[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's time to admit

SLAYER

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before the season started, I thought the defense wasn't any better than last year. I was dead wrong.

Before the season, I thought the offense would be awful. I was initially right... but they have definitely gotten better over the last 5 games. Tonight against the Pats, Orton did some stuff I've never seen him do. I was really impressed in the second half and OT. The offense really seems to be improving as time goes on. It's not a liability anymore.

Before the season, I thought McDaniels was a heartless tool with no respect for the local fans. He kinda won me over a little tonight when he lost his coach-cool exterior and went fist-pumping and jumping to the crowd after going out to shake Belichick's hand. He put on a little display of emotion for the crowd and I'd never seen that from him.

All in all, I think I was wrong about a lot of stuff.

Please keep downplaying the Broncos. I love how after they beat Dallas last week, everyone was like "well Dallas sucks... if they can beat NE next weekend, that will mean something." And now that they've beaten NE, it's that they barely beat a NE team that clearly isn't the 2007 version. So please keep finding reasons that they aren't that good of a team...

well, today for the first time I actually kind of liked mcdaniels. and I am just loving their defense. I was fairly certain their defense was going to be even worse than last year, and here they are playing as well as any unit in the league. stunning.

orton actually looked like an average NFL QB today, which is a big step forward for him, but I still get a little depressed and nauseous every time I watch him walk out on to the field (almost exactly how I felt when I saw their brown and yellow throwbacks today). and I miss the fact that we no longer have an innovative, creative offense with a good QB. the offense is plain, boring, and just barely effective enough to win games. but I love that we are winning games with kind of a no-name defense. some old guys, some kids, some retreads, some guys playing new positions. it's getting pretty fun to watch.

I think he did everything reasonable to try and find him, he has no hard feelings against him. In fact, in all the excitement McDaniels could have been seen as having blown off Bellichick as he ran off the field. Your hatred of all things Patriot clouds your vision, man.

Yeah, I agree - It looked like Belicheck was making a reasonable effort to find McDaniels. I recall the commentators saying something about McD going towards the fans after the handshake with BB. Maybe it happened and it just didn't get shown, maybe the announcers were mistaken.

well, today for the first time I actually kind of liked mcdaniels. and I am just loving their defense. I was fairly certain their defense was going to be even worse than last year, and here they are playing as well as any unit in the league. stunning.

orton actually looked like an average NFL QB today, which is a big step forward for him, but I still get a little depressed and nauseous every time I watch him walk out on to the field (almost exactly how I felt when I saw their brown and yellow throwbacks today). and I miss the fact that we no longer have an innovative, creative offense with a good QB. the offense is plain, boring, and just barely effective enough to win games. but I love that we are winning games with kind of a no-name defense. some old guys, some kids, some retreads, some guys playing new positions. it's getting pretty fun to watch.

Pretty much where I'm at. Love that they're winning, but I know they're not "legit" until they beat solid teams on the road. That remains to be seen.

Orton did look much better today - not as many as the wild misses we saw the first 4 games. 300+ yards passing and getting the ball to Royal and Marshall more - nice. Moreno is running with pop - great to see.

What more can you say about the D? Yeah, they haven't played any rean powerhouse offenses, but they've looked great even considering the competiton.

Really looking forward to the game against Pitt in a few weeks. That'll be a great test I hope they show up for...

Talk to me after their two tough upcoming road games. It's not like they just beat NE in their prime.

+1

I think they are obviously better than expected, but if they win the next two very tough games, they are officially for real. Hell, if they can win at least one of them, I'll think they're for real.

Edited by TDFFFreak

Did you watch the Cincy game? They did not look good and Denver won the game on a lucky freak play. Hardly convincing.

yeah, watching that game I had the feeling cincy was going to be pretty good even though they were a bit off. their defense played well, and the offense was just a half step out of synch the whole game. but still they (cincy) were the better team in that game.

Or maybe new England IS NOT as good if they don't have the REFS helping them out? NE stole a game from Baltimore. I'm still not convinced that Denver is that good. Let's see how they do in the next few weeks against a brutal schedule. Weren't they a LOCK to make the playoffs last year?? How'd THAT work out?

It should be obvious to any football fan with a pulse that NE is not the team they once were and that Denver has yet to play a genuinely good team yet this year. Their next 3 games @ SD, @ Balt and Pitt will be telling.

According to your definition of beating a good team, these three teams don't qualify so even if they win, they won't have proven anything.

the offense is plain, boring, and just barely effective enough to win games.

Gotta disagree with this completely. They look like a very creative offense. Did you not watch the first quarter of the NE game? How many times have you seen NE call a TO because they were totally confused on defense in the 1st quarter? McDaniels is extremely creative and the offense is moving the ball up and down the field. I haven't looked, but I'm guessing they are putting up roughly 375 -400 yds of offense almost every game.

Now if you want to talk about not finishing drives, absolutely, there's a problem. Time to work on the fade route to Marshall.

Gotta disagree with this completely. They look like a very creative offense. Did you not watch the first quarter of the NE game? How many times have you seen NE call a TO because they were totally confused on defense in the 1st quarter? McDaniels is extremely creative and the offense is moving the ball up and down the field. I haven't looked, but I'm guessing they are putting up roughly 375 -400 yds of offense almost every game.

Now if you want to talk about not finishing drives, absolutely, there's a problem. Time to work on the fade route to Marshall.

Orton threw for 330 yards and the got 103 yards on the ground. That's pretty good numbers I would say!

Talk to me after their two tough upcoming road games. It's not like they just beat NE in their prime.

Oh please. Get over it. They're 5-0 and looking much better than they did last year when they failed to make the playoffs after some other quarterback threw the entire season away.

For all the Belichick haters out there, I heard on my way home from work on The Fan/espn radio, that Belichick tracked McDaniels down in the Broncos locker room, finally found him in his office and shook his hand.

Also, did anyone else notice how that Patriots pass D is really really bad? I'd go so far as to say it's Cowboysesque. Pretty god awful IMO.

Hats off to McDaniels for making game plans and calls that really play to their individuals abilities and limitations. This is easily the least talented 5-0 team I've seen since the '03 Vikes went 6-0 but IMO McDaniels is better then Tice and will keep that team in any game.

Also hats off to Marshall for being a part of a minority, WR's that bitch in the offseason and then put that aside and do their job without holding back.