[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sidney Rice

HeavyHitter

Any word on when Sidney Rice will be back. I drafted him and hes sitting on my bench, i've got other options that are getting me by for now. But i'd like more production and was hoping rice would be the answer once he gets back. I know Favre loves to throw the him and that why i picked him up. I also have Santonio Holmes, this is his last week on suspension. Will he see enough time week 5 for me to play him?

Edited by HeavyHitter

Anyone have any idea on Holmes? How much playing time does he get Week 5? Enough to start him?

I only carry 4 WRs in the league I own him in and I have 1 on bye so he is starting for me week 5...whatever that means. I have confidence he will be at least a WR3. Sanchez has come to life.

Thinking bout gambling on Holmes week 5 also. My WR's arnt playing well. Im in a new league and he let us carry 8 people on the bench, ive basically been playing with 6 bench with Holmes and Rice just sitting there. After all , im used to playing with 6 bench players anyway. But my WR's have been slacking a bit because i dont have much.

i got:

DeSean Jackson

Harvin

Legadu NaaNee

Derrick Mason

Holmes

Rice

Rice is out for awhile yet but im gonna hold onto him because when he comes back i think hes gonna make a difference. But i may gamble and play Jackson, Harvin, Holmes on week 5. I dont have much on the WW to pick any one else up.

Top picks on WW are:

Roscoe Parrish

Steve Johnson

Josh Morgan

Is it worth dropping mason for any of these guys? And it seems nobody in my league will make any trades.

Thinking bout gambling on Holmes week 5 also. My WR's arnt playing well. Im in a new league and he let us carry 8 people on the bench, ive basically been playing with 6 bench with Holmes and Rice just sitting there. After all , im used to playing with 6 bench players anyway. But my WR's have been slacking a bit because i dont have much.

i got:

DeSean Jackson

Harvin

Legadu NaaNee

Derrick Mason

Holmes

Rice

Rice is out for awhile yet but im gonna hold onto him because when he comes back i think hes gonna make a difference. But i may gamble and play Jackson, Harvin, Holmes on week 5. I dont have much on the WW to pick any one else up.

Top picks on WW are:

Roscoe Parrish

Steve Johnson

Josh Morgan

Is it worth dropping mason for any of these guys? And it seems nobody in my league will make any trades.

This is an advice question. You will be better asking this in the Fantast Football Advice forum.

I'm no doctor but one has to assume you're still a ways off from NFL contact when you were just recently cleared to use anti-gravity treadmills... http://plixi.com/p/47972246

I've got thoughts on Rice coming out in the morning's JUMbotron.

Judd Zulgad says he's still not walking without crutches as of Sept. 27th.

JUM

And apparently still walking without gravity.

We seem to be on the same wavelength. I just don't see it happening and I've noticed a lot of time FF'ers are afraid to let go. I'm not. The season is too short --and managing a roster is too hard without dead weight on it.

Broken fibula, even a torn meniscus, okay maybe. But the hip is so complicated and surgeries are so invasive there.

For any Rice-owner that plans to keep on keepin' on, I really hope I'm wrong.

JUM

Doubt it they wouldn't play Rice. The Vikings will probably cut it close making it into play offs, up until Rice's return. They will need the chemistry that Favre has with him to get their passing game back into stride. They didn't pick up VJax or Houshmanzadeh, they are probably just trying to ride it out the best they can till Sidney can return.

I'll continue to hold him. 4 weeks of Sidney is better than 11 or 12 more weeks of Lee Evans or whoever else is out there on the wire in my local. Sidney is only about 17pts behind Colston after 4 weeks. :wacko:

Edited by Piles

Off the crutches:

Vikings | Sidney Rice ditches crutches

Tue, 12 Oct 2010 12:35:31 -0700

Minnesota Vikings WR Sidney Rice (hip) is no longer using crutches after undergoing hip surgery in August, according to the Minneapolis Star Tribune's Judd Zulgad. Rice had a follow-up exam Monday, Oct. 11.

kffl

i believe the team holds that view, but rice might press himself.

I see him pressing himself back, hard to bargin a new contract with the Vike's (or any team) from the sidlines...made even harder with Moss in town.

I think Rice is done fantasy-wise for this season. Even if he does come back it will be too late in fantasy seasons before he is healthy enough to make any kind of difference. I think he's very questionable as a keeper beyond this season as well. Just way too many factors working against him. Nobody knows at this point how he will respond on the field once he has healed, not to mention losing Favre, gaining Moss & the increased possibility of future injury risk. This situation has fantasy RIP written all over it IMO.

I think Rice is done fantasy-wise for this season. Even if he does come back it will be too late in fantasy seasons before he is healthy enough to make any kind of difference. I think he's very questionable as a keeper beyond this season as well. Just way too many factors working against him. Nobody knows at this point how he will respond on the field once he has healed, not to mention losing Favre, gaining Moss & the increased possibility of future injury risk. This situation has fantasy RIP written all over it IMO.

this.