[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wade is a JOKE

Grits and Shins

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How are the Cowboy optimists feeling today? Do you guys think the Boys will go into New Orleans next week and win? Dallas finds ways to lose ... New Orleans finds ways to win ... big difference.

The game this week at home was as close to a must win game as you can get ... a loss next week will put the Boys at 8-6 and in danger of not only losing the division but dropping out of the playoffs entirely.

December - check

Two Dallas losses - check

:wacko:

I wonder where Jeff FIsher will live? Maybe a house in Frisco? Wonder if he would join our local fantasy football league here north of Dallas?

Fisher won't work under Jones, IMO. Or he might but he'll be out the door as soon as JJ starts up with the crap like this week's "how to best use Barber" rubbish.

I have to agree with Grits.

You lose your last game at Cowboy Stadium, lose the first game in Jerry's Epcot Center, and you lose your first 2 games in December with the prospect of having to play the Saints, Redskins, and Eagles... :wacko::D:D

To add to injury in local radio interviews Wade mentioned not being worried about Folk's accuracy... and he misses that 35 yd one. They keep pounding Barber in 4 consecutive downs without mixing Choice in at least one snap... Is it all Wade? add Garret to the mix? or is it Jerry and his need to have a coaching staff he can manipulate as he sees fit as the GM.

How are the Cowboy optimists feeling today? Do you guys think the Boys will go into New Orleans next week and win? Dallas finds ways to lose ... New Orleans finds ways to win ... big difference.

The game this week at home was as close to a must win game as you can get ... a loss next week will put the Boys at 8-6 and in danger of not only losing the division but dropping out of the playoffs entirely.

December - check

Two Dallas losses - check

Let's face it... It is probably coming down to them having to beat Philly in week 17 to get into the playoffs, assuming they can win one of their two upcoming road games (not a safe assumption). At least the game is in Dallas this time around...

I just don't get why everyone want's to blame Wade. The guy is 30 and 16 or something like that. He brought in Brooking and Olshanky. It's not Wade it's the players making mistakes at the wrong time. Barber for example changed the game with the fumble when we had control. Then Special teams blows a coverage when they have been stellar all year. At some point you have to give credit to the Giants for saving their season. I knew they would play like their life depended on it at home with their season on the line. They just played a very solid game. Romo did his absolute best Sunday so you can't put it on him. They beat us by the Barber fumble and touchdown. Plain and simple. I just can't blame the coach for fumbles and missed tackles. Now if we had gotten blown out that would be one thing but coming within an onside kick of being in the game is not the coaching. However, I don't agree with Bueler taking that onsides kick, Folk is great at them with the high bouncer.

I am happy with Wade so far, I remeber Dungy was in the same boat and was fired for not getting over the hump in Tampa but look at him now in Indy. Was that coaching in Tampa that got him fired no. It was having Manning and some good luck. I don't want anoher coach, I want this team to play error free down the stretch and win. They have the talent and coaching to win now just put it all together and do it. Wade is not the problem IMO.

Dude. Seriously. You're pissing blue kool-aid at this point.

I was very high on Dallas preseason. With their passing game, even without TO, and having 3 VERY good Rbs, I really expected them to blow a lot of people out this year with their offense. And that was without the benefit of Milas Austin's emergence.

I am very surprised to see how they have performed in big agmes this year. I thought they were tougher than that . . :wacko:

I was very high on Dallas preseason. With their passing game, even without TO, and having 3 VERY good Rbs, I really expected them to blow a lot of people out this year with their offense. And that was without the benefit of Milas Austin's emergence.

I am very surprised to see how they have performed in big agmes this year. I thought they were tougher than that . . :wacko:

I did too. I still don't blame Wade at all for this loss. With 1st and goal at the one you have to leave it up to the guys up front on 4 plays to get a yard. Now I question our talent and grit on the team and not the coaching. They had to get that ball in there. Also Folk who has been money is off and that cost us huge this game. San Diego made more plays and came up with more heart on the goal line. No excuse for that series of plays. That was a very hard fought game and came down to the players on the field.

Still not out of it but it is do or die against the hotest team in the league this week. A win could just pull it all together.

Still pulling for my Boys.

Get well soon Ware we need ya.

I did too. I still don't blame Wade at all for this loss. With 1st and goal at the one you have to leave it up to the guys up front on 4 plays to get a yard. Now I question our talent and grit on the team and not the coaching. They had to get that ball in there. Also Folk who has been money is off and that cost us huge this game. San Diego made more plays and came up with more heart on the goal line. No excuse for that series of plays. That was a very hard fought game and came down to the players on the field.

Still not out of it but it is do or die against the hotest team in the league this week. A win could just pull it all together.

Still pulling for my Boys.

Get well soon Ware we need ya.

I can't believe you are still backing the coaches. This team has plenty of talent ... but no grit. It is up to the coaching staff to build the character and grit of a team. The head coach is about as soft as they come ... and that gives you a soft team with no grit.

I can't believe you are still backing the coaches. This team has plenty of talent ... but no grit. It is up to the coaching staff to build the character and grit of a team. The head coach is about as soft as they come ... and that gives you a soft team with no grit.

Yep, it might not be Wade's job to open that hole at the 1 yard line, but it's sure as hell his job to create the culture of a team that opens holes at the one when they need to. This looks like a team that is made up of guys who are convinced someone else is going to make a play so they don't have to. And that mentality comes from the top down.

Yep, it might not be Wade's job to open that hole at the 1 yard line, but it's sure as hell his job to create the culture of a team that opens holes at the one when they need to. This looks like a team that is made up of guys who are convinced someone else is going to make a play so they don't have to. And that mentality comes from the top down.

I don't believe that at all. Have any of you at all seen Wade in person? Have you seen his practices? Have you even so much as said Hello to the man? How do you know what he says and does. Players make the plays period. He puts the players in position to make plays and that is all you can ask for. They have to do it on the field period. I have seen plenty of toughness out of his players and they fought hard on Sunday no question. Give me a break guys it's not like San Diego came in and blew us out. They are a Superbowl caliber team and and to lose on a missed FG and a great goal line stand is not some huge thing to throw in the towel over. Look at NE, Pitt, they aren't soft are they but they have the same record, you can add Phlly whom we beat and the Giants also, who lost to Oakland and knowone here would say they are soft.

You guys crack me up. Let's just see how the season plays out. If in fact, we lose every game down the stretch and miss the playoffs then maybe I am willling to question Wade but even so if Ware is out for the season perhaps the best OLB in football that may show up to hurt also.

All a coach can do is to make sure the team is prepared and plays hard each week and put them in position to win, he has done that IMO. Folk has to make his kicks and for two years he has been money so you have to give him a chance to get right, but after yesterday what do you do? If we were getting blown out that would be one thing but that hasn't happened. I know winning is all that matters but still Wade is doing his job and the players have to take responcibility for this season period.

I don't believe that at all. Have any of you at all seen Wade in person? Have you seen his practices? Have you even so much as said Hello to the man? How do you know what he says and does. Players make the plays period. He puts the players in position to make plays and that is all you can ask for. They have to do it on the field period. I have seen plenty of toughness out of his players and they fought hard on Sunday no question. Give me a break guys it's not like San Diego came in and blew us out. They are a Superbowl caliber team and and to lose on a missed FG and a great goal line stand is not some huge thing to throw in the towel over. Look at NE, Pitt, they aren't soft are they but they have the same record, you can add Phlly whom we beat and the Giants also, who lost to Oakland and knowone here would say they are soft.

You guys crack me up. Let's just see how the season plays out. If in fact, we lose every game down the stretch and miss the playoffs then maybe I am willling to question Wade but even so if Ware is out for the season perhaps the best OLB in football that may show up to hurt also.

All a coach can do is to make sure the team is prepared and plays hard each week and put them in position to win, he has done that IMO. Folk has to make his kicks and for two years he has been money so you have to give him a chance to get right, but after yesterday what do you do? If we were getting blown out that would be one thing but that hasn't happened. I know winning is all that matters but still Wade is doing his job and the players have to take responcibility for this season period.

You make it sound like this determination is being made strictly on this one game. They're 3-8 down the stretch with Wade and 0 and whatever in the playoffs.

You're right about one thing, I haven't been to a Cowboy practice and have never met the guy. All I know is some coaches manage to get their guys to nut up and others don't. You keep saying it's just his job to put them in position and that's it. That's not it. The boss creates the culture of excellence, failure, or something in between regardless of what the business is. Sure these guys are tough to a degree, they're freaking pro football players. And yes, it's not like they're completely mailing it in from the first kick-off. However, they have a really bad habit of not sacking up when they need to. Good coaches figure out a way to inspire their players to make great plays not only up to the most important play of the game, but that play as well.

And then there's the fact that they got cute and passed the ball all day long against the Giants. That's 100% on the coaching staff.

Whatever, I don't have a dog in the fight here. I just know that it's December, so it's time for the Cowboys to pack it in again.

In regards to the bolded statement above ... the Cowboys are the shinning example of not being properly prepared for games and for the inability to finish a game. I am astounded that you believe the Cowboys to be a well coached team. I guess you'll leave the rose colored glasses on until the bitter end.

When you bleed a teams colors it makes it hard to see clearly sometimes. That said, this team has shown streaks of greatness...and streaks that are normally in underwear. Does that mean they are talented, but don't play hard? Or not talentedenough? Or not well coached? Each person is going to seee it a little different based on their own opinions. To me it's a shared blame. JJ needs to stay the heck out of the football side, he already cost the team a super bowl in the 90's by running Johnson out of town. Wade, IMO, isn't a superbowl coach, never has been and likely won't be. Garret..nope uh uh. Players.....some lack the heart...you can see them not trying on some plays, it's like they are just joggning along side a blocker so it looks like they are trying. If JJ hires a real GM, and then a strong coach, they can turn this around quickly..until then we will suffer these type of seasons.

Hey Cowboyz, interesting perspective. May I ask how long you've been an NFL fan? Also are you employed full-time or still in school? Just curious.

Now I question our talent and grit on the team and not the coaching.

Talent is on the players...imo, the grit you talk of comes from the coach and what he expects/ingrains in a player

as far as talent goes (not sure if it was here/you or some place else but I think I read/heard that the cowboys don't have any talent or such)

What do all of these guys have in common?

Witten, Flozell, Leonard Davis, Gurode, Ware

answer they have been pro-bowlers for the past 2 years

What do all of these guys have in common?

Romo, Barber, Newman, Hamlin, Folk, Ratilff

answer they have all been to a pro-bowl in the last 2 years

and add in Roy Williams as a guy that was a pro-bowler 3 yrs ago

I really don't know how anyone can say the Cowboys have no talent

No grit, no heart, no passion etc then sure that answer seems to be a resounding YES...

but no talent...[ESPNbite] C'mon Man[/ESPNbite]

Edited by keggerz

December has struck and the Coach is once again a pumpkin. Cinderella has fled from the Ball, leaving behind only an old half deflated k-ball. Unfortunately in this case there is no Prince Charming coming to the rescue and Cinderella will have to wait until next year's Ball for another chance.

Repeat until Jerry Jones hires both a new GM and HC.

How bout now. You still feel the same Grits? That team tonight was prepared and fired up. They beat the undefeated Saints in their house. Defensively they were dominant. Offensively they were almost perfect as you can be in a game like this. Romo flawless.

Roy Williams almost cost us the game as did Folk. But thanks to Wade's D they slammed the ajared door shut. You can't tell me this team can't be a contender. They went up against the best, as many on this board say, in their house and won Convincingly.

That is why I say keep Wade. He is no Joke that is for sure.

hahahahahaha, to all you cowboy haters out there. &%#*@ you

The boys stuffed the undefeated #1 team in the nfl at home!!!!!!!!!!!!!! even gave them a chance at the end by missing another field goal for them and still kicked their butt.

If you look at the losses Dallas has had this year there are only 2 where they were physically beat by the other team on the field. The Dallas def is #4 or 5 against the run in the entire NFL, and not a team you want to be playing at this time of year. Just ask The Untouchable Saints tonight.

Wade out coached them for 3 straight quarters tonight. better rethink your wade thoughts soon. or the boys will stick it to your team next....:wacko: