[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Randy Moss

WaterMan

Not sure how much longer he has. He probably will wait around as long as the Pats are good since he still doesn't have a ring. I don't see him as a guy that would be ultra-motivated to become #2 on the receptions and yardage lists. I guess he has an outside chance of getting the career TD mark if he hangs around 4-5 years. I don't see him as a guy that plays much past his prime.

Would he play for the kind of money that Muhammad plays for? I doubt it.

I think this is probably Randy's last "big" year. Maybe one more. Then the decline begins. I think he'll be around another 3-4 years. That puts him around 35-36.

I'll tell you this, I saw him drop A LOT of balls this year. And he wasn't nearly as good on the deep ball, or the jump ball, as he used to be.

edit: He has one year remaining on his contract with the Patriots. It was a 3 year deal signed on 3/3/08

Edited by CaptainHook

I would say he has another 3-4 very good years left. The big question is what happens after his NE contract runs out. Does he stay there or go somewhere else ?

I drafted Moss in 1998 in my dynasty league and I won 6 championships in this specific league thanks mostly to this guy and I will be forever in his debt. I still remember the day he came out I had watched his last 2 years in college and I was so desperate to get him despite him falling to 21st in the NFL draft I moved up from 7th to 3rd selection to make sure I was going to be able to land him. I had him rated as the #1 rookie coming out in 1998 and as I sat there awaiting the guy who happened to have both 1st and 2nd picks to make his selections I was just praying he would not take him....with the 1st pick...Robert Edwards NE RB...with the 2nd pick Ryan Leaf SD QB....and I went Randy Moss in about .2 nano seconds after he finished his pick...I did not walk I ran to the podeum.

The only drawback I see to Moss is I have to pretty much always take him in every draft I ever so I never get a 1st round RB anymore.

Edited by Henry Muto

Brady never even looked his way. Moss disappeared at the end of the year, and was a no-show in the play-offs too. I think he's done in New England after next year, the last of his contract.

He did manage to score 3 TDs in week 16, so it's not like he was totally invisible (FF-wise or "real football-wise"), although I see your point generally speaking. All in all, there are some things that need fixing in NE, not all of them Moss related, and not just due to today's showing.

Moss looked like he was playing hurt today. Hopefully he can be 100% to start next season without Welker possibly to start the year New England could be in trouble. That 59-0 Tennessee game seems like years ago.

I agree he must have been injured. Brady wasn't looking for him much today.

I missed most of the game today...what makes people say they think Moss was playing injured? Did he get hurt on a play in the game? He wasn't listed on the injury report...that is outside of being listed as a "Did not practice" on Friday but it was listed as "not injury related".

Definitely the type of guy that would just stop playing football and make a career of playing video games and smoking pot. Only the Super Bowl ring keeps him playing.

Maybe if someone breaks his TD record then that will get him running at full speed again. :wacko: