[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Will Celek be a top 10 TE this year?

Grits and Shins

I'm hoping that Kolb's return gets him back on the right side of the receiving progression. It sure looked like he was a total after-thought to Vick, who locked in on Jackson and went to Maclin as option 2.

I'm guessing when Philly starts playing division foes with a pass rush, he'll become a useful safety valve. I'm not sure whether that translates into Top 10 stats by season's end.

At this point in time I am waiting on Dustin Keller to pass to me in Waivers for Brent Celek. Celek had top 5 TE upside with top 25 downside. I believe the downside is more possible.

Dustin Keller is looking to average 800 yards with 8 TD's this year. and with Braylon facing possible suspension...... I like my odds.

At this point in time I am waiting on Dustin Keller to pass to me in Waivers for Brent Celek. Celek had top 5 TE upside with top 25 downside. I believe the downside is more possible.

Dustin Keller is looking to average 800 yards with 8 TD's this year. and with Braylon facing possible suspension...... I like my odds.

The last time I checked Keller still played for the Jets. They are a running team. You won't see an out put from Keller like last weekend very often, IMO. I wouldn't drop Celek for Keller after just 2 weeks. I would try and knab Keller, but I wouldn't drop Celek to do it.

The last time I checked Keller still played for the Jets. They are a running team. You won't see an out put from Keller like last weekend very often, IMO. I wouldn't drop Celek for Keller after just 2 weeks. I would try and knab Keller, but I wouldn't drop Celek to do it.

+1

The Pats secondary is AWFUL. Keep that in mind when you make your decision. The Bengals and Jets torched that secondary.

I too drafted Celek thinking that I had a solid TE. Just today I picked up Dustin Keller off waivers (still have Celek). Keller looks to be Sanchez's favorite target after 2 games..

Will be starting Keller until we see how Celek will be utilized in the coming weeks..

I wouldn't be abandoning Celek just yet - he's played less than a half so far in 2010 with the "starting" qb that we all assumed would be feeding him the ball. I, for one, am giving him at least through this week to show why I drafted him. Assuming Kolb actually plays, I'm expecting a very solid game from Celek. If not, TE seems to be remarkably deep this season with the emergence of Lewis, Pettigrew, Hernandez, that kid from KC, etc. - I'm sure there will be guys available next week that will be more than playable if I end up jumping ship on Celek.

I had Keller ranked higher than Celek before Kolb got hurt. Never believed in Kolb, and even less in Vick, and as I've said before, avoided all Philly players on offense this year.

Keller is going to have big games any time the Jets play a cover 2 defense. If it isn't a cover two, Keller could have some quiet games. Matchups... it's about matchups... and mismatches and as bad as Sanchez can be, he is better at using his TE than Vick is, and I'll even say better than Kolb when facing a cover 2 defense.

Well, Vick is now the guy. Last week he had a man crush on D Jackson. Week 1 it was Jason Avant. I had higher expectations last week based on a stupid report I read saying that Vick loves TEs (Crumpler was his boy in Atlanta). If that's the case, someone needs to remind him that he has a solid recieving TE in Celek.

It's only been 2 weeks, but my expectations for Celek cant get any lower. I'm hangin on to him for a few more weeks, but if nothing comes of it by week 5, I say it's time to cut my losses.

Well, Vick is now the guy. Last week he had a man crush on D Jackson. Week 1 it was Jason Avant. I had higher expectations last week based on a stupid report I read saying that Vick loves TEs (Crumpler was his boy in Atlanta). If that's the case, someone needs to remind him that he has a solid recieving TE in Celek.

It's only been 2 weeks, but my expectations for Celek cant get any lower. I'm hangin on to him for a few more weeks, but if nothing comes of it by week 5, I say it's time to cut my losses.

If you drafted him, you are pretty much stuck with him. I mean, most owners have 2 TE's on their rosters already, what's left? If you jumped for Celek, I think you have to plug him in and ride it out now. It's not like a Gresham is out there on the WW.

If you drafted him, you are pretty much stuck with him. I mean, most owners have 2 TE's on their rosters already, what's left? If you jumped for Celek, I think you have to plug him in and ride it out now. It's not like a Gresham is out there on the WW.

You could roll the dice on hot prospects. I considered the NE rookie but he didn't make it through waivers. I am eying the KC rookie long and hard right now.

I'm giving Celek one more week before benching him, but picked up Marcedes Lewis as a fallback plan. Hopefully Garrard recognizes the success he's had throwing to this guy and realizes that he's the #2 option that JAX has been looking for alongside MSW.

But what if Gresham is available? Remember, 1 out of 10 fantasy footballers are challenged.

I'm giving Celek one more week before benching him, but picked up Marcedes Lewis as a fallback plan. Hopefully Garrard recognizes the success he's had throwing to this guy and realizes that he's the #2 option that JAX has been looking for alongside MSW.

I'm benching him this week (maybe a week too early - maybe a week too late) in favor of Dustin Keller.

Another thing to consider....the Eagles O-line has been brutal thus far as they deal with the losses of Andrews and Jackson. they are giving up a ton of sacks....Vick, even with his mobility over Kolb, was sacked six times versus the Lions. Had it been Kolb, that number surely would have been double-digits.

Sadly for Celek owners, he is being used in pass protection quite a bit more, and when his is out on routes, he is at the mercy of a scrambling QB who is often looking deep or just running the ball. The number of receptions for Jackson is also down, and had it not been for his 45-yard TD last week, he too would be board-fodder as a bust this year.

Another thing to consider....the Eagles O-line has been brutal thus far as they deal with the losses of Andrews and Jackson. they are giving up a ton of sacks....Vick, even with his mobility over Kolb, was sacked six times versus the Lions. Had it been Kolb, that number surely would have been double-digits.

Sadly for Celek owners, he is being used in pass protection quite a bit more, and when his is out on routes, he is at the mercy of a scrambling QB who is often looking deep or just running the ball. The number of receptions for Jackson is also down, and had it not been for his 45-yard TD last week, he too would be board-fodder as a bust this year.

Persuasive - the o-line has really contributed to offensive chaos for PHI, which actually benefits them when they've got a scrambler like Vick. Maybe it IS already time to put Celek on the FFL shelf (at least for now) . . .