[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Packers-Buccaneers

tosberg34

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But if TT were really a good GM the O-line would be in good shape and the D would have personnel it needed. :wacko:

Never was defending TT, just pointing out a false comparision.

Isnt this just like "if you take away AP's best run, then he only has 50 yards and no TDs". Its is convenienet to ignore the positive performances and play up the poor ones.

IMO the defense has really OVERacheived this year being the first year in a new scheme and not having the right personnel. :D

Edited by bpwallace49

As I said elsewhere: if Rodgers had an actual team and/or coach around him he'd be scary good and Pack would have 1 or 2 losses tops. Unbelievable.

Rodgers has to be accountable to his team. Every other QB in the league is. Why not Rodgers? He takes too many sacks and if he doesn't realize that by now than maybe he never will.

Edited by MikesVikes

Rodgers has to be accountable to his team. Every other QB in the league is. Why not Rodgers? He takes too many sacks and if he doesn't realize that by now than maybe he never will.

Coaches call the plays, not Rodgers. Bottom line is when your line can't block, you don't need to be calling deep pass plays that take longer to develop. Without Rodgers this team is a two win team at best.

Coaches call the plays, not Rodgers. Bottom line is when your line can't block, you don't need to be calling deep pass plays that take longer to develop. Without Rodgers this team is a two win team at best.

Rodgers doesn't have to take half of the sacks that he does.

Edited by MikesVikes

Never was defending TT, just pointing out a false comparision.

Isnt this just like "if you take away AP's best run, then he only has 50 yards and no TDs". Its is convenienet to ignore the positive performances and play up the poor ones.

IMO the defense has really OVERacheived this year being the first year in a new scheme and not having the right personnel. :wacko:

I'm just trying to stir it up and poke the packers fans, really. I would generally agree TT isn't the issue, though that o-line is one of if not THE worst in the league.

Rodgers doesn't have to take half of the sacks that he does.

True, but you're missing one factor. The coach or play caller needs to put his players in position to win. Calling passing plays where your WR run 30 yards down field is not the way to do it.

I would put Rodgers at the top. You put Favre, Cutler, Stafford behind this line and they would be absolutely horrible.

Dude, it's Vikes fans. Every 10-15 years they get a good team, then try and goat packer fans into things. Just take comfort in knowing that they'll fall apart come playoff time.

:D

:wacko:

:D

You seriously think Favre would do any better than Rodgers with this current Packer team?

Favre is playing great but his offensive line and Adrian Peterson (also Harvin) have a lot to do with that. Plus the play calling for Favre is much better than Rodgers is getting.

True, but you're missing one factor. The coach or play caller needs to put his players in position to win. Calling passing plays where your WR run 30 yards down field is not the way to do it.

Dude, it's Vikes fans. Every 10-15 years they get a good team, then try and goat packer fans into things. Just take comfort in knowing that they'll fall apart come playoff time.

Oh trust me I have comfort. I get a lot of enjoyment at seeing the epic fails of the Viking organization and I think we are due for another one.

You seriously think Favre would do any better than Rodgers with this current Packer team?

Favre is playing great but his offensive line and Adrian Peterson (also Harvin) have a lot to do with that. Plus the play calling for Favre is much better than Rodgers is getting.

Tough to say. But based on the INT's today it seems Rodgers has a bit of Favre in him. :wacko:

Listen, the Vikes scenario is perfect for Favre. Great O-line, phenomenal running game, decent wide receivers, good defense. He doesn't have to do it all himself and he's thriving on that. Do I think Rodgers is as good as Favre was? Not yet, but the jury's still out, ask me in 10 years. If I wanted a QB of the future would I take Rodgers, absolutely. Would Rodgers do better than Faver on the Vikes right now? Not sure. But Rodgers. as good as he's looked, still has to prove himself and prove to be a winner, and time will tell.

As a Packer fan I am absolutely embarrassed.What a joke that game was.The Packers acted like they could show up and get the win.The special teams coach should be canned.I give the Bucs the credit they deserve as they took advantage of all the Packers bonehead miscues and won the game.I was just shocked the Packers did not show up today in a game that was a must win as far as a wild card spot is concerned.I usually do not criticize Rodgers but he played stupid,greedy football today.He was outplayed by a rookie in his first NFL start!!!!

Tough to say. But based on the INT's today it seems Rodgers has a bit of Favre in him. :wacko:

Listen, the Vikes scenario is perfect for Favre. Great O-line, phenomenal running game, decent wide receivers, good defense. He doesn't have to do it all himself and he's thriving on that. Do I think Rodgers is as good as Favre was? Not yet, but the jury's still out, ask me in 10 years. If I wanted a QB of the future would I take Rodgers, absolutely. Would Rodgers do better than Faver on the Vikes right now? Not sure. But Rodgers. as good as he's looked, still has to prove himself and prove to be a winner, and time will tell.

If you think I meant that Roders is better than Favre WAS that is not what I meant - no way is Rodgers anywhere near what Favre was. I do think at this point in time Rodgers is the better all around QB.

By this point in the season Rodgers has to know when to get rid of the ball....he holds onto it WAY too long. I mean seriously-he has to know how bad his line sucks....they remind him everytime the opposing D buries him.

I dont care what plays are called- he has (or should have) the ability to dump off when he needs to. Grant is an above average receiver for a RB and he is underused in that role.

Horrible display GB.....pathetic.

No doubt. Thiis is what I've been saying since the season started.

At least for now, the Vikings look poised to get in the Playoffs. How about Green Bay?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Thompson and McCarthy are NOT the answers in Green Bay. Minnesota has a "TEAM" right now.

Ha ha ha ha.

So how long till the packer fans start agreeing that TT and doughnut boy need to be replaced? :stirspot:

I certainly think McCarthy has demonstrated he is a decent OC, average-to-poor HC. All talk.

I'd like to see the players with a better coach before I call for Thompson's head.

As I said elsewhere: if Rodgers had an actual team and/or coach around him he'd be scary good and Pack would have 1 or 2 losses tops. Unbelievable.

That is a wish. You don't know that. Leadership has a bit to do with winning as well. Rodgers hasn't gotten there yet.

Unfortunately, he plays for a coach and GM who are both idiots.

I cant beleive that Bishop isnt playing over Hawk . . .

I certainly think Hawk is open for criticism, but I don't get the unreserved love for Bishop - there's certainly a lot to like about the way he plays agressively but he's to prone to the killer mistake (see - Adrian Peterson 44 yd screen last week).

Certainly a fair criticism.

I don't get why last season his sack % was reasonable (if still a bit high) but this year it's through the roof.