-5 weeks but we'll see. He can be a good run after the catch guy so he may not need to run great routes.

Well the dumb kid signs the same contract that was offered in the beginning. Snot nose grows up. About time. Now just think if he would have signed the deal in the off season and been through the OTA's and been somewhat ready to play this year. Now he takes the chance of looking foolish on the field.

I think it has less to do about him growing up and more to do with his people hearing from the Jets that they were going to go in another direction. (Edwards)

The timing is all too coincidental.

I now expect Michael Crabtree to come to terms and play his ass off. The one and only league that I needed this POS in is over and done so this should clear the way to something big happening for Crabtree.

Edited by Skippy

I don't believe that is the case. from what Adam Shefter was saying it sounds like they met in the middle.

49ers coordinator: Crabtree ran two routes in college.

Michael Crabtree will start his NFL career as a slot receiver, according to San Francisco 49ers offensive coordinator Jimmy Raye.

That's the fastest way for the Niners to get the first-round draft pick on the field, and one NFL personnel man said he liked the idea of forcing opposing defenses to cover tight end Vernon Davis with a safety on one side and then matching up Crabtree on the other side with another defender to work the middle of the field.

But it will be a steep learning curve for Crabtree, who by Raye's estimations ran two routes in the wide open scheme he played in at Texas Tech.

"He basically played on one side in college, didn't flip, stayed on the one side and he ran a hitch, and if he was pressed, he ran a go,'' Raye said. "So, it's a little bit more learning that he has to do than time will allow us to teach him, but we've got to make do as we can."

Sounds like there will be a lot to teach, but the move may have been a sound one for Crabtree. He earned $2 million for each game he sat out as the package he receiver from the 49ers is worth $8 million more than what they offered before the season. Ultimately, Raye sees him as a split end, but it's going to take time and he's not in Lubbock, Texas, playing catch with Graham Harrell any longer. The club doesn't know exactly what kind of shape Crabtree is in, and he didn't really do anything in the way of football work with the Niners in the spring because of the stress fracture in his foot. He's as raw as it gets for them, and the team has a roster exemption for just one game from commissioner Roger Goodell.

"We're going to try to get him started, but the biggest thing is that he as no carryover background from being here before because he wasn't able to do anything because of the injury,'' Raye said. "So, we're trying to get him caught up in the system, the words and the verbiage and give him a chance to get his legs underneath him. He's a little wobbly. You've got to remember, he hasn't played football since last November or December. He hasn't done anything relative to football, so he's not in that kind of shape. So, we have a conditioning thing we have to be concerned with, not take him too fast and get a setback.

"If we can avoid that and we'll start him off at either one of the wide receiver spots, not sure exactly right now which one that will be, but I know system-wise, the split receiver is the less complicated because of the shifts and the motions, it's the one that has less learning. We may start him there, but basically, my hope is we will start him in the three-wide package. He will play in the slot, and that will be the focal point of getting him into the game as quickly as we can, and then that would be a game-plan situation because he would then learn the plays and the game plan and wouldn't have to be responsible for the entire offense, things that he would be short on."

For now, Crabtree's assimilation to the league begins with the scout team. He ought to be able to pick up a third route there pretty quickly.

Link

Edited by Outshined

SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) - Michael Crabtree exerted extra effort running one of his first pass routes as a San Francisco 49ers wide receiver and then defensive back Nate Clements got in the way.

"He put a lot into it," 49ers coach Mike Singletary said Friday. "He made great moves. But Nate just reads the quarterback and lets him do all those things. Michael turns around and sees Nate catching the ball. He wondered how that could happen after making all those moves that worked in college. It was a reminder this is another level. This is different."

The added attention heaped on the 49ers this week as a result of signing their first-round draft pick to a six-year contract on Wednesday has not been a distraction.

"It's been its own sideshow," Singletary said. "We anticipated that. At this point we are not letting anything take the focus away from what's important."

The 49ers are going to give him time to get assimilated.

Backup quarterback Alex Smith is impressed with Crabtree's desire to learn as much as he can in a short time.

"He is always coming over and asking questions," Smith said. "He takes advantage of the opportunities and sticks with us every chance. He wants to pick up what he can."

The 49ers have their bye week following Sunday's game against the Atlanta Falcons, giving Crabtree the chance to study the playbook and receive extra tutoring.

"He's only been here a few days and he's really trying to keep up," Smith said. "This is the first time he's been working out with a team in a long time. He just doesn't want to make many mistakes.

http://mynorthwest.com/?nid=25&sid=212393

Copyright 2009 The Associated Press.

Edited by Randall