[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's time to admit

SLAYER

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just remember getting bashed when I supported the trade for Orton. I loved Orton in Chicago with the crappy o line they had and thought Chicago were idiots for not franchising the kid! If he continues at this rate, he could yet get that franchise moniker yet!

Edited by BearBroncos

From the other DEN thread:

:shakinghead:

You keep waiting for someone to pull back the curtain and expose this team, but they keep getting better.

Hell, SD was in a virtual must-win scenario, coming off a bye, at home on MNF, and getting some injured studs back - and DEN took their best shot, shook it off, and trounced the Chargers. There are maybe - maybe - 4 teams in the league that could have pulled off what DEN did last night.

And I really, and I do mean really, hate to admit this, but I'm actually starting to gain some fondness for that little #### McHoody. I think the Gruden analogy is a good one.

I may as well check in too, and admit the Broncos are WAY better than I expected. Orton too, he looks solid in the pocket and fires some bullets. Great win last night, too.

I like that Orton puts a lot of zip on those sideline throws. That's where an NFL quarterback needs the arm strength.....those short to medium out patterns. I had no idea what we would be getting with Orton, but so far so good!

Let's not anoint them champions just yet. They could easily lose 4 out of the next 5 games

At Balt

vs Pitt

At Wash

vs SD

vs NYG

They do have the 2 big boys (Pitt and NYG) at home so they have that going for them.

I don't expect them to win at Baltimore

Pitt will be a very tough game

At Wash should be a win but Portis might have revenge on his mind!

The SD will be very tough that will probably be SD's entire season on the line there

And the NYG will be very tough as well

• 4 weeks later...
I wasn't buying any futures stock in the Broncos this year, as I said on the first page.

I also thought Cutler would be much better than he has been in Chicago. :wacko:

I am really surprised they lost to WAS, but the stat line for Chris Sims in the second half tells a lot of the story. Orton's stats say he was on fire before the injury.

THat team will go down in a counter-clockwise swirling motion without Orton.

I am really surprised they lost to WAS, but the stat line for Chris Sims in the second half tells a lot of the story. Orton's stats say he was on fire before the injury.

THat team will go down in a counter-clockwise swirling motion without Orton.

Wow, I knew it was bad, but I didn't look at the numbers.

3 for 13

13 yards

0 TDs

1 INT

QB Rating 7.5

I mean... Christ. Lets trade for Jamarcus Russel with numbers like that.

Edited by AtomicCEO

Let's not anoint them champions just yet. They could easily lose 4 out of the next 5 games

At Balt

vs Pitt

At Wash

vs SD

vs NYG

They do have the 2 big boys (Pitt and NYG) at home so they have that going for them.

I don't expect them to win at Baltimore

Pitt will be a very tough game

At Wash should be a win but Portis might have revenge on his mind!

The SD will be very tough that will probably be SD's entire season on the line there

And the NYG will be very tough as well

At Balt CHECK

vs Pitt CHECK

At Wash CHECK

vs SD

vs NYG

Wow, I knew it was bad, but I didn't look at the numbers.

3 for 13

13 yards

0 TDs

1 INT

QB Rating 7.5

I mean... Christ. Lets trade for Jamarcus Russel with numbers like that.

I was at this game and I can tell you how bad it was. No one noticed that Orton got hurt at the end of the 1st half, so when Simms came out to play QB all of the Denver fans were a little worried. Sims absolutely sucked. Denver could've just run the ball at the end of the game and gained more yards than Simms. He had no zip on his throws and was completely lost.

The big play that just kills me is the special teams TD. Washington basically showed you what they were going to do and Denver still gave up a TD. That was extremely pathetic.

And by the way, Washington fans are a-holes in case anyone was wondering. Almost got into it with a couple of different Washington fans. Friendly ribbing is one thing, but just being a jackass is another.

Edited by NAUgrad

The big play that just kills me is the special teams TD. Washington basically showed you what they were going to do and Denver still gave up a TD. That was extremely pathetic.

To be fair... their punter, unlike Simms, threw a reasonably accurate long ball.